The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Serene Highness

PetticoatLane, I could not have said it better myself. And I totally reject the idea that the Middletons must shut tha elves inside their home and avoid everything. They would be prisoners and let the media win that way.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:15 AM
Aristocracy

The Middletons had a business long before Kate ever met William.
Their business is to offer party stuff for every type of party. Should they stop offering stuff to celebrate a birthday or a wedding?

The public have the right to buy what they sell or purchase from a competitor. People buying from the Middletons because of their connection is not much different from shopping at a business with a royal warrant.

Cashing in on their royal connection is offering a chance to met William, or the Queen for a price.
Or offering the Cambridge collection which is signed by the couple or something along those lines.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Old 09-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

In the First World War, Catherine's great-great-grandfather John Harrison enlisted with the Duke of Cambridge's Own Middlesex Regiment in the town of Houghton-le Spring.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:44 PM
Courtier

Prince Harry arrives at society wedding - hellomagazine.com

Since it is reported that every Middleton except Catherine attended the wedding - I've posted this here, I posted the Daily Mail version over on Harry's events thread.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Courtier

Pippa Middleton ‘to become journalist on US network NBC’ | 5 News | Channel 5

Reports that Pippa may have new job in the US.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Charles Spencer blazed the trail
Old 11-07-2014, 01:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

A royal hoedown! Pippa touches down in NYC 'for talks with NBC about Today show job' before flying to Wyoming for a video- taped swing dancing-
Pippa Middleton arrives in NYC for 'Today talks about new job' | Daily Mail Online

Pippa really enjoyed herself in Wyoming. Her Dance moves were pretty good.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-12-2014, 09:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video Interview:
Kate Middleton's Brother on His Sweet New Company:
James Middleton discusses his new marshmallow business "Boomf" and being an uncle to Prince George-

Kate Middleton's Brother on His Sweet New Company | Video - ABC News

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Majesty

uhm I don't think talking about Kate is a smart move... The are entitled to talk about themeselves or ther business but I think Kate (since she is a very public person and a royal family's member) should be off limits... And now they will be blamed of looking for fame and spotlight.... (actually they don't need it).
Old 11-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I don't know why Pippa and James can't talk about Kate. Charles Spencer didn't shy away from talking about Diana. Lady Elizabeth Anson (the Queen's cousin), is constantly on tv talking about the BRF. Another cousin (Margaret Rhodes), wrote a book about her relationship with the Queen. And just recently, Princess Michael has been all over the place discussing the BRF, while promoting her new books.

Plus it's not like Pippa and James are actually revealing anything. It's all so basic....George is great, we're a close family and see each other all the time, etc. Hardly anything scandalous.

Here's another interview where he talks about his business and having dyslexia.

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/...r-9225860.html
Old 11-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^ I agree and its a pretty smart move too. It helps satisfy public curiosity in Kate without revealing anything private or personal.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Exactly. I think they're handling it really well. They know they're going to be asked about Kate, so they discuss her without actually revealing anything. I noticed when the interviewer asked about Kate coming to New York, James told her he had no idea, because he didn't keep track of her diary. So her family knows there is a balance they have to strike, and are well aware that there are certain things they can't discuss.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
It is interesting that "everyone keeps saying that" James William looks like Tsar Nicholas II of Russia.

Old 11-12-2014, 02:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
It is interesting that "everyone keeps saying that" James William looks like Tsar Nicholas II of Russia.

Either him or George V. I found it nice to hear from him. He's obviously proud of his family and it shows. It's good to see him out and promoting his business. I'd like to have a Boomf Marshmallow on top of my hot chocolate. It seems like a fun idea.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I don't know why Pippa and James can't talk about Kate. Charles Spencer didn't shy away from talking about Diana. Lady Elizabeth Anson (the Queen's cousin), is constantly on tv talking about the BRF. Another cousin (Margaret Rhodes), wrote a book about her relationship with the Queen. And just recently, Princess Michael has been all over the place discussing the BRF, while promoting her new books.

Plus it's not like Pippa and James are actually revealing anything. It's all so basic....George is great, we're a close family and see each other all the time, etc. Hardly anything scandalous.

James Middleton's family values: the Duchess of Cambridge's younger brother talks dyslexia, marshmallows and Donna Air - London Life - Life & Style - London Evening Standard
Great post - you can add Tom Parker Bowles, Mark Philips, Peter Philips, Zara Philips. They accept interviews because they have a living to make. They handle the questions well, and dont give anything away. Same as Pippa and James.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-12-2014, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

The thing is, they will always be asked about Kate and George.
That is what the media is interested in, so they must say something. So far, they've done very well, I think they are all careful not to embarrass the RF.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/...r-9225860.html

To be fair, whenever any other family members speak about their Royal relations they get criticized as well. Wasn't it just a few months ago where Camilla's daughter-in-law was being criticized for daring to answer a question about Kate? I've even seen Peter and Zara criticized for doing so.

Personally, I think it's one thing when a relative answers a question in an interview - particularly when they stick to a general or vague response and don't really violate anyone's privacy - and another thing when they write a book or build a museum for them. What James did here was completely acceptable, especially in comparison to what other relatives have done (coughCharlesSpencercough).
Old 11-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
The thing is, they will always be asked about Kate and George.
That is what the media is interested in, so they must say something. So far, they've done very well, I think they are all careful not to embarrass the RF.
So they have learned to give an answer that gives away nothing. I'm fine with that. If we think unofficial pictures are bad, how much worse are unofficial stories? Think about that.
Harry's the only one who is allowed to say revealing things like "the baby puked on Will's blue dot tie the other day and aren't we all pleased?"
Old 11-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Peter got blasted for selling his wedding pictures to Hello. Zara sold baby pictures to Hello but didn't get much backlash.

Both James and Pippa talked about other things and it wasn't all about Kate and George. William even talked about his family when he did his wildlife special documentary.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth