The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When there is so much written about the Middletons cashing in on their royal connection (even you their not making a penny out of it) why doesn't Tom Parker Bowles get the same treatment. His new cooking show is about to start here in Australia he is promoted as the next Queen of England's son. I doubt anyone here would have ever heard of him so cashing in on his royal connection big time.

When there is so much written about the Middletons cashing in on their royal connection (even you their not making a penny out of it) why doesn't Tom Parker Bowles get the same treatment. His new cooking show is about to start here in Australia he is promoted as the next Queen of England's son. I doubt anyone here would have ever heard of him so cashing in on his royal connection big time.
There are alot of double standards around the Cambridges and Middletons. Like your example. Or when William made a lighthearted joke that some took offence to he was not fit to be king and have no connection to his people but when Phillip rudely swore to a photographer doing his job he was "a classic Phillip" and "it's refreshing to have someone telling the truth". There are alot of double standards generally. Kate is accused of dressing boring... what about William and his blue suits? :p

The fact is that he is, indeed, the son of the next Queen of England (and of Australia, NZ ........). Tom is very aware of the public interest in his mother, and has always been very careful of what he says. The only bit he does really talk about is his mothers roast chicken recipe.

The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background

The fact is that he is, indeed, the son of the next Queen of England (and of Australia, NZ ........). Tom is very aware of the public interest in his mother, and has always been very careful of what he says. The only bit he does really talk about is his mothers roast chicken recipe.

But he is using his royal connections to earn money and I don't care if he's nice or not he gets a free pass to promote his RC.
Carole Middleton is the grandmother of the future king of England but all hell would break loose if she sold her party pieces using that title

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
But he is using his royal connections to earn money and I don't care if he's nice or not he gets a free pass to promote his RC.
Carole Middleton is the grandmother of the future king of England but all hell would break loose if she sold her party pieces using that title

How is Tom using his royal connections?

As I said before is selling his show as the future Queen of England's son if Carole was selling her party pieces as " party pieces by the grandmother of the future king of England " she would be torn to shreds.

As I said before is selling his show as the future Queen of England's son if Carole was selling her party pieces as " party pieces by the grandmother of the future king of England " she would be torn to shreds.

Is the clip available for all to see?

If your in Australia and watching when the ads come on yes.

Actually I don't see it as Tom Parker-Bowles hanging onto Camilla's coat tails to promote his new cooking show but rather the show's promoters themselves latching onto that little tidbit of information for PR reasons.

This type of career is something that Tom has built up over a long time and IIRC, he's never used any kind of connection to further his career. He doesn't need to. He's good at what he does on his own merits.

Wait, is he calling deliberately himself "the son of the future queen of England" or is it a teasing from the press (like for the Middletons) ?

On the official website of the show , he's seen as "food critic".
http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/the-...erything-you-need-to-know-about-the-hotplate/

Anyway i will agree on the fact that there's a clear double standard regarding the Middletons. ...

He has had RC all his life so who knows if he would have had the great career if he didn't. If he is so good he shouldn't need to push his RC. Carole started her business long before William came into their lives and a golly good business it has been

It's not from the press it's a ad for HIS show that runs on the station

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I don't see it as Tom Parker-Bowles hanging onto Camilla's coat tails to promote his new cooking show but rather the show's promoters themselves latching onto that little tidbit of information for PR reasons.

This type of career is something that Tom has built up over a long time and IIRC, he's never used any kind of connection to further his career. He doesn't need to. He's good at what he does on his own merits.

Very valid point. Is it Tom that is using his royal connections, or is it the press (or the producers) making a point?

There's, indeed, a mention to his royal relatives in his profile on the show's website.

Tom Parker Bowles | The Hotplate | 9Jumpin

Tom Parker Bowles is one of Britain’s best known and most respected food writers and critics.

He writes a weekly restaurant column in the UK’s Mail on Sunday and is the food editor at Esquire magazine. Tom also contributes to GQ and Tatler.
In 2014 he was named Restaurant Reviewer of the Year by the UK Guild of Food Writers.
Tom has written five highly-acclaimed food books: E Is For Eating – An Alphabet of Greed, The Year of Eating Dangerously, Full English: A Journey Through the British and Their Food, Let's Eat: Recipes From My Kitchen Notebook and Let's Eat Meat. He’s also a director of the London institution Green’sRestaurant and Oyster Bar.
Tom attributes much of his passion for food to his mother, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall. His stepfather and godfather is Charles, Prince of Wales.
Tom is no slouch in the kitchen himself, cooking regularly for his wife and two children, and showing off his skills on British television. He’s a frequent visitor to Australia, attending food festivals and writing about our restaurants for international publications. His encyclopaedic knowledge of food and incisive criticism will keep all
contestants on their toes.

I think that having a Royal connection opened doors that a regular guy off the street wouldn't be able to walk through. It probably has helped Peter, Zara, David Linley, Tom P-B, Charles Spencer and Pippa and James. That's just how it works. It helps to know people.

What I find outrageous is the constant criticism of Party Pieces selling stuff as a cashing in on their Royal connections. Selling little princess or prince birthday plates isn't cashing in on George or Charlotte. That's just a common theme. I seen those themes here in America where we have no royalty.
Or complaining that they are pictured in a children's book that they had nothing to do with. And worst of all how dare they be pictured in their grandchildren's christening photos.

I think that having a Royal connection opened doors that a regular guy off the street wouldn't be able to walk through. It probably has helped Peter, Zara, David Linley, Tom P-B, Charles Spencer and Pippa and James. That's just how it works. It helps to know people.

What I find outrageous is the constant criticism of Party Pieces selling stuff as a cashing in on their Royal connections. Selling little princess or prince birthday plates isn't cashing in on George or Charlotte. That's just a common theme. I seen those themes here in America where we have no royalty.
Or complaining that they are pictured in a children's book that they had nothing to do with. And worst of all how dare they be pictured in their grandchildren's christening photos.

Exactly! What do people want? Them not to work wouldn't be more welcomed exactly! Maybe not sell anything with crowns/princess/prince/helicopter/brittish theme? xD

Having famous royal connections do open doors, even if you're not actually using those connections. Name recognition goes a long way.

The media treat the Middleton's and Tom Parker Bowles differently. The media see the Middleton's as a middle class, social climbing family. Despite their successful business ventures before Catherine and William got together. I think the media see Tom Parker Bowles as a upper class son of The Prince of Wales's longtime mistress/wife. What he do is part of his privileged life. Also, he's not a hot story, as the Middleton's are considered hot.

I've noticed the double standards for a while now.

Its not the 'media' so much as it is the Daily Mail. The Middletons are where Mail readers aspire to be. Wealthy, move in aristocratic circles, holidays in Mustique etc. Mail readers are in the demographic that brings out the most class envy with regards to the Middletons.

Pippa used to write for the Telegraph and the Spectator. No problems or issues there.

Last edited:
Her other pictures show her in a bikini and swimming with Nurse Sharks. She also tagged/mentioned the Bahamas twice. I doubt she was lying about their location.

Well there were issues with Pippa's writing because she no longer writes for them or indeed The Waitrose in-house magazine. I believe she was quietly dropped due to not going down that well with the general public.

"I thinks she is quite upper class, judging from the fact that she now goes to the same school as William, St. Andrews, who is a very fine school as well.
I do not think you will find any "average" , middle- class people there, but of course I could be wrong"

There are plenty of "ordinary" people at St. Andrews. Most universities in Britain these days are following policies that deliberately target people from poorer backgrounds.
Trust me if one does not have the grades, one does not get into St. Andrews.

Well there were issues with Pippa's writing because she no longer writes for them or indeed The Waitrose in-house magazine. I believe she was quietly dropped due to not going down that well with the general public.

They dropped Delia Smith a few years ago and brought Pippa Middleton in, now they have re-instated Delia Smith after Pippa went. I wish they would get rid of Heston Blumenthal!

I love Delia Smith. She also writes religious books by the way and went to school up the road from where I now live in Bexleyheath, Kent. I want reliable recipes that I know will work. Delia provides that decade in and out.

Sorry but he looks like you would be scared not to buy his products in that photo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom