The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-24-2011, 02:04 AM
Gentry

A Coat of Arms is a special and historical thing to have within your family.
I find them really interesting and decorative to look at.
They are very British.
The Middleton family should definitely have had one drawn up for them. Every one's family has a history that is worth noting. Most humans are adventurous and creative.
You don't have to have royal connections to have a family Coat of Arms.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Courtier

Also - do you buy a coat of arms or are you issued one?

Old 08-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Courtier

I'm sorry - but all this talk of the Middletons being social climbers is absolutely ridiculous, in my opinion. Their daughter fell in love with a prince, and her parents will watch her be mercilessly ridiculed, inspected, poked, prodded, and used by the press. This is a complex situation - not merely one of those "well, they just wanted to get more power and money"-type deals.

Also - who else in their position would have turned down the opportunity to be a part of the Royal Family, no matter how much "social climbing" you were accused of? especially if your daughter were in love?
Old 08-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
Also - do you buy a coat of arms or are you issued one?
If you look back to the previous page, you will see a nice, detailed description of the process from Diarist. Essentially, there is a fee paid but it is to defray the cost of research & design by the self-supporting agency. Hope this helps!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:23 PM
Majesty

Good to see that Catherine's parents are liked by William's family.

Kate and William spend Bank Holiday with the in-laws | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Good to see that Catherine's parents are liked by William's family.

Kate and William spend Bank Holiday with the in-laws | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com
I'll second that... It's good to see everyone getting along. It makes me forget the 90's.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger View Post
I'll second that... It's good to see everyone getting along. It makes me forget the 90's.
I think the 90s need to be forgotten. It wasn't a good time for the Windsors.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger View Post
Oh I agree! I always feel more comfortable as we head in to the cooler fall weather. Oh wait... that's not the 90s we're talking about. Nevermind.

Seriously though... With all the mega disasters and social and economic upheaval, I'm glad the Cambridges have been afforded the time to just lay back and be themselves and just forge ahead with their own lives. They'll be filling the public eye soon enough.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Oh I agree! I always feel more comfortable as we head in to the cooler fall weather. Oh wait... that's not the 90s we're talking about. Nevermind.

Seriously though... With all the mega disasters and social and economic upheaval, I'm glad the Cambridges have been afforded the time to just lay back and be themselves and just forge ahead with their own lives. They'll be filling the public eye soon enough.
It won't be such a terrible thing to get out of those 90s as well .

On a serious note, I agree with what you've said wholeheartedly. The time they have now is precious, and they're lucky to get this sort of reprieve before the Jubilee and other royal duties that await them in the near future.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I certainly miss news and current sightings of William and Kate, but I'm also glad that they're enjoying this quiet time away from the spotlight before their lives start to get hectic in the public eye. But I wouldn't mind seeing more pictures of Kate shopping at the local Tesco or Waitrose, though!
Old 09-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Yes, I certainly miss news and current sightings of William and Kate, but I'm also glad that they're enjoying this quiet time away from the spotlight before their lives start to get hectic in the public eye. But I wouldn't mind seeing more pictures of Kate shopping at the local Tesco or Waitrose, though!
I think once in a while it's perfectly normal to get a glimpse of Catherine and William doing something 'normal'. I'm going to guess that as the time goes on, we'll be seeing less and less of that, because with the increase in royal duties there's less time to be 'normal'.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I think once in a while it's perfectly normal to get a glimpse of Catherine and William doing something 'normal'. I'm going to guess that as the time goes on, we'll be seeing less and less of that, because with the increase in royal duties there's less time to be 'normal'.
In one respect, I'll be glad to see increased coverage commensurate with their royal duties, but sad to know that their "normal" life will be ending and private moments are few and far in between.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Please note that posts regarding Pippa Middleton have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-31544-19.html .

Thanks!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 10-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

How Kate Middleton's mother Carole conquered the Queen | Mail Online
Old 10-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Aristocracy

Lose or Loose. Two different meanings, surely Prince Frederik knows better English than that.
As for Carole being new best friends with The Queen I find this very amusing.
The people who write for DM are very creative that is for sure.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Aristocracy

You could always delete an o or two. No problem.
But on subject, the story about Carole sounds very far fetched to me. I had my doubts whether she was being welcomed when I saw her in a carriage behind The Queen at the races but then I read later it was a procession of horse owners and as the Middleton's are part owners of a horse they were in this parade and it had nothing to do with the royal connexion although the wave certainly looked as though it had.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love reading the comments under these articles when the DM write anything regarding the Royal Family. They provide endless hours of entertainment. We can not, however, rely on the DM to provide us with legitimate information, as we all know. Their information is not always "on point", for example they mention the Queen inviting the Middletons in one of the carriages at Ascot as a big deal, when I am sure Sophie's family have been to Ascot several times and her father has ridden in many of the carriages, even when Sophie or Edward aren't in them. The same goes with the Ferguson's and other in-laws; the Queen invites them because they are her children's other families, and it is only polite to invite in-laws to gatherings. Christopher Rhys-Jones is at Sandringham for Christmas pretty much every year and I am sure other families have been included in several events. The Queen is a nice woman who is, no doubt, ensuring her grandson's in-laws feel welcome, but I can't see them coming round for Sunday lunch. I don't doubt she likes Catherine, nor do I doubt that she does not like the Middletons, but I do not think Catherine has "conquered the Queen". I imagine she is a hard woman to "conquer", neither Diana or Sarah managed it.

Someone commented on the article that Catherine had been given the Family Order...I believe this is not true?
Old 10-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101
Someone commented on the article that Catherine had been given the Family Order...I believe this is not true?
Awards of the Family Order membership are never announced. The only way to tell is to look at pictures from events where the ladies are required to wear any decorations (such as orders, etc) and tiaras. I don't think they have had a chance yet to attend such events yet. Having said that, although it sounds like the Queen really like the Duchess of Cambridge and will most likely award her membership in her Family Order, I suspect it won't happen until at the VERY EARLIEST the end of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, and more likely in a few years from now. I believe it took the Countess of Wessex quite a few years (5 years) to get the Family Order even though she was apparently one of the Queen's favorite daughter-in-law. I think it took about 2 years for the Duchess of Cornwall to receive the Family Order membership, after her marriage to the Prince of Wales.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, Sophie received hers in 2004, just after the birth of Lady Louise. I imagine it took her a few years to receive it because she did not become a full working Royal until 2002, so technically it took her 2 years to receive it, just like Camilla. Also Sophie caused a bit of a stir in her early years (the "Sophie Tapes" etc.) so perhaps the Queen, although a big fan of Sophie, did not feel it appropriate to give it to her sooner. I do think the Queen will give it to Catherine before the Jubilee celebrations, mainly because every other senior female Royal will be wearing one, therefore when she attends banquets and such, she will look a bit "out of place" for want of a better term. I think it would be better, officially, for the Queen to wait a few years or at least until Catherine becomes a working Royal, just like every other wife had to, but who knows what will happen.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic....the family, wealth and background of the Duchess of Cambridge.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth