The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Middleton's socially mobile family refuse to be kept down | Mail Online

Kate Middleton makes an unlikely symbol of ­social ­mobility.

Born to millionaire parents, sent to a ­private school charging ­almost £30,000 a year and educated at Scotland’s most prestigious ­university, Prince William’s fiancée has wanted for little during her charmed time on earth.
And yet, despite the expensive clothes and rich friends, Kate’s background tells a ­compelling story about the growth of social mobility over the past century

for the life of me, i just cant understand how the Middleton's made so much money selling part paraphernalia! is this really such a booming business in England? Apparently their website has 150,000 visits a day! wow, thats a lot!

yes, but even before that, they managed to put three children through private schools! I did read an article somewhere that stated that Mr Middleton's grandfather left an equivalent of 33 million pounds in his will, and the Middletons, of course received some part of that, and it is that money which funds their extravagant lifestyle. what kind of cars do they have? A Range Rover, a Audi...and?

Nothing wrong with spending a lot of money on your children's education. Kate owns the Audi before that she had a Volkswagon and the Range Rover belongs to her parents. And if the Middleton's inherited some money I'm sure they were wise enough to put it in an investment, savings funds and depending on how much money they really have they might have put some money in hedge funds too.

I wouldn't call them extravagant. To me extravagant means whisking off in a private jet, spending thousands of dollars/Euros per day on shopping trips and so on. But it is the Middleton's money - and they should be allowed to spend however they like. :flowers:

Last edited:
of course 4pam i never said it is anyone else's money. I just wanted to know the source of their income, and since i found out some extra information about their income, i thought i would put that information here to share with everyone:)
I guess 'extravagant' was an extreme term for me to use, but it is a good lifestyle, anyway:)

I would like to know more on Kate's brother and sister.

Phillipa Charlotte graduated from The University of Edinburgh and James William makes cakes. That is all I know.

"It gets extremely cold and below freezing most nights. To help take care of the guards, Kate installed a kettle in her garage along with a small fridge that has milk in it. She also put out a variety of tea, coffee, and hot chocolate for them to choose from."

And we are to praise her for this? I should hope she would give them all these things and a heater, too. Hell, I'd even give them a few packets of bikkies.

Slow news day, perhaps.

Last edited:
I think everyone is trying to make Kate look wonderful, when really she's doing nothing special.

:previous:
You're both right...it's a slow news day and the press are trying to hype Kate up. I read that story maybe 3 weeks ago.
:newyear::fireworks:

and there are a lot of people out there that are trying to make her look awful also.

Media will place her on the sky one day, so that latter they can knocked her down.

To be fair I think all that's happened is Kate met a guy who happens to be a future King. Kind of right time, right place & all that, I don't think there's anything particularly "special" about her but then I consider that a good thing as quite frankly "normal" & "average" is good if you ask me. I'm not saying she's some saviour of the average person or something like that, everyone has good things about them & bad things, it just happens that she met a guy who has this huge public role & so has to adjust to all that entails.

William could do a lot worse, maybe some consider her dull, some consider her to be some modern saint of middleclassdom come to bring some down-to-earth values to the upperclass, some consider her & her family to be vulgar social-climbers. Personally I just see her as someone who seems nice enough, doesn't offend me in anyway & I'm willing to wait & see what she does once she actually gets in her official role as William's wife/part of the Royal Family. I don't think she's whiter than white but then I don't think she's pure evil either, she's just lucky (or unlucky depending on your view) to have met & got engaged to a Future King, that doesn't suddenly make everything about her special, nor does it mean she's done everything in her life wrong. She's just who she is, and to me she seems like quite a lot of the people I know & went to school with...then again I am like a stereotype of middleclass-ness so maybe that's why! ;)

and there are a lot of people out there that are trying to make her look awful also.

Media will place her on the sky one day, so that latter they can knocked her down.

That's exactly what will happen. It's what usually happens with public figures.

Give her some space, I would say. [Sarcastic mode] To some people it would seem that she suffers from tall poppy syndrome and we can't let that happen, can we? [/End of sarcastic mode].

Last edited:
"It gets extremely cold and below freezing most nights. To help take care of the guards, Kate installed a kettle in her garage along with a small fridge that has milk in it. She also put out a variety of tea, coffee, and hot chocolate for them to choose from."

And we are to praise her for this? I should hope she would give them all these things and a heater, too. Hell, I'd even give them a few packets of bikkies.

Slow news day, perhaps.

Does she ask to be praised for this?

That's exactly what will happen. It's what usually happens with public figures.

That is true - one is up in the sky and with one mistake they are being knocked to the ground. It's like the press expects or practically demands perfect behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the "tall poppy" comment. :) Absolutely, the fun for the media is to build some one up to enormous heights and then go after them as if they were in a shooting gallery. IMO, many of the media who are making these denigrating comments probably have far worse in their own lives to cover up. She is a normal young woman, being a normal young woman, no better nor worse than many others others. If she had been from the highest levels of english society or foreign royalty the media would still try the same strategy. It does, after all, make good press. And for all those who swallow the silliness ..... it is, as they say, a slow day.

It's interesting for me,does Kate still have any living grandparents?

The headline is really unfair. Someone posts a question asking if they will have any british wedding items and the co. answeres yes. That's hardly cashing in.

Actually it is cashing in if they don't normally sell this sort of stuff or if they make use of their connection to Kate.

This is a fine line for them to deal with because of the nature of their business. They sell party stuff and this celebration is being promoted as a party but they will have to avoid having anything that links them to Kate or it will be crossing the line and seeking commercial gain from Kate's position.

The Party Pieces worker does not mention "wedding items" but refers to "traditional street party bits".

From the MailOnline:
A customer wrote on the company's official Facebook page last month (Jan): 'Hi! We attend a British school in Sweden and will have a Royal Wedding day in April! Will you be selling traditional British themed products we can order in the coming months?'

A Party Pieces worker responded: 'We certainly will be doing some traditional street party bits. These will be available mid-late February.'

Carole and Mike Middleton already sell patriotic Union Jack bunting, plastic crockery and table decorations suited to the thousands of Coronation-style parties that are expected to be held across the country on April 29.
(my bolding)

Yes, why let facts get in the way of a good story or lets play to the rabid anti Middleton base of Daily Mail readers.

And according to the article, they already sell patriotic Union Jack items so whats the big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom