The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-03-2011, 04:55 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Kate Middleton quit her first public school Downe House because she was 'bullied' | Mail Online

When Kate Middleton asked her wedding guests to donate to an anti-bullying charity, the message seemed clear.

Here, finally, was the future Queen’s tacit admission that she herself had once been a victim, after former classmates claimed she suffered at the hands of cruel bullies as a teenager.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
Kate Middleton quit her first public school Downe House because she was 'bullied' | Mail Online

When Kate Middleton asked her wedding guests to donate to an anti-bullying charity, the message seemed clear.

Here, finally, was the future Queen’s tacit admission that she herself had once been a victim, after former classmates claimed she suffered at the hands of cruel bullies as a teenager.
I think through this bad experience Kate's personality strenghtened.However,it's good that she had a possibility to quit the school.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Serene Highness

Catherine herself never said she was bullied at this school, we have reports only from one of her so called friend, Jessica Hay, [whom to this day didn't said if she was invited to the wedding], therefore I'd be more cautious.
Once she starts to do engagements, and since she chose among those wedding-gifts-charity a bullying related one , I can see her address in a speech her personal experience with it.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Catherine herself never said she was bullied at this school, we have reports only from one of her so called friend, Jessica Hay, [whom to this day didn't said if she was invited to the wedding], therefore I'd be more cautious.
Once she starts to do engagements, and since she chose among those wedding-gifts-charity a bullying related one , I can see her address in a speech her personal experience with it.
I will also wait until Kate confirms the story. I will be similarly cautious about Miss Hay. She is not a friend. Does anyone else have a friend like this?

Miss Hay, who has quit work at a law firm to concentrate on selling her story, claimed she had been misquoted in a News Of The World story previewing the book, called Kate, which is due to be published by best-selling author Sean Smith on May 2.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:10 AM
Majesty

I support the Thirty-Hour Famine. It doesn't mean that I've ever been starving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post

Old 04-06-2011, 04:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Carole Middleton, mother of the bride, and Pippa shop in matching outfits | Mail Online
Old 04-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

God, Carole looks ridiculous. She dresses like her daughters and may well have the body for it, but certainly not the face. She looks much, much older than her age and the short skirt and biker boots are not the best choice.

There is a saying that when yeu got married you should take a look at the mother and you know how your wife will look one day. In Kate's case I believe that is true. She will have a great body but from her face she already looks much older now, nothing like under 30.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
God, Carole looks ridiculous. She dresses like her daughters and may well have the body for it, but certainly not the face. She looks much, much older than her age and the short skirt and biker boots are not the best choice.

There is a saying that when yeu got married you should take a look at the mother and you know how your wife will look one day. In Kate's case I believe that is true. She will have a great body but from her face she already looks much older now, nothing like under 30.
From what it looks like to me, Carole isn't wearing any makeup at all. I think if she was really trying to pass as her daughter's age, she'd be very heavily made up also. The outfits and boots look comfortable for a day of trekking through the shops. I'm around Carole's age and I'd most definitely wear that outfit and not think twice about it.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
From what it looks like to me, Carole isn't wearing any makeup at all. I think if she was really trying to pass as her daughter's age, she'd be very heavily made up also. The outfits and boots look comfortable for a day of trekking through the shops. I'm around Carole's age and I'd most definitely wear that outfit and not think twice about it.
I agree, there really does not appear to be anything wrong (IMO) in the way Carole is dressed. She is clearly tired, devoid of make-up. You could query the boots, but I think the rest is just fine.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Wasn't Carole a smoker? that really ages the skin, just look at Caroline of Hanover.

However, lighting is everything after a certain age.
I'm a year younger than Carole and hope I don't look like that, but if someone snapped me on the street in broad daylight...I shudder to imagine....
Old 04-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I think she looks OK. Mrs. M. has a great figure, but if she buys off the rack, she won't be able to find a more suitable skirt length. It's today's fashion.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Serene Highness

When DM posted this, certainly they hope to achieve some of the same comments posted here. So very clear! We can always count with some members to share there opinion in the most delightful way

if Pippa wasn't at her mother'side I doubt they would've even posted this article. What a great occasion to question her fashion choices. how dare she appears with no make up, outrageous!!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Carole Middleton looks what she is...a woman in her middle aged years. She is criticized for aging and would be criticized if she decided to fight it with Botox or plastic surgery.

I don't like the boots but that is just me. Its not like she is wearing a mini skirt. Oh the Daily Mail......

Old 04-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Nobility

IMHO, and not just in this photo, Mrs. Middleton often dresses like her considerably younger daughters. I hope that, for the wedding, she will select a beautifully cut dress that is tastefully fashion forward and that does justice to her fabulous figure. That should keep the otherwise inevitable sniping at bay. Helen Mirren is a fine example of someone who dresses in a tastefully appropriate fashion yet is highly fashionable.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate and Pippa Middleton's mother Carole can't win when she dresses like her daughter | Mail Online

I find Carole's fashion choices questionable, I especially hated the sloppy look with the skinny jeans when facing the press after the engagement announcement.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

From news aggregator Matt Drudge (USA):

Kate Middleton's family complain of media harassment
Old 04-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Serene Highness

She's outside her home in the countryside! I don't see nothing inappropriately there! she's wearing jeans and a tailor jacket! God forbit!

She should have worn a fur coat with some diamonds, at least some would actually have a real argument.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
From news aggregator Matt Drudge (USA):

Kate Middleton's family complain of media harassment
I read that on twitter and was wondering if it was official so tnks for the link!
They deserve the right for privacy, even if in the real world we know that will change after the wedding. The complain doesn't seem so serious, just a warning, let's see if paparazzi will accept it.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
She's outside her home in the countryside! I don't see nothing inappropriately there! she's wearing jeans and a tailor jacket! God forbit!
IIRC the engagement announcement came just hours before the interview of the couple was arranged. Most of the family were about their normal workday business. Sophie I believe was caught by reporters going to an engagement as was Charles. I hardly think that Carole would be dressed for high tea while working at Party Pieces. Good grief it was something like 6am my time when it was announced and I was still in my jammies. Good thing the press didn't know where to find me eh?
Old 04-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I hardly think that Carole would be dressed for high tea while working at Party Pieces. Good grief it was something like 6am my time when it was announced and I was still in my jammies. Good thing the press didn't know where to find me eh?
its not that the middleton family didnt know what was about to come, unlike the rest of the world. michael managed to look correct, but he is one of the few family members who doesnt love any attention and therefore doesnt get it.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth