The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Courtier

It's not that surprising after the Middletons had such problems getting the building permits for the additions they wanted to do to their existing property. Although I do believe they were finally given permission, it was a PR mess and obviously wasn't going to be met kindly the next time. This is a better solution, and I'm sure William wants his children to have a very secure and private environment at his in laws. He obviously loves that family and wants his children to have a comfortable environment that fits the security needs necessary.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why do the DM and the Telegraph think this is any of our business? If they don't feel safe in their current home; which is understandable given that we've heard stories of people walking up to their front door and loitering at the end of their drive; then they should move. Who cares if William is helping them financially or not? They're just as much a part of his family as the royals.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Nobility

If the above article - specifically where it quotes Carole Middleton in 2008 - is to be believed, then the Middletons are concerned for all 3 of their children. While there are certainly benefits to being in-laws of a future King, there are also undoubtedly drawbacks - and chief among the drawbacks would be the loss of your family's privacy.

William has shown that he is committed to having a good relationship with his wife's side of the family. And since strong family relationships enhance good marriages, I say good for him.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Nobility

I'd like to read the interview from 2008. Does anyone have a link?
Old 06-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez View Post
I'd like to read the interview from 2008. Does anyone have a link?
Kate Middleton's 'vulnerable' mother speaks out for first time - Telegraph
Old 06-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Courtier

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
Michael and Carole Middleton will be in the royal carriage procession at Ascot today.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
The Middletons are about to step over the threshold of a grand new residence.

Read more: As they trade up to a £4.7m home, how much cash are Kate's parents making out of their royal links? | Mail Online
I am thrilled for them! I have always wondered why this hadn't happened sooner. Makes complete sense to me - particularly because of the need for safety and privacy. It looks like they have lucked-out with a gorgeous place - right where they have lived all these years. Perfect.

It's also occurred to me with all this discussion of why William and Kate are not buying a country house - that this, in effect, is their country house. The couple will come here for some of their country vacations. What better place for Kate to come with her children to be totally relaxed, surrounded by her close-knit family, when William is off and away - and one day Pippa's children and James', too, if either are so inclined.

A good move in my book.

P.S. Stranger than strange - what do people make of the 'anti-monarchist tract' on Party Pieces On-Line mentioned in the article? A bit odd.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Nobility

The Good and the Bad. Their business has improved, good. They will all be hounded by the press for the rest of their lives, bad. As long as there is a balance, and it works for them, I hope they are all happy. After all it is their daughter, and after all these years, they are pasted the Prince thing. They think the boy is good. There name is out there. Speculation will follow them on every thing. The Middletons just need to stay above board and ignore it which it crops up, and it always will.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

There's a new face for James Middleton's cake business!
According to Richard Kay, Katie Readman (who once partnered with Lady Natasha Rufus-Isaacs in the company Beulah) is now posing for James.

In the article she mentions that it's weird to find her bikini-clad picture on cupcakes, but said she agreed because he is such a close friend.

Wonder whether she gets paid by the cake?
Old 06-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Royal Highness

Pippa and James Middleton are in the royal box today at Wimbledon to see Serena Williams play Melinda Czink. Just saw them on tv!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Pippa and James Middleton are in the royal box today at Wimbledon to see Serena Williams play Melinda Czink. Just saw them on tv!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2165964/She-looks-ace-Pippa-Middleton-chic-navy-makes-royal-box-debut-Wimbledon.html

Middleton family members at Wimbledon
Old 06-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Courtier

I like her outfit!! she looks pretty

I think that he looks so much like their dad
Old 06-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pippa looks like she is dressed in a very conservative way. Wonder if that's because she is still attempting to keep a low profile?
Old 06-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Courtier

Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers
LOTS OF PICS FROM TODAY

Does anyone know any video?
Old 06-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Heir Apparent

While I like the outfit, she must have been sweltering in that heat. I agree with Mirabel that she might be dressing in a conservative manner to keep under the radar since the gun incident in Paris.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:39 AM
Courtier

It's back on! Pippa Middleton returns to the love of her life Alex Loudon - UK & World News - News - People.co.uk

Pippa and Alex are back!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 04:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Like I supposed it to be,but nothing is for sure yet.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:52 AM
Courtier

Has Pippa Middleton rekindled her romance with ex-boyfriend Alex Loudon? Spotted leaving his home in the early hours | Mail Online
Old 07-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps she is just picking up some things she left there?

But if they have reconciled, we will know soon enough; I don't think the press have lost interest in Pippa.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I really can't believe what I read in the papers anymore, unless there's a photo of the couple in a lip-lock!

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth