The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought but , given that The Duchess of Cambridge was not confirmed until shortly before her marriage to Prince William, I have to wonder at just how religious the Middletons actually are.

Is it a case of "We were there ,so we went instead of attending our usual church" or "we had better go because we are guests ( or not as the case may be ) of HM. "

My thoughts, what about everyone else ????

I don't think they are particularly religious, the Midds or W&K. I think they go because its the right thing to do and its expected of them.

Just a thought but , given that The Duchess of Cambridge was not confirmed until shortly before her marriage to Prince William, I have to wonder at just how religious the Middletons actually are.

Is it a case of "We were there ,so we went instead of attending our usual church" or "we had better go because we are guests ( or not as the case may be ) of HM. "

My thoughts, what about everyone else ????

IMHO a person's faith is their personal relationship between themselves and their deity. As Rudolph points out there are those who attend services regularly but who don't follow their faith's "golden rule." On the other hand there are those who steadfastly follow that rule and pray, but attend services infrequently or not at all.

The Middletons must be aware of how religious QEII is and that she faithfully attends when she can, but I doubt that she'd impose that upon any of her guests. If the invitation to attend was offered, it seems that they wanted to be there.

How religious the Middletons are or how often they attend church is off topic imo. The current events thread for British royals will descend into yet another session of Middleton bashing.

it is a reasonable assumption as they walked to/from the church with HMQ's Lady in Waiting and friend, Lady Susan Hussey.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Queen hosted them all at Sandringham before / after church to celebrate Kate's birthday a day early.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Queen hosted them all at Sandringham before / after church to celebrate Kate's birthday a day early.

i have no proof but my thought was that HMQ might have hosted a lunch for the group.

Your thought is very reasonable IMO. Everyone can congregate at the Big House and enjoy time together.:)

We DON'T know this.
We DO known that Middletons were at Sandringham before and after the service.

No we don't know they were set sandringham house, the big house. There are no photos, no confirmation. No reason to think the recently I'll queen has invited the extended Middleton family to stay in her private house.

What we know is they were seen walking to and from church from the sabdringham, Estate. This is very different from the house. A,Meg hell is located in the estate. This is a ten bedroom mansion.

You think it is more likely the queen is housing her grandsons in laws then it us that her parents, brother and sister are staying in the six guest bedrooms in her mansion :ermm:

No we don't know they were set sandringham house, the big house. There are no photos, no confirmation. No reason to think the recently I'll queen has invited the extended Middleton family to stay in her private house.

What we know is they were seen walking to and from church from the sabdringham, Estate. This is very different from the house. A,Meg hell is located in the estate. This is a ten bedroom mansion.

You think it is more likely the queen is housing her grandsons in laws then it us that her parents, brother and sister are staying in the six guest bedrooms in her mansion :ermm:

Spheno said nothing about the Middletons sleeping there, only that they were at Sandringham House. And that's by far the most logical conclusion, based on the following:

They came up the private path from Sandringham House.

The house at Anmer is approximately 5 km away from the church. They are very unlikely to have gone for a five km hike over public, country, roads with press/photographers and members of the public around, some of them in 4+ inch heels.

The most likely course of events was that they drove to Sandringham House from Anmer Hall, left the cars there, and walked to the church.

The only question, really, is whether they went into Sandringham House (which, really, is what I'm guessing Spheno is actually claiming but please correct me if I'm wrong, Spheno). Personally, while there's no proof either way, I strongly suspect that the Queen would never leave family members, the in-laws and friends of those family members, or one of the highest peers in England, hanging outside on her driveway.

Spheno said nothing about the Middletons sleeping there, only that they were at Sandringham House. And that's by far the most logical conclusion, based on the following:

They came up the private path from Sandringham House.

The house at Anmer is approximately 5 km away from the church. They are very unlikely to have gone for a five km hike over public, country, roads with press/photographers and members of the public around, some of them in 4+ inch heels.

The most likely course of events was that they drove to Sandringham House from Anmer Hall, left the cars there, and walked to the church.

The only question, really, is whether they went into Sandringham House (which, really, is what I'm guessing Spheno is actually claiming but please correct me if I'm wrong, Spheno). Personally, while there's no proof either way, I strongly suspect that the Queen would never leave family members, the in-laws and friends of those family members, or one of the highest peers in England, hanging outside on her driveway.

Excellent work. You countered that post with logic, I love when common sense prevails.

In addition, as Cepe mentioned on the previous page, they walked the path with HM's lady-in-waiting. I doubt the Queen would invite in Lady Susan for tea/lunch while leaving the rest of the group outside her house uninvited. I think some posters let their dislike color their analysis.

What we need to do is stick to the facts. Its not about liking or disliking someone or debating where someone's "place" is or the advantage of taking Clutch Purse Shield 101 at your local community college. Its about what we know to be true.

Did the Cambridges and the Middletons go to the Big House for any reason at all? We'll never know as whatever happened there, stays there and was private.

We know the Middletons were in Norfolk
We know the Middletons walked to church
We know it was Kate's birthday weekend.
We know the Queen is back in action again.

Everything else is pure speculation.

The party walked to church from Sandringham. When you see the royals and their guest walking to church on the Sandringham estate, they are departing from Sandringham House.

We saw Kate and William attending the big charity dinner a taste of Norfolk at their estate.

No surprise when Kate and William moved to Amner, the daily fail decided to try and sell papers making a competition between the two ladies. Who was richer? Who had better style? Even compared their similar families. They sure love pitting women against each other or at least trying to make people think that way :bang:

We saw Kate and William attending the big charity dinner a taste of Norfolk at their estate.

No surprise when Kate and William moved to Amner, the daily fail decided to try and sell papers making a competition between the two ladies. Who was richer? Who had better style? Even compared their similar families. They sure love pitting women against each other or at least trying to make people think that way :bang:
Sounds like the daily fail.

The little video clip is great! Catherine was cheerful and friendly, the same way that she is over 20 years later. I just love her.:flowers:

:previous: The article seems to be working hard to spin the negatives. :sad: BTW she seems like a lovely woman. :flowers: First I've seen her 'live'. So when is that marriage happening? ;)

Last edited:
An article from a few years ago that sort of puts it all in perspective.

Uncle G should be welcomed, not vilified, for spicing things up a bit. He is only the latest in a long line of waifs and strays who have found themselves on the fringes of royal circles because a relative happened to marry into the firm. See the 9th Earl Spencer, with his seven children from three different wives and a string of affairs that led to him briefly being dubbed “Lord Lovecheat” and “Lord of the Flings”.

Or the late Major Ronald Ferguson, who in 1988 was found to be a member of the Wigmore Club, a massage parlour in London staffed by girls dressed in “starched white medical gowns”, who allegedly offered members sexual services. Then there is Tom Parker Bowles, arrested in 1995 for possession of marijuana and Ecstasy, and exposed in 1999 as a cocaine user.

As ever, the most interesting people in the Royal family are not actually part of it – they just happen to be distantly related to it. Though that is not to say that the royals aren’t without their own flaws and foibles.

The antics of self-made Uncle G, who pulled himself up from a house in Hounslow and made his first million before his 30th birthday, seem pretty tame and inoffensive when compared with those of Prince William’s uncle, Air Miles Andy. Now there’s a black sheep, a man who used up vast amounts of public money on airfares while working as UK trade envoy, and who would probably have continued to do so had his friendships with the likes of Libyan gun smugglers (Tarek Kaituni) and paedophiles (Jeffrey Epstein) not been publicly questioned

Rita Clifton, a brand expert, believes that Uncle Gary is vital to the Middletons.

“I think there is a long and rich tradition in this country of good old English eccentricity, without which most families would not exist.” Uncle G, with his fondness for chicken livers and 1999 vintage Château de Sales-Pomerol, certainly fits the bill.
Read more: Every royal family needs an Uncle Gary - Telegraph

Last edited:
Interesting publicity pic. - for the 30 Years PP blog! No way was that one going to make it's way into the media! :lol:

Last edited:
"Chocolate eggs are favourites: Mrs Middleton cracks Easter with a series of banal tips on how to celebrate "

Carole Middleton writes series of banal tips on Easter | Daily Mail Online

Michael Middleton walking Pippa up the aisle will be his third time

Michael Middleton's third walk up the aisle with Pippa

Here's a look at James's life both before and after his family became quasi-royalty.

The mysterious life of James Middleton, Kate's party-loving little brother who runs a marshmallow company | The Independent

And today was the turn of Michael and Carole Middleton to attend the Wimbledon

Carole Middleton dresses the part in white at Wimbledon | Daily Mail Online

Carole with Pippa attended today at the Wimbledon

Carole Middleton keeps her cool at Wimbledon | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
"Chocolate eggs are favourites: Mrs Middleton cracks Easter with a series of banal tips on how to celebrate "

Carole Middleton writes series of banal tips on Easter | Daily Mail Online

What a poisonous article. I mean, just truly ugly in a way that these folks have never done anything to earn. Carole was basically writing ad copy- promotional material for her business. That's what it looks like! We don't expect new and exciting writing from commercials for any other kind of business, why should hers be any different?

What a poisonous article. I mean, just truly ugly in a way that these folks have never done anything to earn. Carole was basically writing ad copy- promotional material for her business. That's what it looks like! We don't expect new and exciting writing from commercials for any other kind of business, why should hers be any different?

I am sorry but we aren't talking commercials.

Yes when I read an article written with tips, I expect some real tips. Seems along the lines of why Pippas book was such a flop. People expect a party planner to have tips that a preschool teacher couldn't come up with themselves. Just like I expect cookbooks to give me good recipes, I expect advice columns to give advice.

I think they get a lot of undue criticism. I will totally give them that. But when it comes to publishing articles, I hold them to same standards. This wasn't a commercial or ad for her business. It was a magazine article she wrote on Easter parties.

I am sorry but we aren't talking commercials.

Yes when I read an article written with tips, I expect some real tips. Seems along the lines of why Pippas book was such a flop. People expect a party planner to have tips that a preschool teacher couldn't come up with themselves. Just like I expect cookbooks to give me good recipes, I expect advice columns to give advice.

I think they get a lot of undue criticism. I will totally give them that. But when it comes to publishing articles, I hold them to same standards. This wasn't a commercial or ad for her business. It was a magazine article she wrote on Easter parties.

Really? Did you notice they didn't link to the article or name the publication? I just did a search for it and it's not coming up. It sounds like the pretty standard kind of sponsored content often pushed in magazines as business promotion.

Happy 30th Birthday to Mr. James Middleton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom