The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-01-2009, 05:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
William and Kate on The Globe...

http://i30.tinypic.com/2mwxxj7.jpg
OMG, that is so funny, is it a comedy magazine?

Old 08-01-2009, 07:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
Very interesting article from The Washington Post on the Kate "scandal," also touches on class issues in England:

washingtonpost.com

"The upper class has more than its share of cocaine users and inconvenient relatives.."

this is an excellent point. it just goes to prove that what's ok for the goose isn't ok for the gander.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
"The upper class has more than its share of cocaine users and inconvenient relatives.."

this is an excellent point. it just goes to prove that what's ok for the goose isn't ok for the gander.
This is perfectly true, an upper class person would get a "tut tut" and that would be that, and a royal wouldn´t even get that, at least within hearing distance of the royals but Uncle Gary with his beer belly proved himself, at least to the people who heard him and saw the video not even to be in the upper end of the lower class but, of course, with the advantage of "pots of money".
Kate has barely put her toe into the upper class and the uncle Gary incident just might have its repercussions.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
OMG, that is so funny, is it a comedy magazine?
It's like the lowest tabloid we have...their previous cover was about Obama's gay lover, so you can get the drift from that.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Aristocracy

Silly tabloid headline, William has no bride. He's not even engaged.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton shows Richard Branson she means business | Mail Online (2/08/2009).
Old 08-02-2009, 04:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
At least we know she is getting advice from the best.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The Middletons’ firm will now offer ‘experience days’ – such as surfing lessons and trips to football grounds and recording studios – in conjunction with Virgin.
For kids, like those expensive summer camps they do for kids in the US in big cities like New York and LA? I think those are pretty popular - she might just become a real entrepreneur.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

The Richard Branson thing will only deepen the image of Kate or the Middletons as social climbers, making the most of the connections they now have thanks to the royal boyfriend. If it wasn't for Kate's status as possible future Queen a big shot like Branson wouldn't even waste a second of his precious time looking at Middleton's business.

I've lost track how many "career paths" Kate went down in the past years, maybe Sir Richard is the best chance to provide the desperately wanted "independent serious & hard worker" image. Good luck but Kate's attempt has written "milking connections" all over it.

She looks shockingly old in this picture:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...70_468x502.jpg
Old 08-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Courtier

She certainly does.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The Richard Branson thing will only deepen the image of Kate or the Middletons as social climbers, making the most of the connections they now have thanks to the royal boyfriend. If it wasn't for Kate's status as possible future Queen a big shot like Branson wouldn't even waste a second of his precious time looking at Middleton's business.
Oh come on, do you really believe that he is? All they are doing is acting as agents for the experience days, which anyone website can do - and they have been offering them on their site for over a year now. Possible future Queen or not I doubt that RB has the time or interest to involve himself in her parents business.

Quote:
I've lost track how many "career paths" Kate went down in the past years, maybe Sir Richard is the best chance to provide the desperately wanted "independent serious & hard worker" image. Good luck but Kate's attempt has written "milking connections" all over it
Two
Old 08-04-2009, 05:33 AM
Courtier

[QUOTE=Duke of Marmalade;975025]

I've lost track how many "career paths" Kate went down in the past years, maybe Sir Richard is the best chance to provide the desperately wanted "independent serious & hard worker" image. Good luck but Kate's attempt has written "milking connections" all over it.

That's exactly what I was thinking
Old 08-04-2009, 05:49 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

She looks shockingly old in this picture:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...70_468x502.jpg
Brillant. Agree with everything.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Or it could simply be that these are the circles she would move in without any connection to William. I would imagine that it is harder for her to follow a career because she is involved with him.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Or it could simply be that these are the circles she would move in without any connection to William. I would imagine that it is harder for her to follow a career because she is involved with him.
Sky, now I'm really interested in your theory on how British tycoon Sir Richard Branson and Miss Catherine Middleton could have crossed paths if it wasn't through her connections involving Prince William
Old 08-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
Oh come on, do you really believe that he is? All they are doing is acting as agents for the experience days, which anyone website can do - and they have been offering them on their site for over a year now. Possible future Queen or not I doubt that RB has the time or interest to involve himself in her parents business.

Two
Actually I believe the figure is closer to 4 or 5.

She was photographed attending interviews at galleries when she first graduated, Hello ran a piece on it. Then she took the job at Jigsaw, which was followed by her non-existent stint as a photographer/events manager after the much-hyped Testino exhibition.

Finally we are told she works in the family business.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Actually I believe the figure is closer to 4 or 5.

She was photographed attending interviews at galleries when she first graduated, Hello ran a piece on it. Then she took the job at Jigsaw, which was followed by her non-existent stint as a photographer/events manager after the much-hyped Testino exhibition.

Finally we are told she works in the family business.
Actually I still think it is two. She worked at Jigsaw and then for her parents. Anything else is just speculation by the media.

I'm not sure what exhibition you are talking about but the only one I can think of is the "A Time to Reflect" book launch with photographs by Alistair Morrison which was for charity I believe in late 2007. Does hosting an event for charity now make one an events manager? I guess I have something new to add to my CV.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

At some point it was rumoured that she would work with Mario Testino, in some art exhibition.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Since Kate has not spoken in the press regarding her life, school, family and work life...its pretty much speculation on how many jobs and/or careers she has. I am also not sure if I would consider the Daily Mail to be a reliable source.

And in reference to Kate meeting a different group of people due to her dating William, isn't that applicable to anyone who dates someone who comes from a different geographical area, social class, etc?

I am looking for a new job, and I am reaching out to people that I know...those I know very well and those I have had a passing acquaintance with...does that make me a bad person too?

The fact remains that Kate is truly the first commoner to potentially marry into the British Royal Family (I am not counting Lady Diana Spencer, Lady Elizabeth Bowles-Lyon or Anne Hyde as they had access to the BRF) in this new era of 24/7 news you can use (or lose). People can put a rumour on the internet and its across the globe and milliseconds...and it doesn't matter if its correct. And I am not counting Antony Armstrong Jones...the press can not be compared to the Press of the 1960's.

She is in a special category...she can't get a regular job due to the press (surely people remember the press stalking her place of business at Topshop) or the countdown by the press (and the forum) on how many vacations she took, she works for her family and she is ridiculed because no one sees exactly what she is doing, she talks to friends of her boyriend and she is accused of using her connections to get a better job (which I think anyone if given the opportunity to do would), she is also ridiculed because she doesn't know what she wants to do with her career (which also doesn't make her special...I am 40 and I am thinking of changing careers).

I am going to go out on a limb and give my opinion of Kate...she does nothing for me. She is boring, not that pretty and just average in terms of her dress sense (from what I know cause I don't know her) BUT she is NOT the reincarnation of the devil and if William likes and loves her...she is okay with me.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Since Kate has not spoken in the press regarding her life, school, family and work life...its pretty much speculation on how many jobs and/or careers she has. I am also not sure if I would consider the Daily Mail to be a reliable source.

And in reference to Kate meeting a different group of people due to her dating William, isn't that applicable to anyone who dates someone who comes from a different geographical area, social class, etc?

I am looking for a new job, and I am reaching out to people that I know...those I know very well and those I have had a passing acquaintance with...does that make me a bad person too?
Quite the opposite Zonk, it makes you a very resourceful person, like Kate.
You are quite right Kate was bound to meet new people when she began dating William. She's met Sam and Holly Branson through William and Beatrice, thats possible how she possible met Sir Richard.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth