The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-19-2009, 05:19 AM
Commoner

I just wonder how that sort of uncle and his lifestyle has been able to be a secret all over the years of the kate-wills-relationship ? Or is it the right moment when the whole world is discussing an upcoming engagement of kate and wills to bring that uncle to public light?

Old 07-19-2009, 05:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post
I found the Party Pieces website that Kate's parents own on another website, and I poked around a bit there. Both websites had really cute stuff, but if anyone's website looks like they're cashing in, it's this one - a color-it-yourself castle and throne? A color-in princess fancy dress? It would look fine on anyone else's site, and definitely something I'd buy for a kid - but it does look a little funny here.
Why does it 'look funny', there are dozens of places that you can buy colouring books and craft items especially along the Princess theme, most of the supermarkets and all of the toyshops sell them. There are quite a few places that sell Princess outfits, party bags etc. Party Pieces was doing this sort of thing before Kate & William even met (1987). I had a Princess cake made for one of my daughters back in the early 70's, (this one survived the candles, Myself1995). Then there was Princess Barbie and her castle .....

Old 07-19-2009, 06:28 AM
Aristocracy

I wasn't saying anything bad about Kate, or that they were exploiting her - I don't have an opinion on her one way or the other- don't know enough about her. But they were saying upthread that Kate's brother's website was exploiting her connection to the BRF because it had a castle cake - her parent's website has everything from a castle to a princess outfit you can make.

Anyway, I think this morning what's on her parent's website is the least of her problems. I didn't see the article about her uncle anywhere else, though, so it may just all blow over.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:42 AM
Courtier

I think its for the best this News of the World article has come out now. This will either make or break the relationship now. William has a choice either to ride out the storm with Kate or call it a day and decide to walk away. Yes Kate cannot help he is her mother's brother but it will be interesting to see what William does in the next days/weeks as I am sure Prince Charles will be disgusted about this uncle.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Aristocracy

That's true. Friends of the royal family, and even members of the royal family have been in scandals before ( remember Harry's drug scandal when he was in school? and I seem to remember Prince Edward's wife having some sort of scandal about using her royal connections to get work ) so they may just let the whole thing blow over.

Anyway, I didn't really thing that William was going to announce a royal wedding this year. I would have been very suprised if all those rumors were true. And he may not end up with her after all. He may find someone else. Or she might.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Courtier

I really can´t believe that the royal family will be suprised by the article about Kate´s uncle. They will have known for a long time, all royal visits outings and people accompanying them are fully investigated. The only embarassment for the BRF now is that all this seems to have become public and I am inclined to agree with angieuk that the coming days and weeks will be crucial.
The point is, does William really want to marry Kate? If he doesn´t then this is the perfect occasion to walk away without being called a cad.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:13 AM
Nobility

IMO it wuld be just the opposite, he would be called a cad since he probably had previous knowledge of her uncle's activities.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Why would have William had previous knowledge of Kate's uncles activities unless he was told by the people who had Kate's family investigated? I am sure they probably knew about it and unless the uncles' activities in any way posed a threat to William chose to look the other way?

In regards to Kate's family...no family is perfect and if William and Kate break up its not going to be about her uncle. Let's face it....the Windsor (who I like) are not the perfect family and have a drug problem or two. And if the family thinks that finding a bride in the British artistocracy is going to be drug free...well...I got a bridge in Alaska I can sell them. Basically, Kate should not be held resoonsible for her uncle. You can pick your friends not your family.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh dear! Uncle Gary is a real liability for Kate, on so many levels. I bet he won't be invited to the wedding, if there is one.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Nobility

I think you're probably correct in that assumption!
Old 07-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

The one I feel sorry for is his daughter living in Manchester. Wanna bet William and Kate won't go to his place this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principessa Cano View Post
Kate Middleton uncle drugs & vice shock | Prince William stayed with Gary Goldsmith | News | News Of The World

Oh my, it seems that Kate's uncle is a bit of a scoundrel. Check out the video at the end of the article. He's quite the gentleman.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Aristocracy

No way she gets a proposal. imo
Old 07-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Aristocracy

Prince William is forced to cut ties with Kate's drug dealing uncle | Mail Online

March of the middle class Middletons: How Kate's family found themselves in the limelight http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0Ll5ACLC1
Old 07-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
The Royalist is reporting the News of the World will have an scandalous exclusive on Kate's uncle. The tabloid says her uncle did drugs and had flings with prostitutes at a villa Wills and Kate once stayed at.

The Royalist - Alleged Sex & Drugs Scandal Hits Kate Middleton's Family

The way I see it, its the News of the World. What are the chances that they ever accurately report on anything?
Well I can't help myself, but isn't it a big scandal, that the uncle of the girl, who maybe will be Queen some day, is in a video, where he deals with drugs?? IMO it reflects bad on the Middletons... Its disgusting I don't want to be the moralizer, but in my eyes its a no-go.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Surely the family must have known something about this? It' gardly something you can keep a secret. Another upset for the middleton family. Bet tea with the Queen won't happen now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post
March of the middle class Middletons: How Kate's family found themselves in the limelight March of the middle class Middletons: How Kate's family found themselves in the limelight | Mail Online
As for the family using there royal "connections" to get places, it's not surprising. They should however be more careful to us this to their advantage, a 4 page spread in hello for James basically screamed i'm the kings future brother in law.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
On one side I agree, but I hardly can't understand, that times have changed that much? A few years before, I'm sure it would have been said: That family aren't the people a Prince of Wales (or his successor) should be in contact with. Remember Camilla wasn't allowed for some reasons to be with Charles. And there were a many lower scandals, which ruined some other womans reputes... And its not only the drug-thing (what IMO is a very bad thing) - its everything, his behaviour, his BELLY OMG, its so cheesy. And I think you can see such things even on her mother, brother and sister... I don't know and I'm sorry, but it makes me really urghh... Its not only a little bit bizarre - its cheesy IMO.
My take is that every family has embarassing relatives, and so do the Middletons. The BRF have Princess Micahel of Kent and her various antics over the years, the Middletons have Uncle Gary.... Big deal!
Old 07-20-2009, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

And just how would a reporter from The Mail know? Forced my ****!

Here is another article.

For heaven's sake, everyone's got a dodgy uncle. No doubt there will be hand-wringing over yesterday's News of the World allegations that Kate Middleton's uncle supplies cocaine and hookers. Questions will be asked about whether she's a fit consort for a future king. The whole ghastly "doors to manual" slurs about the Middleton family will be trotted out. But isn't there something rather delicious about the whole affair?

Liz Hoggard: We must all admit our dodgy uncles - Commentators, Opinion - The Independent

Oh look they have been reading this thread!
Old 07-20-2009, 06:36 AM
Heir Apparent

I have mixed feelings regarding Kate's uncle. Every family has its oddball or eccentric and Royals are no exception. Moreover, Mr. Goldsmith is an adult who makes his own choices and the Middletons and Kate are not responsible for this.

However, the question that arises is how muchdid Kate and her family know about his activities. If for example they knew about his unsavoury activities and chose to turn a blind eye then it says a lot about their lack of character and judgement.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Courtier

I agree that every family has an oddball or eccentric but I think Kate´s uncle is a little more than this, in case no one noticed the activities mentioned in the article are illegal.
The BRF family must have known otherwise why do they have so many security people working for them and looking after them, and especially the heir to the heir to the throne?
I doubt that Uncle´s family didn´t know and it certainly didn´t stop them from having him to family occasions and didn´t uncle say he had met Prince William?
So far all is quiet on the BRF front, but I think this is a bit too big for them to ignore. I am interested to hear if this is going to be swept under the plush royal carpets or not.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

There's certainly more than enough evidence here for criminal charges to be laid against the uncle. Let's see whether that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
And just how would a reporter from The Mail know? Forced my ****!

Here is another article.

For heaven's sake, everyone's got a dodgy uncle. No doubt there will be hand-wringing over yesterday's News of the World allegations that Kate Middleton's uncle supplies cocaine and hookers. Questions will be asked about whether she's a fit consort for a future king. The whole ghastly "doors to manual" slurs about the Middleton family will be trotted out. But isn't there something rather delicious about the whole affair?

Liz Hoggard: We must all admit our dodgy uncles - Commentators, Opinion - The Independent

Oh look they have been reading this thread!

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth