The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness this discussion has been going for over 24 hrs isn't anyone eating or sleeping ?? Is this a record

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

But you wouldn't have previous pictures if they were attending the church next to their home. So I don't know how they could meet your expectations. Are you suggesting that they drive miles away to a different church just so you can have regular pictures of them? I have a feeling you would then accuse them of parading for paps.

You are misreading my post.

In the previous 14 year, why would there not be pictures or some reports of Catherine or her family attending church to celebrate a birthday?

There are reports and photographs of them spending time in Mustique.
This is a private island, yet in 14 years nothing about going to church to celebrate a birthday.

Catherine has been in William's life since 2001.
The Middleton family has been photographed since at least 2007 on a somewhat regular basis.

If William went to church to celebrate Catherine's birthday anytime during the previous 14 years he would have been photographed.

Catherine has been followed by the Paparazzi since it became public knowledge she was dating William, especially after they left school.

If she had been photographed by the paparazzi prior to January 10th attending church to celebrate a birthday, no one would be able to say they were parading infront of the paparazzi.

I know I would never make such a comment.

How prophetic did those last sentences turn out to be.... Written prior to the wedding:

"Can you imagine being Michael and Carole Middleton, linked for the rest of their lives to the royal family, forever obliged to parry questions from their friends about its carryings-on, and subjected to relentless media attention without even the protection that royals enjoy? Pity them."

Yes, that was dead on. The Guardian is the only UK paper I can tolerate.

It may very well be a record, Royal Rob! :)

Last edited:
You are misreading my post.

In the previous 14 year, why would there not be pictures or some reports of Catherine or her family attending church to celebrate a birthday?

There are reports and photographs of them spending time in Mustique.
This is a private island, yet in 14 years nothing about going to church to celebrate a birthday.

Catherine has been in William's life since 2001.
The Middleton family has been photographed since at least 2007 on a somewhat regular basis.

If William went to church to celebrate Catherine's birthday anytime during the previous 14 years he would have been photographed.

Catherine has been followed by the Paparazzi since it became public knowledge she was dating William, especially after they left school.

If she had been photographed by the paparazzi prior to January 10th attending church to celebrate a birthday, no one would be able to say they were parading infront of the paparazzi.

I know I would never make such a comment.

Alright, between the years of 2006-2013 how many times did Catherine's birthday fall on a Sunday?

In 2016 her birthday fell on a Saturday...

That's because her family and friends stayed overnight in Norfolk to celebrate her birthday. I'll assume in the London years that they didn't need to crash at her place, making only Sunday relevant.

Jan 10th 2010 was a Sunday. I'll bet though that neither Kate nor William spent any of it going to church. That's OK though, as most of their generation of Britons would have done exactly the same.

There is no evidence that either of the Cambridges or the Middleton family are devout church goers, and therefore they probably went because church attendance is important to William's grandmother, she would have expected the Cambridges to turn up, and their guests (Kate's family) came too.

Let's not pretend though that any of them are devoted to attending church services on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Now correct me if I'm barking up the wrong snow covered tree here but many times during this discussion of the Middletons attending church service with the Queen on January 10th, its been said that the Middletons were "invited" by the Queen to attend church services with her and the Cambridges. It was a special service with a wreath laying afterwards to commemorate the British that served at Gallipoli at the end of WWI. In fact, when the Cambridges actually showed up at the wreath laying after the service (sans Middletons) , it was not something that was planned but more of a surprise.

Its also my understanding that when one receives an invitation from HM, The Queen, one doesn't just ignore it or RSVP with a "sorry, I'm busy" but it is taken as a huge compliment. It used to be that an invite from the monarch was more of a command than a request but its not that way so much these days. I'm thinking with the Queen inviting the Middletons to the church service it was more on a familiar, private basis but still..... who says "no" to the Queen?

Alright, between the years of 2006-2013 how many times did Catherine's birthday fall on a Sunday?

So I looked it up myself. The only time her birthday fell on a Sunday was in 2011. I surfed the web and I didn't see any pictures of her on that day, so we don't know how she celebrated. The day before she was at a church in Aldborough, North Yorkshire for a friends wedding. Maybe she spent the whole weekend in Yorkshire, who knows.

Now correct me if I'm barking up the wrong snow covered tree here but many times during this discussion of the Middletons attending church service with the Queen on January 10th, its been said that the Middletons were "invited" by the Queen to attend church services with her and the Cambridges. It was a special service with a wreath laying afterwards to commemorate the British that served at Gallipoli at the end of WWI. In fact, when the Cambridges actually showed up at the wreath laying after the service (sans Middletons) , it was not something that was planned but more of a surprise.

Its also my understanding that when one receives an invitation from HM, The Queen, one doesn't just ignore it or RSVP with a "sorry, I'm busy" but it is taken as a huge compliment. It used to be that an invite from the monarch was more of a command than a request but its not that way so much these days. I'm thinking with the Queen inviting the Middletons to the church service it was more on a familiar, private basis but still..... who says "no" to the Queen?

That may be so, but 'it's been said' could mean anything in reference to a newspaper/media report. We don't know whether the Queen issued a personal invitation to come to church to the Middletons or not. IMO it would be unusual. Generally, if you are staying with people in England and they are going to Sunday service, for whatever reason, it's left to the guests' discretion or preference as to whether they join their hosts and attend.

Yes, after church the Middletons, Bakers, Meades, and ms. Carter walked in the direction of Sandringham instead of to their cars. So either The Queen invited them to lunch or they planned a hostile takeover of Sandringham. I haven't heard that they were arrested for trespassing so I'll assume they were invited to lunch.

Yep, probably all the guests at the two houses sat down to lunch together. Wouldn't be polite to invite one lot and leave others out.

That may be so, but 'it's been said' could mean anything in reference to a newspaper/media report. We don't know whether the Queen issued a personal invitation to come to church to the Middletons or not. IMO it would be unusual. Generally, if you are staying with people in England and they are going to Sunday service, for whatever reason, it's left to the guests' discretion or preference as to whether they join their hosts and attend.

The more I think about it, the more my peabrain comes up with stuff. Perhaps the reason for an "invite" to church services was in regards to that this was no ordinary run-of-the-mill ordinary Sunday service but actually a royal event set up with a wreath laying afterwards. I'd have to go back and really investigate just who attended (or were invited to attend). Families of the British soldiers lost at the Gallipoli campaign? Other dignitaries etc.? Perhaps that's why "invites" were needed for this occasion?

Thanks to Iluvbertie and her meticulous eagle eye on what the royals do and how they do it and when they do it, she says:

"Interestingly the event at Sandringham last Sunday for the 100th anniversary of the end of the Gallipoli campaign was not an official engagement for any of the royals present, which is why there is 0 against Philip, William and Kate all of whom were clearly present but none of whom were recorded as present by the CC. Nor was The Queen by the way".

Just observations on my part. One can only gaze with amazement at a heavy winter storm for so long. :)

As far as 'no pictures before of William and Kate attending Church' before X goes....people do change. It's not that uncommon for people to become more serious about their beliefs after they have children and as they themselves are shifting priorities.

LaRae

The more I think about it, the more my peabrain comes up with stuff. Perhaps the reason for an "invite" to church services was in regards to that this was no ordinary run-of-the-mill ordinary Sunday service but actually a royal event set up with a wreath laying afterwards. I'd have to go back and really investigate just who attended (or were invited to attend). Families of the British soldiers lost at the Gallipoli campaign? Other dignitaries etc.? Perhaps that's why "invites" were needed for this occasion?

Thanks to Iluvbertie and her meticulous eagle eye on what the royals do and how they do it and when they do it, she says:

"Interestingly the event at Sandringham last Sunday for the 100th anniversary of the end of the Gallipoli campaign was not an official engagement for any of the royals present, which is why there is 0 against Philip, William and Kate all of whom were clearly present but none of whom were recorded as present by the CC. Nor was The Queen by the way".

Just observations on my part. One can only gaze with amazement at a heavy winter storm for so long. :)

We all need our distractions. I'm posting here during commercial breaks for the Australian Open. :D

To keep it on topic, I'm sure the Middletons are rooting for Federer to win the tournament, while I'm
rooting for Djokovic to continue his Australian domination.

Last edited:
What have I been missing here? The Middletons in church and in the presence of the Queen? I thought I read they were Jewish....:p

Okay, now that I've thrown my hat into this ring, it's time for my midnight power nap. Scurrying off...

Mr. & Mrs. Middleton's daughter is married to the second in line to the throne. Catherine is the future Princess of Wales/Queen Consort. Their grandchildren is the heirs to the throne.

Pippa and James is pretty successful in their own right. James's business is doing pretty well, btw. He just straightened out the wrong press reports about his business.

What's your point again?

I'm confused by your point. Pippa and James are successful in their own right? Pippa's party book was a laughing stock and her contract was canceled.
Celebrate? I doubt it… Pippa's party book tumbles down charts | News | Culture | The Independent

Pippa Middleton Book Deal – Publisher Drops Book Deal (Glamour.com UK)

Her Telegraph column was cancelled after six months:

Her audition with NBC didn't pan out:

'Cringeworthy' Pippa Middleton flops in attempt to become a TV star in the USA - Mirror Online

Her last two boyfriends dumped her. I'm not seeing the success here.

As for James, his two cake companies and wine company failed and now he is selling marshmallows. His marshmallows are a cute novelty idea, but one can hardly build a financial empire on just marshmallows. I'm not seeing the success here, either.

James Middleton’s cake business crumbles | The Times

James Middleton's two cake firms and wine business close | Daily Mail Online

I'm confused by your point. Pippa and James are successful in their own right? Pippa's party book was a laughing stock and her contract was canceled.
Celebrate? I doubt it… Pippa's party book tumbles down charts | News | Culture | The Independent

Her Telegraph column was cancelled after six months:

Her audition with NBC didn't pan out:

'Cringeworthy' Pippa Middleton flops in attempt to become a TV star in the USA - Mirror Online

Her last two boyfriends dumped her. I'm not seeing the success here.

As for James, his two cake companies and wine company failed and now he is selling marshmallows. His marshmallows are a cute novelty idea, but one can hardly build a financial empire on just marshmallows. I'm not seeing the success here, either.

James Middleton’s cake business crumbles | The Times

James Middleton's two cake firms and wine business close | Daily Mail Online

Despite the bad reports, Pippa and James are doing very well for themselves. James just did an interview about his business and mentioned that the reports about his company failures was wrong.

The Queen is well-known not to be a snob...

How funny that so many commoners are!

Despite the bad reports, Pippa and James are doing very well for themselves. James just did an interview about his business and mentioned that the reports about his company failures was wrong.

Unless you get a look at their balance sheets or bank accounts, you have no idea what is going on with them or how well they are in fact doing.

If someone tells us he is financially successful during an interview...well, of course they are... Kind of like people giving us details on internet forums about themselves, such as their age, what they do, etc, etc. I think you get my drift here....

Doesn't mean they aren't in fact successful in their own right - but we don't know.

Unless you get a look at their balance sheets or bank accounts, you have no idea what is going on with them or how well they are in fact doing.

If someone tells us he is financially successful during an interview...well, of course they are... Kind of like people giving us details on internet forums about themselves, such as their age, what they do, etc, etc. I think you get my drift here....

Doesn't mean they aren't in fact successful in their own right - but we don't know.

Yeah, but I'm just saying that those two are doing okay than most people their age.

There is no evidence that either of the Cambridges or the Middleton family are devout church goers, and therefore they probably went because church attendance is important to William's grandmother, she would have expected the Cambridges to turn up, and their guests (Kate's family) came too.

Let's not pretend though that any of them are devoted to attending church services on a regular basis.

I can't see that it matters whether they are regular church goers, or whether that was the only time they ever set foot inside a church.

I'm not a regular attendant, but you may be sure that if I were invited by the Queen, I'd be there!

The keyword is invited. As far as I'm aware, the Middletons are not pounding on the palace doors demanding admittance. I see no reason why they ought to refuse any invitations they get.

My understanding is that H.M is a committed Christian and Heard of The Church of England. Now please feel free to correct me, but given this, why would she not invite people to Church?

Dear Ms. G. Giraffee, I do so enjoy your input.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's speculation but I also believe that the Middleton's attendance at church was likely at the invitation of the Queen, which is tantamount to an offer that can't be refused.

The Queen .. Come to church with me then came back to mine for a cuppa
Middletons .. Better not last time we did that the TRF had a melt down.

???

I would just like to be thank everyone in this thread for helping me through the flu by hallucinating for me.

:previous: Anything to help a fellow TRF member.;) Hope that you recover soon.

Pretty much it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom