The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
This is a great point bertie ...not that I wish ill health or bad to Prince Charles but if there wa another way besides death ... I would love to see William as a young King ...

As neither the Queen or Charles will abdicate William will be an oldish man when he becomes King. Unless there is a terrorist attack, or an unhealthy monarch, I don't see young people becoming monarchs in the foreseeable future. I wouldn't like to see William as King while he has young children as he would miss out so much of being a Dad and his wife so much of being a Mum. I am sure the present Queen would have preferred to have another 20 or so years as a wife and mother before becoming Queen.

Old 10-23-2010, 03:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaristocratx View Post
it seems likely that the UK and the commonwealth will completely sever ties with the British monarchy in the near future. I hope that doesn't happen, but it is a modern world now, and I don't see Prince Charles as the great modern savior of the monarchy

Well, Kate's mother does go to events where there is media. To date a royal person is to be and have your family in the spotlight. Any person in relation to someone famous unfortunately loses anonymity. But I don't agree with harassing anyone's family as the media does. I think people on a forum who want to talk about or criticize the middleton family are harmless.
It's not at all likely that the UK or the Commonwealth with completely sever ties with the monarchy. There is no great republican movement in the UK, no great support for the abolition of the monarchy. The Commonwealth itself consists of countries that are republics and those who have their own monarchies (such as Lesotho) as well as those who are Constitutional monarchies with the British monarch as their head. Even if and it's a bit IF those countries become republics, they can still remain members of the Commonwealth. (St Vincent and the Grenadines had a referendum this year on becoming a republic, the no vote won and they remain with the British monarch as their Head of State) The Commonwealth is expanding with more countries joining, the last 2 Mozambique and Rwanda have no historic ties with the UK or a British monarch.

Charles doesn't need to be the 'saviour of the monarchy' because it doesn't need saving! It's perfectly fine!

Mrs Middleton is anything but a socialite, being a regular Hello reader I can tell you that she's been photographed at events at the rate of one a year! That's hardly the rate of someone who is courting the media. The Middletons are a private family and as such they are entitled to the same privacy protection that any private citizen of the UK has, having a daughter with a high profile boyfriend is not an excuse for anyone to violate that privacy. Forums exist for people to discuss topics they are interested in, whether or not they are there for people to criticise total strangers is who have a remote connection to royals, is debatable.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
it seems likely that the UK and the commonwealth will completely sever ties with the British monarchy in the near future. I hope that doesn't happen, but it is a modern world now, and I don't see Prince Charles as the great modern savior of the monarchy
Australia and New Zealand, may sever ties but I think everywhere else is perfectly fine.
Why does he have to be the saviour? What's is there he has to save?

Quote:
Well, Kate's mother does go to events where there is media. To date a royal person is to be and have your family in the spotlight. Any person in relation to someone famous unfortunately loses anonymity. But I don't agree with harassing anyone's family as the media does. I think people on a forum who want to talk about or criticize the middleton family are harmless.
The only events I have seen Kate's mother at, are where Kate has been such as William's passing out ceremony. I don't think she has ever been in the media on her own.
The people know who they are, they know their past thanks to Wikipedia but that is it, the facts and nothing personal. Kate nor her family have never given an "exclusive" interview revealing every detail of their personal life.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Administrator

This thread is all over the place except where it should be....the Middleton's.

As there are plenty of threads to discuss the future of the Commonwealth, William's reign, the role of Charles, etc future posts will be deleted without notice.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 10-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Courtier

I wonder if the reason that Carole Middleton isn´t in Hello, except when she is with her daughter, is that Hello has realised that most people are not in the least interested in her and as many of the interviews are paid for , I doubt they would pay for an interview with someone who would not attract readers.
The last time I saw (of course she could have appeared many times and I missed it) the sister was when she was at some fashion show and the people in charge of seating wanted the two Royal Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice to move up for her and they refused. I don´t think that came from Hello, as they are noted for just saying nice things.
As to not knowing anything personal about Kate or her family, we have seen the house they had before they became wealthy, we have heard bout the brother´s cake business, we have seen him at some "do" in a very strange get up, we have heard an interview with Kate´s Uncle, we have seen photos of Kate when she first met Prince William when she was modelling some underwear or such and there was an interview when Carole Middleton said that a marriage was not very likely.
Actually it is really more or less recently that we have stopped hearing about them and they are keeping a low profile. Perhaps they have taken some good advice.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

I haven't read that she doesn't like Anglessey. Could you post a link please?
Old 10-30-2010, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Blogs | Richard Palmer | Royal blog: Prince William and Kate Middleton's new life in the Welsh countryside | Exclusive opinion, news and views from Daily and Sunday Express's top writers

From the Daily Post, North Wales:
Daily Post North Wales - News - North Wales News - Prince William and Kate Middleton go shopping in Blaenau Ffestiniog

Kate is - rightly or wrongly - seen as a partygirl, but I look forward to seeing more outings of W & K not just on the island, but perhaps along the North Wales coast.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

There is nothing in these articles that says that she doesn't like Anglessey - the first one, from April, speculates about what she will do when William is on the base pointing out that she likes doing outdoorsy things and all the outdoors stuff she can do. The only possible comment that could be interpreted that she doesn't like it there is :
Quote:
Some people think she will hate being away from her family and circle of friends in the south of England but it may be that service life in a remote part of the country away from the media spotlight may well suit her and William.
which is pure speculation and also counters the first point with the idea that she might enjoy being away from the press there.

The second article is the one about them going shopping with nothing about her not liking it there.

If these are the articles they say she doesn't like it there then I don't get it - one predates her move and speculates and the other refers to one normal outing to the shops.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton: Style secrets of a princess-in-waiting - hellomagazine.com (10/11/2010).
Old 11-18-2010, 04:43 AM
Moderator Emeritus

For Kate Middleton's mother Carole being royal in-law will be no laughing matter | Mail Online

Any mother will understand why that smile on Carole Middleton’s face was so wide yesterday. Who on earth expects their daughter to become a Queen?

Despite all the history of Kate and William, it must still be a strange and wondrous feeling for such an ordinary family who make their living selling party paraphernalia on the internet.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Courtier

can i ask how much it is speculated the Middleton's are worth? 10 million pounds? 5 million pounds?
Old 11-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Selling "party paraphernalia" is a business like any other.
Would people have preferred them to be selling black pudding?

The business name is "Party Pieces" which is quite dignified IMO.

Kate's sister has graduated from Edinburgh University.

Viscount Linley happens to be selling furniture.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Think of the guy who developed Post it notes...I think he is a lot better off now than when he started.

The Middleton's do a legit business making a decent living to send the Middleton kids to good schools. They should, however, get used to the increased profile and negative reporting. They would be wise to live somewhat low key as Sophie's family. I realize its an apples and oranges comparison as Sophie's parents were fairly old and Carole and Mike are middle aged. Plus....Pipps and James can't compare to Sophie's brother Christopher. Who appears to be nice, but likes living out of the shadow. I do love to see Sophie's dad in the Queens carriage at Ascot.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Gentry

I'm afraid the middletons will always get some unjustified snobbish abuse about their class from the media/upper English. But as William said, he certainly waited long enough for them to back out.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

I don´t want to know what the Upperclass people do in their free time, see Carl Gustav.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 11-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

From thisismoney.co.uk- 17 November 2010

How wealthy is Kate Middleton's family?

The prince to marry the pauper? Well, not quite. Although a commoner, Kate Middleton's finances - or at least those of her family - are what many a middle-class Brit would aspire to.

Parents Carole and Michael have built up a comfortable cash pile from a successful online party business, Party Pieces - established in 1987.
It is a mail order business that aims to help parents create 'magical' parties for their children at home. Party Pieces is run from a call centre, with eight staff, out of a barn near Reading in Berkshire. It also has a website which attracts around 150,000 potential customers a month.

Although profit and loss accounts are not published because it is a partnership rather than a limited company, the income has contributed to a lifestyle that includes a £1m house in leafy Berkshire and putting their three children, Kate, Pippa and James, through some of the most expensive private schools, which for Kate alone would have cost an estimated £250,000.They also bought her a flat in Chelsea now worth between £750,000 and £1m.

Read more: How wealthy is Kate Middleton and her mum and dad? | This is Money

Old 11-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Courtier

I don't know about the info in this article but I have never seen the photos before;

Kate Middleton, the sixth-former saving herself for Prince Charming | Mail Online
Old 11-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Administrator

The Daily mail must have at least 5 or 6 reporters coombing thru every yearbook, trash can, facebook page to find an unpublished photo of Kate Middleton and trying to make a story out of a non story.

Goodness, knows I am excited about this wedding but I am not sure if I can go thru five to six months of this.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I don't know about the info in this article but I have never seen the photos before;

Kate Middleton, the sixth-former saving herself for Prince Charming | Mail Online
I like the first picture on the couch. That is so cute. Kind of gives us an insight on what Kate is like in private and when she was young.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Commoner

Ok, I've been hearing a lot of rumors but all of them seem to say the same thing. That Kate Middleton's mother basically pushed her to go to St. Andrews and hang out in all the elite places to try and ensnare Prince William. Crazy yes, but implausible no. When it was announced that Prince William was attending that school there was an influx of female applicants........I get the impression that Prince William is no fool and he knows when he's being used or not but still. I was just curious if there is any truth to the rumors

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth