The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton's socially mobile family refuse to be kept down | Mail Online

Quote:
Kate Middleton makes an unlikely symbol of ­social ­mobility.

Born to millionaire parents, sent to a ­private school charging ­almost £30,000 a year and educated at Scotland’s most prestigious ­university, Prince William’s fiancée has wanted for little during her charmed time on earth.
And yet, despite the expensive clothes and rich friends, Kate’s background tells a ­compelling story about the growth of social mobility over the past century

Old 11-23-2010, 04:29 AM
Courtier

for the life of me, i just cant understand how the Middleton's made so much money selling part paraphernalia! is this really such a booming business in England? Apparently their website has 150,000 visits a day! wow, thats a lot!

Old 11-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Heir Apparent

cd_1 it also helps when your daughter is dating the future king. I'm sure that's helped their business quite a bit whether it's the customers or vendors.

Could you survive on prawns and cottage cheese? The secret to Mrs Middleton's stunningly slim figure | Mail Online
Old 11-26-2010, 05:53 AM
Courtier

yes, but even before that, they managed to put three children through private schools! I did read an article somewhere that stated that Mr Middleton's grandfather left an equivalent of 33 million pounds in his will, and the Middletons, of course received some part of that, and it is that money which funds their extravagant lifestyle. what kind of cars do they have? A Range Rover, a Audi...and?
Old 11-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Nothing wrong with spending a lot of money on your children's education. Kate owns the Audi before that she had a Volkswagon and the Range Rover belongs to her parents. And if the Middleton's inherited some money I'm sure they were wise enough to put it in an investment, savings funds and depending on how much money they really have they might have put some money in hedge funds too.

I wouldn't call them extravagant. To me extravagant means whisking off in a private jet, spending thousands of dollars/Euros per day on shopping trips and so on. But it is the Middleton's money - and they should be allowed to spend however they like.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Serene Highness

4Pam, I totally agree with your
Old 11-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Courtier

of course 4pam i never said it is anyone else's money. I just wanted to know the source of their income, and since i found out some extra information about their income, i thought i would put that information here to share with everyone:)
I guess 'extravagant' was an extreme term for me to use, but it is a good lifestyle, anyway:)
Old 11-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Courtier

Perhaps today´s article in DM sheds a little light on this subject.

How Kate's parents are making the most of their Party Pieces: Middletons sell customers' personal information for up to £20,000 a time | Mail Online
Old 11-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Royal Highness

Kate Middleton takes care of her guards - National Royal News | Examiner.com

The Middleton's take care of Catherine's body guards.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would like to know more on Kate's brother and sister.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Phillipa Charlotte graduated from The University of Edinburgh and James William makes cakes. That is all I know.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:50 AM
Courtier

It seems Kate has some nice friends. Does "swingers´club mean what I take it to mean?"

Kate Middleton's friend cautioned by police after 'joke' about shooting illegal immigrants | Mail Online
Old 12-31-2010, 08:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
It seems Kate has some nice friends. Does "swingers´club mean what I take it to mean?"

Kate Middleton's friend cautioned by police after 'joke' about shooting illegal immigrants | Mail Online
Well,I'll not criticize Kate on this matter,as many of our friends or relatives could bring unpleasant surprises that we never expected from them
Old 12-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

"It gets extremely cold and below freezing most nights. To help take care of the guards, Kate installed a kettle in her garage along with a small fridge that has milk in it. She also put out a variety of tea, coffee, and hot chocolate for them to choose from."

And we are to praise her for this? I should hope she would give them all these things and a heater, too. Hell, I'd even give them a few packets of bikkies.

Slow news day, perhaps.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think everyone is trying to make Kate look wonderful, when really she's doing nothing special.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:08 PM
Courtier

Cool

You're both right...it's a slow news day and the press are trying to hype Kate up. I read that story maybe 3 weeks ago.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:14 PM
Serene Highness

and there are a lot of people out there that are trying to make her look awful also.

Media will place her on the sky one day, so that latter they can knocked her down.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:15 PM
Aristocracy

To be fair I think all that's happened is Kate met a guy who happens to be a future King. Kind of right time, right place & all that, I don't think there's anything particularly "special" about her but then I consider that a good thing as quite frankly "normal" & "average" is good if you ask me. I'm not saying she's some saviour of the average person or something like that, everyone has good things about them & bad things, it just happens that she met a guy who has this huge public role & so has to adjust to all that entails.

William could do a lot worse, maybe some consider her dull, some consider her to be some modern saint of middleclassdom come to bring some down-to-earth values to the upperclass, some consider her & her family to be vulgar social-climbers. Personally I just see her as someone who seems nice enough, doesn't offend me in anyway & I'm willing to wait & see what she does once she actually gets in her official role as William's wife/part of the Royal Family. I don't think she's whiter than white but then I don't think she's pure evil either, she's just lucky (or unlucky depending on your view) to have met & got engaged to a Future King, that doesn't suddenly make everything about her special, nor does it mean she's done everything in her life wrong. She's just who she is, and to me she seems like quite a lot of the people I know & went to school with...then again I am like a stereotype of middleclass-ness so maybe that's why!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
and there are a lot of people out there that are trying to make her look awful also.

Media will place her on the sky one day, so that latter they can knocked her down.
That's exactly what will happen. It's what usually happens with public figures.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Serene Highness

Give her some space, I would say. [Sarcastic mode] To some people it would seem that she suffers from tall poppy syndrome and we can't let that happen, can we? [/End of sarcastic mode].

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth