The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Maybe I am not getting it...whats wrong with selling British themed items. They are British aren't they? Than there would be an outcry if they didn't sell British items but sold...American...Spanish...German.

In regards to the Royal Scratch cards. This is the info on them:

The Britannia Scratch Trivia card costs 3.99 for a pack of ten. It is designed to be played by adults, allowing them to test their knowledge not just of British history and celebrities, but also the Royal Family. "Scratch away one crown to reveal the correct answer and impress your guests with your British knowledge," says the advertisement on the firm's website.

One question is: "What is the Royal Standard of England. A. Boat, B. Book, C. Flag"
There are three questions on each card. On the back of the card there is a humorous instruction, which is likely to raise eyebrows at Buckingham Palace.
It says: "Got three answers correct? Queen of England. Got two answers correct? Close to the throne. Got one correct? The Queen's corgi. Got none correct? To the Tower. Off with your head."

Even if the funds aren't going to charity...I don't consider these cards to be offensive.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Royal Highness

Royal Wedding 2011: Britain loves Kate Middleton but will the Royals? | Mail Online

I thought this goes here because of Catherine's background.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Serene Highness

I can certainly understand that there would be enough differences in family culture that the two families aren't going to be bosom buddies. It really doesn't take much for that to happen.

Most young couples today do not try to unite their two families for all the holidays and so on. It will be interesting to see how the two families are with the grandchildren. I expect that Will and Kate will allow their children to participate in school events, plays and sporting events much as Kate did, growing up. Will both sets of grandparents arrive at this events? How many will they attend? My parents attended nearly all of my daughters' soccer games - but that's because we purposely chose to live closer to them than to my then-husband's parents.

It won't be that different for the young Royal Family, in terms of where they eventually settle. Charles and Camilla have a busy schedule - but the Middletons have to make a living.

I'm curious as to Kate's grandparents - are any still living? How involved were they with her, as she grew up? (Don't they live fairly far away from where the Middletons raised their family?)
Old 04-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I have a feeling William will go out of his way to make sure that Kate's parents are as much a part of their lives as possible, and treated well. Their in-laws are Charles and Camilla, and they are the ones who matter, and I don't think the Middletons' lifestyle now is so different from the lifestyle Camilla had before she married Charles that there is no common ground.

Camilla certainly knows what it is like to be shunned by the Royals, and she is known to be a warm, friendly woman who loves children, and I suspect they get on well and will continue to do so. Charles will be their grandchildren's other grandfather, and if they all have their priorities right, they will do just fine. They don't have to mix together often, anyway, and the Middletons don't have to mix with the extended RF at all if they don't get on.

As William moves up the line, his influence will increase and so will their daughter's, and the opinions of the other Royals will matter less. I don't really think it matters what the other Royals think of the Middletons.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

First the dressmaker, now the milliner: Carole Middleton axes hatmaker a week before the wedding | Mail Online

It has become almost more interesting what Carole Middleton will wear rather than her daughter Kate
Old 04-25-2011, 03:06 AM
Serene Highness

Yes, but what seems to be most of interest is how Carole Middleton alledgedly treats these people. In this case, reading this piece carefully it is never said that Carole Middleton is the one who actually commissioned the hat. It almost sounds like this person made one to go with the dress and once the dress was not acceptable neither was the hat and she is complaining about it. I'm struck by how some people are still attempting to make CM look bad. I think the tabs realize that they can't do that to Kate so they go after her Mother ... after all, SHE is the one with the "working class/laborer" background. It's really pitiful how some of these people will not give up on that issue.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Gentry

Ennobling Of Catherine's family

Does anyone think the Middleton's will be enobled?
Old 04-26-2011, 02:56 AM
Nobility

Nope. Not a chance.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:27 AM
Heir Apparent

It's very unlikley. There's just no reason to enoble Catherine's family.

They will forever (pressumably) now be a very well connected family within society but society invites would be the only thing Catherine's family will now gain from the union. That and a good deal of continued business success I'd imagine.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-26-2011, 04:44 AM
Serene Highness

Why should they? The families of Sarah Fergusan and Sophie Rhys-Jones weren't ennobled. And they are direct in-laws of the Queen herself.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:25 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think it would happen unless one of them performs a great service for the country. Even then, it would probably be a life peerage and unrelated to Catherine's marriage.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
First the dressmaker, now the milliner: Carole Middleton axes hatmaker a week before the wedding | Mail Online

It has become almost more interesting what Carole Middleton will wear rather than her daughter Kate

Wouldn't Carole have to pay for these clothes, whether or not she actually wore them to the wedding?
The designer must have some sort of contract, right?

(I read quite early on the Bruce Oldfield would be dressing Carole Middleton. Unless that is an error?)
Old 04-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Wouldn't Carole have to pay for these clothes, whether or not she actually wore them to the wedding?
The designer must have some sort of contract, right?

(I read quite early on the Bruce Oldfield would be dressing Carole Middleton. Unless that is an error?)
I think Bruce was mentioned because she was spotted at his shop but I don't think it has been confirmed as another designer had mentioned she was commissioned but not anymore.

Could this be the stress of the wedding maybe?! Mother of the bride symptoms
Old 04-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Either way she has a right to change her mind.

I would assume that she is paying for the dress and the hat (she wouldn't and doesn't need the freebee publicity). And if they get money for providing a service what is the big deal?

Although I wonder who felt the need to sell the story? A so called family friend? If its a so called friend they need to drop them. An employee of the designers? Don't designers of this caliber rely on discretion?

Old 04-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

I would assume that she is paying for the dress and the hat (she wouldn't and doesn't need the freebee publicity). And if they get money for providing a service what is the big deal?

Although I wonder who felt the need to sell the story? A so called family friend? If its a so called friend they need to drop them. An employee of the designers? Don't designers of this caliber rely on discretion?

They quote the milliner, so she must have given the press the story, imo.

But as for the freebie, I read where some designer offered to dress Chelsy Davy for free and gave her three outfits.

And Kate herself is often offered clothing she's selected from the shops, but to date she insists on paying. Good for her!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ont-Pippa.html

In one picture isn't Pippa wearing same jacket Kate wore to lunch with Camilla ?

Note- my posting article does not mean I agree with it's contents
Old 04-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Royal Highness

Philippa Middleton must be a very well-mannered young lady indeed judging by the way the Duke of Edinburgh, who is known to be a stickler for propriety when it comes to his official position, interacted with her at the balcony. So she surely has exactly the right mixture between being a funny companion and a respectful subject to HM's consort.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:07 AM
Commoner

I see that Kate's father was granted a coat of arms so that she could have one that combines "hers" with her husband's. (Of course this was unnecessary for Diana, because her aristocratic family already had a coat of arms.) Do Kate's sister and brother get to inherit this as well and will her brother's descendants (if any) have that coat of arms forever, or is it a temporary grant, like a "life peerage?"
Old 05-01-2011, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Pippa Middleton’s party role and what’s next for her
Read here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Sometimes people like to make money out of it and some can take it as Kate's mother is becoming a diva & snobby, I guess its a start of making people look bad or different. It's sad but it does happen.
I really don't mind if one changes their mind last minute, maybe the sketch was not what the making looked like or didn't fit well, who knows the other side of the story.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Michael Middleton trades Rolls Royce for lawnmower after Royal Wedding | Mail Online

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth