The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, Pippa definately Graduated from Edinburgh University.

Quote:
Pippa Middleton-
She is the middle Middleton...it is said, more outgoing and "sparkly" than her demure sister.

She is also a graduate of Edinburgh University,....
The other Middleton girl - The Scotsman

As Kate re-emerges more tanned and confident, a new Middleton girl takes a bow | Mail Online
I recall the press slightly covering her and her parents on her gradutation day.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Aristocracy

Kate's family imo are middleclass to uppermiddleclass, they seem to do quite well ,but she's definately not what I would call an heiress.
Quote:
the Middleton family business, running a mail-order children’s party toys company, leaves them somewhat removed from the House of Windsor.
So who should William woo? - The Scotsman

Old 05-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was wondering about that. I know Chelsy's an heiress, but I wasn't sure how wealthy Kate was.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Administrator

An "heiress" generally means the only child (unless the father is a billionaire as is the case with the three Miller sisters).
Kate Middleton has a brother and sister, Chelsy Davy has a brother.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:57 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
An "heiress" generally means the only child (unless the father is a billionaire as is the case with the three Miller sisters).
Kate Middleton has a brother and sister, Chelsy Davy has a brother.
In my opinion, what you say of the usage of the word heiress is more true of the old days. I think it's appropriate to use it for any woman who inherits a fortune that sets her up for life. For instance, Patty Hearst and Paris Hilton are always referred to as heiresses, even though they have siblings.

I don't think Kate's exactly an heiress, even though we don't know since her parents haven't publicly broadcasted their finances. It looks like they have a large income and some nice real estate, but my guess is Kate will have to earn or marry money if she wants to live the way her parents do.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Aristocracy

Hey -- anyone know where Kate Middleton hangs out because I could have sworn I just saw her having lunch at a pub -- hiding in the corner behind her friends. It was in Kensington -- the pub on St Albans Grove.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

How would we know where she hangs out may I ask?
Pub Lunch I imagine if it was her.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Meg View Post
Hey -- anyone know where Kate Middleton hangs out because I could have sworn I just saw her having lunch at a pub -- hiding in the corner behind her friends. It was in Kensington -- the pub on St Albans Grove.
Did you get a good look at her? If you think it's her then chances are it probably is her. Just because she's in the media doesn't mean she doesn't frequent restaurants and pubs.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Did you get a good look at her? If you think it's her then chances are it probably is her. Just because she's in the media doesn't mean she doesn't frequent restaurants and pubs.
Well it's the wealthiest section of London and down the street from Kensington Palace -- she was hiding in the corner trying to shield herself -- she didn't look too happy. I should have went back and looked, but thought it might look rude and honestly I don't care for her so I would probably end up saying something stupid under my breath and get into a fight with her buddies. Not good to get into it with drunk people. Does she not have a job still? What exactly does she do all day long?!

Old 05-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

LoL. No that would not be a good idea to get in a shuffle with drunk people. It very well could've been her, especially if you say she was hiding. I was at Pinkberry the other day and bumped into Paris Hilton. Honestly, I felt like telling her a thing or two myself. But one has to restrain themselves.

Kate's parents own a party planning company. I think she works for them. But sometimes working for your parents isn't exactly working..... If you know what I mean. Plus being William's girlfriend is a 9 to 5 job. Correct me if anyone has more info.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well she was "apparently" sighted at lunchtime. How about as i said, that she was having a pub lunch. She works for her parents and she seemingly works quite hard.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
She works for her parents and she seemingly works quite hard.
Yes, when you work in graphics/photography you have deadlines. I worked in that field for 25 years. Most of the time it is detailed, hectic work. I think Ms Middleton is used all over her parent's company as it a jack of all trades.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh I don't know about that. A business can succeed or fail depending on how the next generation takes care of it. So I'd guess that most people working for their parents work very, very hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I think she works for them. But sometimes working for your parents isn't exactly working..... If you know what I mean. .
Old 05-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Let's not forget, no one really knows how often or how hard she really works. But I do hope she pulls her weight.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Oh I don't know about that. A business can succeed or fail depending on how the next generation takes care of it. So I'd guess that most people working for their parents work very, very hard.
A lot of family business fail because of the next generation. Party Pieces has seemed to expand from just children party stuff to much more. I think I see the siblings bring in ideas for the company to expand in this recession from their education in marketing and art.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Well said, georgiea! I think you hit the nail right on the head...
Old 05-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
A lot of family business fail because of the next generation. Party Pieces has seemed to expand from just children party stuff to much more. I think I see the siblings bring in ideas for the company to expand in this recession from their education in marketing and art.

And a lot succeed and continue to flourish, or even grow, in the second and subsequent generations because the first generation has been able to sell the business concept and work ethic needed to their offspring and ensure that their education is appropriate for exactly that purpose.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Indeed, Bertie! Right on....
Old 05-23-2010, 12:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree that the next generation has to be in the know to uphold their company. But there are "kids" out there who could care less about their parents company and would rather do their own thing. I know people like that who let their parents do the work now with the intention of picking it up later. If indeed Kate is a hardworker, like some of you think she is, then I say hats off to her!
Old 05-23-2010, 02:21 AM

What will happen with PArty Pieces when (for I consider it now a certainty) Kate is officially engaged to be Princess William of Wales? Will the media go on attack against the Middletons and Party Pieces because of the royal connection? Will they say the Middletons have a conflict of interest in the business? I can already imagine headlines accusing Michael and Carole Middleton of "using" their connections, etc.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth