The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #421  
Old 08-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Sky, now I'm really interested in your theory on how British tycoon Sir Richard Branson and Miss Catherine Middleton could have crossed paths if it wasn't through her connections involving Prince William
Simple really, many of THE nightclubs are frequented by rich young men and women, (they also let in those who are not so rich as well), therefore it is quite possible to strike up a conversation, followed by friendship with those of a lesser/better class. There is nothing to say that Kate wouldn't have met one of the Branson children whilst they were both at the same club. A titled friend boasts a refuse collector as one of his closest friends!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #422  
Old 08-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Ella Kay's Avatar
Courtier
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anywhere, United States
Posts: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post

At some point it was rumoured that she would work with Mario Testino, in some art exhibition.
I think Testino himself debunked that rumor.
__________________

__________________

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Reply With Quote
  #423  
Old 08-05-2009, 04:31 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,416
[quote=Zonk;975507]
Quote:
I am looking for a new job, and I am reaching out to people that I know...those I know very well and those I have had a passing acquaintance with...does that make me a bad person too?
Nobody is a bad person because of making use of connection, rather a clever person but because of who Kate is and her history in the papers it nurtures the social climer image she and her family have been given by the media. It's too late to win a popularity contest for Kate as commoner anyway but pictures with Sir Richard certainly won't help to improve public opinion about her.

Quote:
skydragon Simple really, many of THE nightclubs are frequented by rich young men and women, (they also let in those who are not so rich as well), therefore it is quite possible to strike up a conversation, followed by friendship with those of a lesser/better class. There is nothing to say that Kate wouldn't have met one of the Branson children whilst they were both at the same club. A titled friend boasts a refuse collector as one of his closest friends!
Let's agree to disagree, I doubt that Kate would have gotten anywhere near the Branson kids if it wasn't for the circles surrounding William. Whether making use of her connections is a good thing or not is a different question, see above
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #424  
Old 08-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
Actually I still think it is two. She worked at Jigsaw and then for her parents. Anything else is just speculation by the media.
She was photographed arrivng/leaving a gallery for a job interview, so it is clear that at some point she did have intentions of pursuing an art career.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #425  
Old 08-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
She was photographed arrivng/leaving a gallery for a job interview, so it is clear that at some point she did have intentions of pursuing an art career.
Do you have anything to say it was a job interview, or was that simply the story in the media?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #426  
Old 08-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
It was reported as a job interview for a gallery, I cannot remember which although for some reason I do think it was in the Marylebone area.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #427  
Old 08-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Myself1995's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 237
Huh. I have a feeling of deja vu with this article, but it says it was published yesterday, and I don't see it posted here, so I'll go ahead and post it anyhow. Maybe it's that they're repeating stuff they've already said on a slow news day.
Kate Middleton goes the extra furlong for Prince William - Telegraph
__________________
“You are a member of the British royal family. We are never tired, and we all love hospitals.”
Queen Mary (consort of George V) quotes
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Old 08-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Ella Kay's Avatar
Courtier
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anywhere, United States
Posts: 952
I think the "new" part is the small interview with Bruce Fogle, where he discusses what a horse allergy actually does to the body.

It's a very slow news cycle indeed!
__________________

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Old 09-28-2009, 10:27 AM
christinacg's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

They certainly suggest that the Middletons are social climbers, but don't most people hang out with people in their same social circle?

They were never in that social circle until Kate started dating William.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Old 09-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,176
Let's agree to disagree. Really no one is in the same social circle as William or the rest of the British Royal Family Except perhaps other royal families.

Prior to Kate dating William she at least ran in the same circles as some in the British aristocracy. She did attend what I assume to be a posh boarding school and university right? But will we ever know? No one really knows the true facts on Kate Middleton
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #431  
Old 09-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Wisteria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Let's agree to disagree. Really no one is in the same social circle as William or the rest of the British Royal Family Except perhaps other royal families.

Prior to Kate dating William she at least ran in the same circles as some in the British aristocracy. She did attend what I assume to be a posh boarding school and university right? But will we ever know? No one really knows the true facts on Kate Middleton
I disagree, a social circle is different from the royal circle, it consists of persons and families who have a degree of friendship with the royal family. The Middleton family have never belonged to that circle and I believe they still
don´t, although her sister is making good use of the entrée her sister has given her to this elite and hard to enter group.
If the Middletons are thought of as social climbers well if they are accepted in the inner circle they have climbed that high they must feel dizzy.
Kate on the other hand, and her brother and sister I presume were sent to the best schools which gave them an entrée to a higher social circle than they would normally have been able to mix with and when Kate attracted a royal beau well she was immediately able to rise very high indeed.
The Middletons are social climbers and so far they have done their climbing very well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #432  
Old 09-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,176

Again we can agree to disagree.

But let's be clear, in your opinion you consider the Middletons to be social climbers. And you are certainly entitled to believe that opinion.

I am not sure if one can prove someone is a social climber. As if there were a criteria that one must fulfill in order to be considered that the Middletons are.

But we are getting off topic, we can continue this discussion http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...d-5991-22.html .
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #433  
Old 09-29-2009, 04:08 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Kate on the other hand, and her brother and sister I presume were sent to the best schools which gave them an entrée to a higher social circle than they would normally have been able to mix with and when Kate attracted a royal beau well she was immediately able to rise very high indeed.
... or do you think it was because the girls were sent to Marlbrough as it was one of the best schools in the South West, and their parents could afford it? Most parents I know would do their best to send their children to a school like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
The Middleton family have never belonged to that circle and I believe they still
don´t, although her sister is making good use of the entrée her sister has given her to this elite and hard to enter group.
If the Middletons are thought of as social climbers well if they are accepted in the inner circle they have climbed that high they must feel dizzy.
Most young people tend to socialise (to start with) with people they studied or worked with. Whats wrong with the Middleton girls socialising with their peers from school and college?NOt sure that is social climbing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #434  
Old 09-29-2009, 04:38 AM
Wisteria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Posts: 632

Misunderstanding. By Middletons being social climbers I meant the parents, more the wife than the husband. The girls are up there now, thanks to their education and their school friends and of course Prince William.
I don´t know why the parents sent their children to Marlborough, they had enough money that is certainly an important reason, but it has also taken the next generation up a step(or actually many steps), and there is nothing wrong with that, but in my opinion wanting to have their daughter a Queen consort is aiming just a tad bit high. But these days anything can happen as we have seen in other places, but for some reason I have always felt that the BRF would not take an unequal marriage as complacently as some royal families have.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #435  
Old 09-29-2009, 04:53 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Should you have seen Kate Middleton's most recent evening dress in a shop window, your thoughts might have gone something like this: 'Wow! Which quietly elegant creature is going to wear that full-length, gunmetal gown?

'A sophisticated, stylish, well-heeled middle-aged woman on her way to a party, perhaps?' And what about the shiny, coral-coloured mini-dress in which her mother flashed acres of toned, tanned flesh?

Read more: If I had legs like Kate's mum, I'd flaunt them too . . . but does her daughter (and Her Maj) approve? | Mail Online

If you've got it, flaunt it!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #436  
Old 09-29-2009, 10:01 AM
grace marie's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: -, Poland
Posts: 252
I agree with article. Colour of Kate dress is horrible and make her older and too monumental. I would prefer this dress from Boxing Day or sth. She looks lovely then. And about her mum... that wasn't meeting with the Queen so I don't suppose she should wear sth else. Honestly, on some photos she looks better than her daughters.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #437  
Old 09-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Lady Ann's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: IN THE CITY, United States
Posts: 857
I disagree, Kate always looks like a respectable young woman. If she had wore a something, like lets say her mother, she would have been underdressed and showing to much skin. I honestly dont think she can win no matter what she wears .... IMO any way ..... I would have liked to seen her hair in an updo. but that is besides the point ....Happy posting
__________________
Lady Ann
Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face…~ George Eliot ~
Reply With Quote
  #438  
Old 09-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post

Misunderstanding. By Middletons being social climbers I meant the parents, more the wife than the husband. The girls are up there now, thanks to their education and their school friends and of course Prince William.
I don´t know why the parents sent their children to Marlborough, they had enough money that is certainly an important reason, but it has also taken the next generation up a step(or actually many steps), and there is nothing wrong with that, but in my opinion wanting to have their daughter a Queen consort is aiming just a tad bit high. But these days anything can happen as we have seen in other places, but for some reason I have always felt that the BRF would not take an unequal marriage as complacently as some royal families have.
I am pretty sure that the middletons never thought about Kate becoming Queen Consort before she attended St Andrews. But if my daughter was in Kate's position (dating the prince) I would certainly do anything I could to keep her their if that made her happy. Kate attended Marlborough college, because her parents could afford it and it offered what she wanted to do, if she made friends in another aristocratic circle, it had nothing to getting her to the "top"


She's a wonderful girl, i don't think she's pushy or snobby, i just don't think she is right for william.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #439  
Old 09-29-2009, 04:15 PM
iowabelle's Avatar
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Des Moines, United States
Posts: 2,405
I liked Kate's dress, although it was too low-cut for me, not that she appeared to be in danger of popping out. Mom's dress was too youthful IMO and just not attractive, although she does have a good figure (and I'm jealous).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #440  
Old 09-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Wisteria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Posts: 632
Actually we are saying almost the same thing. But, if Kate hadn´t gone to the school she went to, let us say she went to the school her mother attended, she would never have met the first circle of friends that led to the next higher up social circle. I too
don´t think she is right for William´, but then I am not sure William is right for King.
I find it interesting that you think that Kate went to Marlborough college because it offered her the chance of doing what she wants to do, as so far we have had no sign of what she wants to do except date William.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]