The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I did read that article before it was posted here and thought it utterly mean-spirited, jealous and flying in the face of the spirit of entrepreneurship and living what we call "the American dream" here. I applaud what the Middleton family has done and those who pettily gripe about it only wish they can do what they've achieved. As HRHHermione stated so aptly, living well is the best revenge!
Some people just can't bear seeing others do better than them. I've seen it with my own eyes while working on my Masters degree, and in other instances. The jealousy is completely unwarranted, since the person who has worked hard to get to where he/she is has nothing to do with the other person's lower quality lifestyle. This newspaper is so petty, it would be comical if it wasn't so rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Amanda Platell is a has-been, whose political career went nowhere, and makes her living now from being as unpleasant as possible in the Daily Mail. As an example of this, just after Charles had been a good sport and agreed to present the weather forecast on BBC Scotland, Ms Platell was not pleased. The rest of us thought it was funny and showed Charles not only has a sense of humour, but is willing to poke fun at himself. Ms Platell did not agree:

I forecast trouble for Prince Charles the royal Goon | Mail Online

Has Ms Platell apologised to Charles since we all saw his incredibly touching personal tribute to his mother broadcast just before the Jubilee? Of course not.
Wow! That's spiteful and obnoxious. I think the Prince of Wales did a wonderful tribute to his mother, and I loved watching him do the weather forecast in Scotland. This woman is trying to take her own anger on those who are not deserving of being trashed like this.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Administrator

I read the article as well and I thought it wasn't worth the paper it was written on.

I guess she has no answer for those people who were in the Royal Box, do they think they are royal as well?

The hate that is directed at the Middleton's is just amazing but really its just par for the course at the Daily Mail. That paper doesnt like the rich or the poor. They just like causing trouble IMO.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Courtier

Just remember, people who write such garbage are telling us what they themselves are like mentally and emotionally. It certainly does not make me want to know them.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Pippa Middleton's family firm could be in breach of strict Olympic advertising laws with new products | Mail Online
Old 07-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy

im not 4 sure if this has been asked before but is kate middleton related 2 bay middleton he was a equerry to John Spencer, 5th Earl Spencer
Old 08-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Serene Highness

I dont think so. William " Bay " Middleton had one child as far as I know, a girl. He was rumored to have been the father of I think another girl, I think she became the wife of Winston Chuchill.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:30 AM
Royal Highness

William Middleton came from a family of Scottish landowners who were well-off enough for his uncle to be the master of the Fife hunt and his father to marry a Hamilton (of the Scottish ducal family).
I personally doubt any connection because if one such existed, we would have heard about it.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:20 AM
Courtier

James Middleton profile, brother of Kate and Pippa - GQ.COM (UK)
Old 08-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

That's a nice article on James. Good to him on his business ventures!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not bad article, it was for the first time admitted info about his private life.Though I find that James is rather ambitious young man.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Good old Katie Nicholl - ace reporter at dishing up negative comments with a smile on her face. Loved the way she "distanced" herself from early poor press coverage of the Middletons, led by her paper the DM.

He's ambitious, young and getting on with his life. Good luck to him. My only advice would be to stop giving interviews.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Has there been any sign of the Middletons at the Olympics? I checked the usual zimbio for pics a couple of times - and didn't find anything. Have any of the family been spotted at the games?
Old 08-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Has there been any sign of the Middletons at the Olympics? I checked the usual zimbio for pics a couple of times - and didn't find anything. Have any of the family been spotted at the games?
No - I read that thy are away on holiday

Old 08-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Was this written by Nicholls?! Crap I can't stand her, when will she go away. As for James I have always liked him since I first discovered him. Definitely think he is better looking than Pippa.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Was this written by Nicholls?! Crap I can't stand her, when will she go away. As for James I have always liked him since I first discovered him. Definitely think he is better looking than Pippa.
certainly was - I agree with you. She damns people with faint praise; dishes the "Dirt" (cos it isn't really) and then murmurs a few positives. I'd say what I really feel but I'd get banned. But she's a witch.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
certainly was - I agree with you. She damns people with faint praise; dishes the "Dirt" (cos it isn't really) and then murmurs a few positives. I'd say what I really feel but I'd get banned. But she's a witch.
She's definitely out to make a buck on whatever web she can weave out of thin air but to call her a witch is alluding that she has knowledge of the old religion. There are some among us such as I that do follow the old ways. Not trying to cause any problems but I did want to point that out.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
She's definitely out to make a buck on whatever web she can weave out of thin air but to call her a witch is alluding that she has knowledge of the old religion. There are some among us such as I that do follow the old ways. Not trying to cause any problems but I did want to point that out.
ok - thi scould get me into trouble. "B" is an interesting letter; what rhymes with witch.

Witch as it a general term of a v not nice person.

I think I have to stop there!

Old 08-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

An interesting article about the Middletons:
Keeping up with the Middletons: How Michael and Carole joined the royal elite | UK News | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express
Old 08-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Commoner

Thank you very much for the article.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Serene Highness

I think in private they are the same family as other people's. I don't think it is so big news that the Middletons were guest by Charles and Camilla, or by the Queen. They are also only familymembers, I can imagine, that Charles and Camilla were also guest by Middletons without press and propaganda, they are only people like me or you... Their role in the public is others. But their familyevents and the contact to eachother can be the same as by us.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth