The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMay View Post

This is not just about blacksheep imo, despite what the press has tried to imply.

So what are you suggesting?

Old 07-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Insightful, I agree with your points.
I have wondered why the press has tried to play this down as simply the "blacksheep", it is much more than that and goes much deeper, imo.
The Middleton's including Kate, had no qualms about using the "Maison de Bang,Bang" belonging to the Uncle ( that name alone would have given me pause) to take the heir to the throne there. It goes much deeper because this family put the future heir to the Throne in a possible situation which could have had serious legal implications, for him and his future, (if police showed up and spotted something odd) or other people visited wanting substances similar to those seen in the video of the Uncle or all hell broke loose while the Prince was in residence as Maison de Bang, Bang) it could have been an International incident, for him.
I find it amazing that no matter what occurs surrounding the Middleton's or Kate it is somehow(for the press ) another sign that Pr. William will propose!!!
Well technically speaking there were police officers there and I would presume if poor William had been in any danger they would have done their jobs and removed him from the situation. As their holiday in 2006 seems to have passed without any harm to William or any International incidents then I guess it is safe to presume that there were no major problems during their stay.

Quote:
If a undercover reporter can get into Kate's Uncle Gary's realm,
Undercover reporters also seem to be able to get to the Royal family, their homes, and cars.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Honestly the name Maison de Bang Bang means different things to different people. When I saw the name....I wouldn't automatically think drugs and I don't know if most people made that connection. ------ shortened ------- That just doesn't make sense.
Great common sense post Zonk. Maison de Bang Bang sounds more like a love nest than a drug den if someone wants to put an interpretation to it. Most would presume it was just a holiday villa named 'locally', as words have different meanings in different countries/languages.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Undercover reporters also seem to be able to get ....
Chopped quote.

I've said how I feel. I stand by it. Won't continue further ,the headlines around the situation speak volumnes.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
the headlines around the situation speak volumnes.
IMO, the headlines around the situation sell papers, and seem to have little staying power otherwise.

I think this story will continue to be tossed about on the internet (because we all know that we don't let go of something once it's been discussed once ), and may be trotted out by the tabloids when it's convenient for them to do so, but other than that, I don't see it having much lasting impact in the public realm.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 07-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Aristocracy

I agree, all in all I can't really see any of the Middleton's having a lasting impact on the Crown.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

We'll have to disagree on that specific point, SarahMay, because you know I believe one of them certainly will have a lasting impact -- and it's certainly not her Uncle Gary!

HM The Queen
Old 07-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Aristocracy

"If " she "ever" becomes more than a girlfriend , by Officially getting engaged to the Prince, we'll discuss the impact then...(I have my own thoughts on where it's heading.)
Until then it's waiting and speculation.
Thank you for your comments, I respect your opinion.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Is this really any worse than any of the coverage of Earl Spencer, the affairs of the PoW and Diana, or any other scandal of the BRF and their friends? Tempest in a teapot.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Honestly the name Maison de Bang Bang means different things to different people. When I saw the name....I wouldn't automatically think drugs and I don't know if most people made that connection.

People have a right to like to dislike Kate....from what you know of her and what you perceive....but I really think that some people are giving the Middleton's too much credit. I mean...if Carole is that maniupulative and she pushed Kate to attend St. Andrews because she knew William was going to be there (which wasn't the case) and she has made sure that Kate has wisely stayed on teh sidelines, so William WOULD HAVE to marry her (which doesn't mean he will)...WHY OH WHY would she mess it up by having William go to her drug dealing brother's house?! All that planning for nothing!

That just doesn't make sense.
First, Maison de Bang Bang does not mean drugs, it is a very crude name suggesting sex and no native English speaker would misunderstand and the Spanish probably wouldn´t as well.
He is a crude man and if Carole is that manipulative, as we have had seen suggested in more than one newspaper, then she must also be a bit blind about her own family and needed a tabloid to print a story to realise.
The question "why oh why" would she mess it up is probably the phrase that has gone most through her head in the last few weeks.
As far as other posters have suggested about the security officers with the Prince, they are looking after his safety and are not there to do anything else. If their Prince chooses to stay with such a person with his girlfriend they go there and watch out for someone pointing a gun at him or getting near enough to do him harm. They will not interfere in his personal life, but they will file out reports when they get back.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:17 AM
Administrator

Wisteria...I totally agree and have said the same in previous posts.

And yes, the name to me makes a nasty reference to sex. Not something I would share with friends and/or family but I am not Uncle Gary. But it should also note that a name is just that a name...just because someone names their island retreat a crude name doesn't mean something scandalous is going over there.

This is just another example that you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Wisteria...I totally agree and have said the same in previous posts.

And yes, the name to me makes a nasty reference to sex. Not something I would share with friends and/or family but I am not Uncle Gary. But it should also note that a name is just that a name...just because someone names their island retreat a crude name doesn't mean something scandalous is going over there.

This is just another example that you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family.
I agree with you too but...unfortunately besides seeing the name of Uncle Gary´s house it went from bad to worse, we saw uncle Gary and we heard Uncle Gary.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I think people are too concerned about Uncle Gary. Like I said, everyone has skeletons, and so long as Uncle Gary doesn't become BFFs with Kate and William, it shouldn't be a problem. If I were Uncle Gary, I wouldn't be expecting a royal wedding invitation any time soon.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I can totally respect that, SarahMay. I think what's ridiculous is that some seem to believe that having a relative who has allegedly engaged in such behavior as Gary Goldsmith is accused of means that a wedding suddenly cannot occur. That's just silliness.

If they don't get married, IMO, it won't be because of this Uncle Gary story. (But I still think they will.)

HM The Queen
Old 07-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Courtier

William and Kate on The Globe...

http://i30.tinypic.com/2mwxxj7.jpg
Old 07-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I like that The Globe thinks Camilla is somehow the last word on royal weddings now.

HM The Queen
Old 07-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Courtier

Very interesting article from The Washington Post on the Kate "scandal," also touches on class issues in England:

washingtonpost.com
Old 07-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Aristocracy

Ouch. Now I'm starting to feel bad for Kate.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:27 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I've been hanging out over at the Alexander Palace Time Machine forums and they seem to have dried up where the Windsors are concerned.

I totally agree with Ella. There will be an engagement and a wedding between Prince William and Kate.

I think it's highlarious that The Globe has worked Camilla into this fabrication. Yeah, like she's the one calling the shots in the Prince of Wales' household and the goings on of his family...right. Don't get me wrong, I do believe Camilla wields quite a bit of power just not where the Royal Family is concerned.

=Annie=
Old 07-31-2009, 10:28 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

The Globe hasn't ever quite moved past the Diana/Charles/Camilla business when it comes to royal reporting. They're never very friendly to The Duchess ... and it usually ends up being more hilarious than anything else, just because it's so ridiculous!

HM The Queen

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth