The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like her outfit!! she looks pretty

I think that he looks so much like their dad

Pippa looks like she is dressed in a very conservative way. Wonder if that's because she is still attempting to keep a low profile?

While I like the outfit, she must have been sweltering in that heat. I agree with Mirabel that she might be dressing in a conservative manner to keep under the radar since the gun incident in Paris.

Perhaps she is just picking up some things she left there?

But if they have reconciled, we will know soon enough; I don't think the press have lost interest in Pippa.

I really can't believe what I read in the papers anymore, unless there's a photo of the couple in a lip-lock!

Well if it is true I hope she starts to look into settling down. She isnt getting any younger. Enough of the wild parties and negative antics. If she really loves the guy then she should make an effort to make it work.

That article was so back and forth on Mrs. Middleton I wanted to :bang: You get one potential compliment, then two slaps in the face! And some of the gossip is just ridiculous. I highly doubt that they would accept help from William to pay for their new home. I'm sure business has been good enough for them to afford that property on their own. And I don't see how making royal paraphernalia is "cashing in on royal connections." They're a party supply company...in England...and have been for years. It would be strange if they didn't make such things. It's not like they put Kate's or William's signatures on anything. Or got some special exclusive photo or permission to use a special motif. Consumers have the option of selecting celebratory merchandise from any company--if it makes the fan feel special knowing it came from Kate's family's company...well then I'd say that's on the consumer, not the Middletons (who are just meeting market demand, and happen to have a connection to the Royal Family).

Lest we forget, the DM just had to remind us yet again that Carole Middleton is "a former British Airways stewardess." Thanks for the reminder!:glare:

Last edited:
I think the idea that it is for W & C's security detail is plausible. Know that it is a place the they will undoubtably, and the future 3rd in line to the thrown will be spending time with their grandparents, it is possible that HM feels that it is an expense that the Middletons should not have to incur. That could also be the reason for the quick zoning approvals.

The DM can be so nasty sometimes when it comes to Carole Middleton.

I think the idea that it is for W & C's security detail is plausible. Know that it is a place the they will undoubtably, and the future 3rd in line to the thrown will be spending time with their grandparents, it is possible that HM feels that it is an expense that the Middletons should not have to incur. That could also be the reason for the quick zoning approvals.

If I have followed the articles correctly, the possible new, more secluded, manse already had approvals which the previous owners had obtained, so I doubt there was any 'royal influence' in that case. As for the approval of plans for the expansion of their current residence, I don't recall reading that they were in any way hurried - but I might have missed that. I'm curious as to whether they will keep both places or sell the old place, if indeed they have purchased the new place. With a co. worth 30 million I expect they can afford to purchase their new place w/out assistance as well as do additions, they did buy the million plus London apartment all cash quite a while ago and their expenses have decreased w/ all children now done with schooling, I expect.

The Daily Mail's reputation for a kind of inverted snobbery is legendary. If you notice in their articles they have a habit of mentioning the value of the home of whomever they happen to be writing about. It's often totally out of place, but it happens all the time. Their article might be something completely unrelated like, 'A middle-aged couple from Gloucestershire were outraged last night after their local council refused to empty their bins because they're too full. The couple, who live in a 1.4 acre, £400,000 detached property outside Cirencester, have accused the council of discrimination against people who like putting rubbish in their bins'.

They're obsessed with anyone who becomes wealthy, not having been wealthy before, and giving us details about their lifestyles. Then they turn on them and try and tear them down. Although, in fairness, that's a condition that's rife at every British newspaper, not just the DM.

I did read that article before it was posted here and thought it utterly mean-spirited, jealous and flying in the face of the spirit of entrepreneurship and living what we call "the American dream" here. I applaud what the Middleton family has done and those who pettily gripe about it only wish they can do what they've achieved. As HRHHermione stated so aptly, living well is the best revenge!

Last edited:
Amanda Platell is a has-been, whose political career went nowhere, and makes her living now from being as unpleasant as possible in the Daily Mail. As an example of this, just after Charles had been a good sport and agreed to present the weather forecast on BBC Scotland, Ms Platell was not pleased. The rest of us thought it was funny and showed Charles not only has a sense of humour, but is willing to poke fun at himself. Ms Platell did not agree:

Just days after the Queen’s Speech, and with her Jubilee celebrations fast approaching, was this how our future King wished to present himself to the world: like an extra from the Goon Show? I can’t be alone in thinking it was all a little demeaning.

Earlier this year, Charles declined to take part in Andrew Marr’s BBC documentary The Diamond Queen, celebrating his mother’s Jubilee year. Princess Anne, Princes William, Harry, Andrew and Edward were among the contributors. But Charles said he wanted to ‘keep his powder dry’ for the Jubilee — to mark the occasion in his own way.

The result? Instead of taking to the airwaves to praise his mother’s 60 years of selfless service, we had this comedy weather routine instead.

It was uncomfortably reminiscent of the ill-fated It’s A Knockout programme that made an unintentional laughing stock of the monarchy. Charles should have known better.

When we see an 86-year-old Queen Elizabeth performing her duties and are forced to contemplate life without her on the throne, this is a time for Charles to show he’s got what it takes to be a monarch the nation can respect and be proud of.

His recent silly interventions — encouraging the country to make do and mend by turning their curtains into cushions — hardly inspire confidence that he understands how to connect with the public.

I forecast trouble for Prince Charles the royal Goon | Mail Online

Has Ms Platell apologised to Charles since we all saw his incredibly touching personal tribute to his mother broadcast just before the Jubilee? Of course not.

I thought Charles' appearance just demonstrated his down-to-earth, relaxed style and revealed his sense of humor that was such a surprise and pleasure to see. A far cry from the "It's a Royal Knockout" debacle. Ms. Platell seems to have more airs than the Queen herself would have.

Last edited:
I did read that article before it was posted here and thought it utterly mean-spirited, jealous and flying in the face of the spirit of entrepreneurship and living what we call "the American dream" here. I applaud what the Middleton family has done and those who pettily gripe about it only wish they can do what they've achieved. As HRHHermione stated so aptly, living well is the best revenge!

I agree!
I am often surprised by the level of hostility directed against the Middletons; some question why they should be part of the flotilla, sit in the Royal Box, ride in carriages with the RF?

Because they were invited!

Yet that seems to enrage the detractors even more- that the RF not only is prepared to tolerate the presence of the Middletons at these events, but actually seems to enjoy their company!
How dare they? :lol:

Yet that seems to enrage the detractors even more- that the RF not only is prepared to tolerate the presence of the Middletons at these events, but actually seems to enjoy their company!
How dare they? :lol:

:lol: I agree, what amuses me that for the Women's final today in the royal box we see only one royal surrounded by comedians and fashion editors. If Michael McIntyre, Miranda Hart and Anna Wintour can enter the royal box, then what's wrong with the sister of the future Queen sitting there? It's absurd.

:lol: I agree, what amuses me that for the Women's final today in the royal box we see only one royal surrounded by comedians and fashion editors. If Michael McIntyre, Miranda Hart and Anna Wintour can enter the royal box, then what's wrong with the sister of the future Queen sitting there? It's absurd.

You're so right. we all know that the Royal family is perfectly able to ignore people they don't like when it comes to such invitations - no one has a right to it. But the Middletons get invitations, accept, come, are well-behaved and are often seen to share funny moments with the Royals. I say: good for the Royal family to have acquired new acquaintances who they can trust and who they can like. If the Duke of Edinburgh enjoys to crack jokes for Carole and Pippa's entertainment - so let him have this fun.

Certain of the population see the Middletons as getting "above their station" and I suppose believe they should still be tugging their forelocks in the presence of the aristocracy and royalty, let along mingle among them. Guess it's time to wake up and smell the coffee brewing in the 21st century!! (to paraphrase that saying)

It's simple jealousy. In principle, most British people have no problem with people doing well for themselves, making money and enjoying the profile that goes with it. In reality, there are people who feel that if they're not wealthy, not getting to sit in the Royal Box, not riding in a carriage at Ascot, then no-one should.

I would point out, though, that Platell is Australian ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom