The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger View Post
Catherine's Grandfather - WWII flying hero - knocked V1's off course.

Kate Middleton pays tribute to pilot who knocked V1 missiles off course with his plane's wing | Mail Online

That is awesome... I am an amatuer military historian and I did not discover this. He should have been given a huge medal for that.
Great information!What sort of the destiny....so Kate's hero paternal grandfather met Prince Phillip,that's really striking!

Old 05-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Aristocracy

It is odd that these pictures are released now. Who sold the photos to journalists?

Old 05-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrid View Post
It is odd that these pictures are released now. Who sold the photos to journalists?
Some may be never have been published but I saw pictures of William and Kate on the boat years ago, nothing new
Old 05-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Great information!What sort of the destiny....so Kate's hero paternal grandfather met Prince Phillip,that's really striking!
love this article. Funny how "destine" works out.
Sad to know her grandfather died just after the engagement! what a moment would've been , I imagine.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Now this is interesting
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Queen doesn't want to see the back of new pals the Middletons
Old 05-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Commoner

Well now, this is very unsavoury. How distasteful of Vivid. Some people will do anything to get some publicity for their company (and I don't mean the Middletons).
Old 05-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Aristocracy

Wow, that's very cool....I did thought that Prince Charles and Prince William would try to include the Middletons in their own private gatherings but I sure didn't expect the Queen and DoE to include them in their private gatherings. It sounds like the Middletons must have really impressed the Queen and DoE, as well as being encouraged by Prince William.

Very good news indeed.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle View Post
Wow, that's very cool....I did thought that Prince Charles and Prince William would try to include the Middletons in their own private gatherings but I sure didn't expect the Queen and DoE to include them in their private gatherings. It sounds like the Middletons must have really impressed the Queen and DoE, as well as being encouraged by Prince William.

Very good news indeed.
The land is very dry for newspaper sales fodder. I'll believe it when I see an official guest list or photos. We always seem to believe the "nice", but "nice" is far from truth. I will wait and see.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta

The land is very dry for newspaper sales fodder. I'll believe it when I see an official guest list or photos. We always seem to believe the "nice", but "nice" is far from truth. I will wait and see.
Good point. I did have the same thought (I'll believe it when I see it) too, but didn't want to be to cynical.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger View Post
Catherine's Grandfather - WWII flying hero - knocked V1's off course.

Kate Middleton pays tribute to pilot who knocked V1 missiles off course with his plane's wing | Mail Online

That is awesome... I am an amatuer military historian and I did not discover this. He should have been given a huge medal for that.

I liked very much one comment form the readers:
"Amazing, the Mail on Sunday discovers that H.R.H. the Duchess of Cambridge actually has a paternal side of her family."
Old 05-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Commoner

The Middleton's may be taken legal action in the near future over the publication of private photo's.

Middletons complain to PCC over holiday bikini pictures | Life and style | The Guardian
Old 05-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Personal responsibility is where it's at. If you don't want to be photographed topless, don't go topless. Elementary.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Personal responsibility is where it's at. If you don't want to be photographed topless, don't go topless. Elementary.
Especially when you are on the same boat as the future King of England
Old 05-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleineleigh View Post
Well now, this is very unsavoury. How distasteful of Vivid. Some people will do anything to get some publicity for their company (and I don't mean the Middletons).
Im agree with you, this make me sick
Old 05-10-2011, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Not sure where this goes & how accurate the information is

Quote:
Why is Pippa expected to join the US tour?
It seems that Kate Middleton has no official secretary and has asked sister Pippa, 27, to fill in. “'It is a daunting tour for Kate and she wants someone she trusts at her side riding shotgun' confided one family friend." Pippa Middleton on tour - Daily Star
Source

You can read more also here
Old 05-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Not sure where this goes & how accurate the information is

Source

You can read more also here
If this is true, I don't think it's a wise PR decision. Kate needs someone who has experience as a private secretary. There is much more involved than just organizing her itinerary, etc... This is an official tour, and their FIRST official tour as a married couple. Her support system is William, who is now her husband. Aside from him, she needs to surround herself with people that can advise her and help her transition into her new role. This tour is far too important to have any distraction on members of her family.

I think it's time she lets her family go back to their normal lives out of the spotlight of the media. They are not protected as she is, and by including Pippa who is a media focus right now, it won't get any easier for them.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

On the other hand, Kate may feel that she needs her sister by her side whenever she is following her own itinerary on this tour.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Royal Highness

I have to agree with TexanKitCat here. Catherine's first public tour with her husband shouldn't have her sister tagging along. It looks bad, considering Pippa's recent publicity.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
On the other hand, Kate may feel that she needs her sister by her side whenever she is following her own itinerary on this tour.
She might. However she won't have her own itinerary because she isn't making public appearances on her own.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I have to agree with TexanKitCat here. Catherine's first public tour with her husband shouldn't have her sister tagging along. It looks bad, considering Pippa's recent publicity.
I just do not think it has anything to do with any of the recent publicity in relation to Pippa. I think at this stage of her royal career, Catherine probably needs a lady-in-waiting who knows the ropes and is familiar with the royal way of life. Probably somebody from William's office or from CH might be able to help with that.

IMO, once Catherine is established as a working royal and if she so chooses, Pippa could become a lady-in-waiting.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth