The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Uncle Gary has been interviewed by the Sunday Times Homes and Style section. Here is the link
Prince charming's Ibiza home | The Sunday Times

I'm not doing a complete summary but here is a really interesting section

"I had been ready to interview a wheeler-dealer, so I was surprised to find that Goldsmith is genuinely charming and good company. He has made his money and wants to spend it on the good things in life. Far from being brash or arrogant, he is softly spoken and has creative flair, which comes across in the decor of the villa "

“I’m not this cartoon of a character that I was portrayed to be. I’m a jolly hard-working fella who has had the opportunity to buy a house like this, and the first thing I’ve done with everything I’ve ever achieved is to share it with everybody.”

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Commoner

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question, but is it true that the DOC's parents, the Middletons, have been invited to Sandringham for Christmas? I have read it in the news, but you never know what to believe. If so, that is so awesome.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I am not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question, but is it true that the DOC's parents, the Middletons, have been invited to Sandringham for Christmas? I have read it in the news, but you never know what to believe. If so, that is so awesome.
The royal family gathering for Christmas is just for The Queen's family. Throughout her holiday stay at Sandringham( December-Feburary) The Queen
Invites a host of friends and family for weekend stays. That would be the only time the Middletons could possibly visit. It's just Christmas is just for the royal family. I'm sure the Middletons have their own plans for the Christmas holidays.

The Honourable Frances Shand Kydd
Old 10-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
The Middletons have been "invited" to Christmas at Sandringham since Catherine and William started dating. The story runs every year.

My only hope is that Catherine and William bother to show up at Sandringham this year.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Nobility

Could be the reason they were given the house. The Middletons could be close by, and the D & D can pop over to Sandringham as needed.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Courtier

The royals do the presents and family fancy dinner on Christmas Eve. Christmas Day they go to church in the morning and then have a lunch. When Amner Hall is ready, the Middletons could stay there and spend time with the Cambridges on Christmas Day after the family lunch.

In 2011, WK did Christmas with the royals and New Years with the Middletons.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The Middletons have been "invited" to Christmas at Sandringham since Catherine and William started dating. The story runs every year.

My only hope is that Catherine and William bother to show up at Sandringham this year.
Catherine was still sick last year at Christmas and probably would not have wanted to be around a lot of people or do the whole dress up thing at Sandringham.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Michael Middleton unleashes his inner party animal-
Michael Middleton unleashes his inner party animal - Telegraph

Get down with your bad self, Michael.

Pictures:
Michael Middleton unleashes his inner party animal and joins the conga line at fundraiser-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbi...-at-fundraiser

He just can't get enough! James Middleton and Donna Air enjoy two romantic date nights in as many days-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ghts-days.html

Old 11-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Courtier

Pippa rules the waves! Kate's little sister wraps up warm as she sets sail for the Isle of Wight with Olympic star Sir Ben Ainslie | Mail Online
Old 11-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of Cambridge's brother James Middleton calls for new charity month: Decembeard-
Kate Middleton's brother James Middleton calls for new charity month Decembeard - Telegraph

Old 12-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

The Middletons capitalise on the royal connection |Spletnik.ru
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 12-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Aristocracy

No confirmed evidence here... 'suspected' [by a Russian gossip rag] isn't sufficient to build a coherent case against them !

IMO the Middletons have been scrupulous in avoiding capitalising on their connection with the Royal Family.

If you want to prove otherwise you will have to do better than this article {which is vague in the extreme}
Old 12-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

actually the BRF do deals with car manufacturers - Audi cornered the market for William and Harry for years. Obviousyl the boys were cashing in on their royal connections

:)

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Aristocracy

But that is NOT proof the Middletons do, is it ?
Old 12-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent

The article was posted to increase the post count, but not to prove anything or bicker with the subjects of the United Kingdom.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 12-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Royal Highness

Is Pippa really engaged? Some newspapers say she is some say no.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Nobility

Catherine and Pippa attend party in Bucklebury
'She Was Very Jolly': Kate Middleton, Duchess Of Cambridge Kicked Off New Year's Celebrations By Partying With Pippa - Celebrity Gossip, News & Photos, Movie Reviews, Competitions - Entertainmentwise
Old 01-05-2014, 08:57 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Carole Middleton is seen by many as the embodiment of home-counties contentment, but her brother seems to lack sympathy for commuters.
Gary Goldsmith says rail travellers moan about the latest inflation-busting fare rises, but benefit from lower house prices than in London.
“Funny that people bleat on about a three per cent rise in rail ticket pricing to get the benefit of getting more house for their pounds in the suburbs,” says the Duchess of Cambridge’s uncle.
Kate Middleton's uncle: Why rail users should stop 'bleating' about fare rises - Telegraph
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Courtier

Honest to God his views are not newsworthy.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge is recognised the world over for her beauty and it's easy to spot where she got those good looks - and great legs - from.
Her mother Carole Middleton showcased her own fashion credentials as she stepped out in a short coat and eye-catching patterned tights for a spot of shopping today at upmarket department store, Peter Jones in London.
The 58-year-old grandmother stopped traffic as she strolled down the Kings Road in Chelsea, while younger sister Pippa dressed down for her own shopping expedition just down the road.
Carole Middleton shows off her legs in racy lace tights with Pippa in Chelsea | Mail Online

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth