The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-03-2015, 02:16 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
The article you linked to is two years old so it's old news.
It is indeed old news. I posted the link as a source for my information about James's parents bailing him out.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:18 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Nearly every thread on here refers to the DM and how terrible they are as if they are in control of everyone thoughts and opinion
Don't read it then you won't get upset
The Daily Mail has great pictures though. Most of us, I think, can see through the crapola they write and don't bother at all with the comment section. If I had to pay to read the DM, I wouldn't.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Nearly every thread on here refers to the DM and how terrible they are as if they are in control of everyone thoughts and opinion
Don't read it then you won't get upset

I think the DM has a love/hate relationship with the RF.

The articles are pejorative, yet it seems they have more coverage than any of the other papers!
Old 02-07-2015, 03:03 PM
Majesty

I think so as well. It's classic "Can't live with them/Can't live without them."
Old 02-07-2015, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

The pictures in the Daily Mail are its best thing. I wish the other papers had such good photos on their website but alas they don't. 😞

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-07-2015, 08:10 PM
Royal Highness

You know what your going to get with DM it's not going to change. So your banging your head against the wall.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
You know what your going to get with DM it's not going to change. So your banging your head against the wall.

But if you don't, then you can't come in and complain over and over and over again about the terrible DM. It's always the same people, so either skip their posts or get to know the Ignore feature on here. It will make your time here far more enjoyable.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
But if you don't, then you can't come in and complain over and over and over again about the terrible DM. It's always the same people, so either skip their posts or get to know the Ignore feature on here. It will make your time here far more enjoyable.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
What has made my life more enjoyable is not clicking on the DM at all. The pictures are available all over the net and I dont have to read inaccurate bunkum

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-09-2015, 01:27 AM
Royal Highness

Some lovely words about the Middletons

http://m.independent.ie/opinion/colu...-30975347.html

Old 02-09-2015, 02:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I see it as pot-stirring. There continues to be the suggestion that Charles is 'concerned' about the Middleton influence. Unpleasant pot-stirring imo.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:31 AM
Royal Highness

I thought it was a lovely piece outlining some great pluses marrying into such hard working family.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I thought it was a lovely piece outlining some great pluses marrying into such hard working family.
I agree there.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:54 AM
Royal Highness

Truly there is about 6 words about him the rest is about commoners that marry into royal families in Europe and what they bring to such families.
It is a lovely article and I thought I was safe posting it in the Kate's family thread because it is about her family.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I didn't see it as deliberate pot stirring. The negative claims are in Catherine Mayer's book which is getting a lot of attention this past week and the article is a response to that.

We really don't know what Charles thinks of Kate's family. There hasn't been much public interaction between them and we don't know about private interaction. Even if Charles totally can stand them, he wouldn't want that to come out for William, Kate and George.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:03 PM
Royal Highness

To me it was good read about Kate's family with a little of Charles but then it become all about .. Their rubbishing Charles when in fact they were weren't.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Too each their own.
To me it was good read about Kate's family with a little of Charles but then it become all about .. Their rubbishing Charles when in fact they were weren't.
This, m'friend, is what discussion and opinion is all about. We all can and do see things from various angles and its coming together to discuss, give our opinions and not only put across our own point of view but to also listen to other's and possibly on the odd occasion we see things we've not seen before and broaden our scope of understanding.

Where things go off track and is detrimental is when a thread turns into a personal war of words between posters. No one's opinion is more valuable than the next.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-09-2015, 09:05 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Several off-topic posts have been removed. Please do not attack other members, as per forum rules.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
Pippa Middleton, James Middleton and Donna Air attends the British Heart Foundation's Roll Out The Red Ball at Park Lane Hotel on February 10, 2015 in London, England-

Arrivals at Roll Out the Red Ball - Pictures - Zimbio

Charity ambassador Pippa Middleton cuts an elegant figure in striking red lace gown as she leads the glamour at fundraiser-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...lace-gown.html

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-11-2015, 12:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Charity ambassador Pippa Middleton cuts an elegant figure in striking red lace gown as she leads the glamour at fundraiser-
Pippa Middleton leads the glamour at the British Heart Foundation fundraiser | Daily Mail Online
Wow! Love that dress! Pippa looks great. I don't understand why they are referencing the dress as a 'gown'. I thought I was going to be seeing a floor length gown, not a knee length dress. Is this me? Am I wrong?
Old 02-11-2015, 12:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Wow! Love that dress! Pippa looks great. I don't understand why they are referencing the dress as a 'gown'. I thought I was going to be seeing a floor length gown, not a knee length dress. Is this me? Am I wrong?
I'm with you on this one. I'd be more likely to refer to Pippa's outfit as a cocktail dress rather than a gown.

― John Lennon

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth