The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2961  
Old 10-06-2019, 02:04 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 9,052
Question

Yayy...my favorite Middleton is going to marry at last!😍 Several posters over at The Fail are feeling sorry for Donna Air because she was with James 5 years and Ms. Thevenet barely a year. They are even drawing parallels with James's pal Edoardo Mapelli-Mozzi (who congratulated him) and his whirlwind engagement with Beatrice.

But I am a firm believer that when you meet your life partner, you sometimes know immediately, regardless of how long you have dated.

Anyway, I am happy for James after all he has been through with his struggle with depression.

Am I the only person who is often astonished by James's striking resemblance to both George V and Nicholas II?
__________________

__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Reply With Quote
  #2962  
Old 10-06-2019, 06:50 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 106
The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background

I am so happy for James and Alizée. Huge congratulations to them! Looking forward to this wedding!

I imagine Spencer and James Matthew will likely be ushers or groomsmen along with Prince William.
We will see Charlotte, George and Louis again in a wedding party!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2963  
Old 10-06-2019, 07:16 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Yayy...my favorite Middleton is going to marry at last!😍 Several posters over at The Fail are feeling sorry for Donna Air because she was with James 5 years and Ms. Thevenet barely a year. They are even drawing parallels with James's pal Edoardo Mapelli-Mozzi (who congratulated him) and his whirlwind engagement with Beatrice.
I think this is quite different. James and Donna broke up December 2017, then the exact same month (Dec 2017) Donna went on a romantic vacation to the Alps with Ben Carrington. To put two in two together it would seem that Donna was the one who ended the relationship so she could pursue things with Ben. Indeed pictures of the new couple show a very smitten Donna. Now if Donna is currently morose I doubt it has to do with James, but more to do with the press saying Donna and Ben broke-up this summer after a year and a half of dating.
Reply With Quote
  #2964  
Old 10-07-2019, 06:05 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,885
Quote:
James Middleton has been flooded with well-wishes following the announcement of his engagement to Alizee Thevenet.

After sharing his joy with the world on Sunday, Princess Beatrice's new fiancé Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi was one of the first of many to congratulate the happy couple.

"Adorable - congrats guys," the Italian property developer wrote on Instagram, while Prince Harry's ex-girlfriend Cressida Bonas said: "Congratulations!!! [Alongside a series of heart-shaped emojis]."

Holly Branson remarked: "Love love this pic. Many many congratulations you two."
Read more: Princess Beatrice's new fiancé is one of the first to congratulate James Middleton on his engagement
Reply With Quote
  #2965  
Old 10-07-2019, 10:17 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 5,019
Do you think Catherine or Philippa or Prince William will do a reading at the wedding of James? James read at the wedding of Prince William and Catherine.
Reply With Quote
  #2966  
Old 10-08-2019, 12:51 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 10,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Do you think Catherine or Philippa or Prince William will do a reading at the wedding of James? James read at the wedding of Prince William and Catherine.
James gave readings at the weddings of both Pippa and Kate. If he chooses only one to do a reading, perhaps Pippa as Kate's kids will likely be in the bridal party so she will be included. William may be asked to serve as an usher.
Reply With Quote
  #2967  
Old 10-11-2019, 01:02 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,885
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/imageserv...C0&resize=1200


Peter Francis Middleton was born in Leeds in 1920, the third son of Richard Middleton and Olive Lupton, a family of wealthy mill owners and solicitors.

After early tutoring at home with a governess where he developed a love of music and nature, Middleton attended Clifton College, Bristol before gaining a place at Oxford to study English. But within months of his arrival there he joined the RAF Volunteer Reserve.

He was posted to Canada as a flying instructor and it was two and a half years before he finally saw action, joining 605 Squadron at Manston, Kent, in August 1944. Flying Mosquito fighter-bombers, he was detailed to try to tip the wings of German doodlebugs to divert them away from devastating London.

As Germany collapsed he was based in Belgium, Holland and Germany itself before being demobbed in 1946.

His first postwar job was with the Lancashire Aircraft Corporation. In Leeds he courted and later married Valerie Glassborow, a bank manager’s daughter. He was 6ft 2in tall; she was nearly a foot shorter, vivacious and enjoyed all his jokes. They had four sons.

Well before his retirement he had discovered another love: sailing. It had started with the building of small dinghies — the first in the family dining room — that he sailed with his sons on the Thames.

In August 1976 he and his wife set sail from the Hamble in their 35ft ketch Nainjaune to cross the Atlantic. They spent Christmas in the Caribbean and then headed for the Bahamas where the following February, ten miles of the coast of the tiny island of Mayaguana, with a terrible crash they hit a reef.

The boat could not be saved and gathering a few essentials they set out for shore in their life raft. Landing on a deserted beach they made themselves comfortable for the night, dining off Scotch and ginger biscuits. The following day they found the main town.

The Mayaguana people were soon chugging out to examine the broken hull of the Nainjaune and her equipment. The Middletons were invited to visit a local family and found themselves being unabashedly served tea on crockery “borrowed” from their boat.

Returning to England, Middleton continued to sail for the next 20 years. His grandchildren recall the best of times being on the boat when they would respond to his every command by crying out irreverently “Aye, aye, Kipper”. They never tired of spreading the underside of his toast with peanut butter, which he hated but responded to with theatrical good humour.

Middleton had a boundless enthusiasm for life. As well as a keen sailor he was a photographer, writer and carpenter, making tiny tables and chairs for his grandchildren, a pirate ship for them to play on in the garden and repairing pews in his local church.

His 90th birthday party was attended by the whole family and three additional guests, including Prince William. His granddaughter Catherine visited him again on her return from Kenya where Prince William proposed to her last month.

Middleton’s wife Valerie died in 2006 and he leaves four sons and five grandchildren.

- Peter Middleton’s obituary, 27 November 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #2968  
Old 10-11-2019, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bellevue, United States
Posts: 1,034
A pity he didn't live to see the wedding.
Reply With Quote
  #2969  
Old 10-11-2019, 04:10 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 11,257
Interesting information - it seemed that Catherine and her siblings were fairly close to him. It's a shame he couldn't meet the Cambridge children.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #2970  
Old 10-11-2019, 09:40 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,885
This is powerful stuff. Well worth a read. It’s premium but PM me for full content.

Telegraph Exclusive: James Middleton on his engagement, battling depression and finding happiness. 'I was in a dark, miserable place'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thin...ssion-finding/

“After years of struggling with dyslexia, ADD and depression, there’s finally brightness on the horizon for the Duchess of Cambridge’s brother. The newly engaged James Middleton reveals to Bryony Gordon how much his life has changed – and how he is looking forward to settling down with his wife-to-be”

“An engagement is a happy occasion for any family, but for the Middletons, the news that their youngest child James had proposed to Alizee Thevenet, his girlfriend of a year, was particularly sweet. Just 18 months ago, the whole family – the Duchess of Cambridge included – were accompanying him to therapy sessions in an effort to untangle him from the grip of depression; now they are celebrating an event that will give hope to anyone currently in the depths of this most miserable of illnesses.”
Reply With Quote
  #2971  
Old 10-11-2019, 10:25 PM
Zaira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: A, United States
Posts: 1,042
Didn't he already do an interview with the Telegraph, amongst other papers, before about this?

Well anyway, congrats to him I suppose. On the engagement and getting the help he needed/being in a better place.
Reply With Quote
  #2972  
Old 10-12-2019, 01:17 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 10,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Didn't he already do an interview with the Telegraph, amongst other papers, before about this?

Well anyway, congrats to him I suppose. On the engagement and getting the help he needed/being in a better place.
Yes he has done interviews about suffering depression before. But not since the engagement, so I guess a new spin to it.

Also mental health week, so likely was thought a good tie to help promote talking about mental health.
Reply With Quote
  #2973  
Old 10-12-2019, 03:13 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,931
i wonder how much of kate's work in mental health awareness is related to james' struggle with it. in any case, very much looking forward to the wedding.
__________________
The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization.
http://www.humanesociety.org
Reply With Quote
  #2974  
Old 10-12-2019, 06:57 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/imageserver/image/methode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F59594cfa-e047-39c5-8dac-3e62724b847e.jpg?crop=380%2C570%2C0%2C0&resize=1200


Peter Francis Middleton was born in Leeds in 1920, the third son of Richard Middleton and Olive Lupton, a family of wealthy mill owners and solicitors.

After early tutoring at home with a governess where he developed a love of music and nature, Middleton attended Clifton College, Bristol before gaining a place at Oxford to study English. But within months of his arrival there he joined the RAF Volunteer Reserve.

He was posted to Canada as a flying instructor and it was two and a half years before he finally saw action, joining 605 Squadron at Manston, Kent, in August 1944. Flying Mosquito fighter-bombers, he was detailed to try to tip the wings of German doodlebugs to divert them away from devastating London.

As Germany collapsed he was based in Belgium, Holland and Germany itself before being demobbed in 1946.

His first postwar job was with the Lancashire Aircraft Corporation. In Leeds he courted and later married Valerie Glassborow, a bank manager’s daughter. He was 6ft 2in tall; she was nearly a foot shorter, vivacious and enjoyed all his jokes. They had four sons.

Well before his retirement he had discovered another love: sailing. It had started with the building of small dinghies — the first in the family dining room — that he sailed with his sons on the Thames.

In August 1976 he and his wife set sail from the Hamble in their 35ft ketch Nainjaune to cross the Atlantic. They spent Christmas in the Caribbean and then headed for the Bahamas where the following February, ten miles of the coast of the tiny island of Mayaguana, with a terrible crash they hit a reef.

The boat could not be saved and gathering a few essentials they set out for shore in their life raft. Landing on a deserted beach they made themselves comfortable for the night, dining off Scotch and ginger biscuits. The following day they found the main town.

The Mayaguana people were soon chugging out to examine the broken hull of the Nainjaune and her equipment. The Middletons were invited to visit a local family and found themselves being unabashedly served tea on crockery “borrowed” from their boat.

Returning to England, Middleton continued to sail for the next 20 years. His grandchildren recall the best of times being on the boat when they would respond to his every command by crying out irreverently “Aye, aye, Kipper”. They never tired of spreading the underside of his toast with peanut butter, which he hated but responded to with theatrical good humour.

Middleton had a boundless enthusiasm for life. As well as a keen sailor he was a photographer, writer and carpenter, making tiny tables and chairs for his grandchildren, a pirate ship for them to play on in the garden and repairing pews in his local church.

His 90th birthday party was attended by the whole family and three additional guests, including Prince William. His granddaughter Catherine visited him again on her return from Kenya where Prince William proposed to her last month.

Middleton’s wife Valerie died in 2006 and he leaves four sons and five grandchildren.

- Peter Middleton’s obituary, 27 November 2010.

Great to read about Middleton
At first glance, I thought this is a pic of Elvis Presley
I am loosing it
Reply With Quote
  #2975  
Old 10-12-2019, 10:24 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 5,019
Is Alizee Thevenet a Roman Catholic?
Reply With Quote
  #2976  
Old 10-13-2019, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 4,889
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ove-story.html


More from Alizee's father.
If she really is such a keen skier, perhaps they will opt for a winter wedding and honeymoon?

(But the party in the French village sounds wonderful).
Reply With Quote
  #2977  
Old 10-13-2019, 08:34 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 8,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/imageserv...C0&resize=1200


Peter Francis Middleton was born in Leeds in 1920, the third son of Richard Middleton and Olive Lupton, a family of wealthy mill owners and solicitors.

After early tutoring at home with a governess where he developed a love of music and nature, Middleton attended Clifton College, Bristol before gaining a place at Oxford to study English. But within months of his arrival there he joined the RAF Volunteer Reserve.

He was posted to Canada as a flying instructor and it was two and a half years before he finally saw action, joining 605 Squadron at Manston, Kent, in August 1944. Flying Mosquito fighter-bombers, he was detailed to try to tip the wings of German doodlebugs to divert them away from devastating London.

As Germany collapsed he was based in Belgium, Holland and Germany itself before being demobbed in 1946.

His first postwar job was with the Lancashire Aircraft Corporation. In Leeds he courted and later married Valerie Glassborow, a bank manager’s daughter. He was 6ft 2in tall; she was nearly a foot shorter, vivacious and enjoyed all his jokes. They had four sons.

Well before his retirement he had discovered another love: sailing. It had started with the building of small dinghies — the first in the family dining room — that he sailed with his sons on the Thames.

In August 1976 he and his wife set sail from the Hamble in their 35ft ketch Nainjaune to cross the Atlantic. They spent Christmas in the Caribbean and then headed for the Bahamas where the following February, ten miles of the coast of the tiny island of Mayaguana, with a terrible crash they hit a reef.

The boat could not be saved and gathering a few essentials they set out for shore in their life raft. Landing on a deserted beach they made themselves comfortable for the night, dining off Scotch and ginger biscuits. The following day they found the main town.

The Mayaguana people were soon chugging out to examine the broken hull of the Nainjaune and her equipment. The Middletons were invited to visit a local family and found themselves being unabashedly served tea on crockery “borrowed” from their boat.

Returning to England, Middleton continued to sail for the next 20 years. His grandchildren recall the best of times being on the boat when they would respond to his every command by crying out irreverently “Aye, aye, Kipper”. They never tired of spreading the underside of his toast with peanut butter, which he hated but responded to with theatrical good humour.

Middleton had a boundless enthusiasm for life. As well as a keen sailor he was a photographer, writer and carpenter, making tiny tables and chairs for his grandchildren, a pirate ship for them to play on in the garden and repairing pews in his local church.

His 90th birthday party was attended by the whole family and three additional guests, including Prince William. His granddaughter Catherine visited him again on her return from Kenya where Prince William proposed to her last month.

Middleton’s wife Valerie died in 2006 and he leaves four sons and five grandchildren.

- Peter Middleton’s obituary, 27 November 2010.
We know that Michael's children are Catherine, Philippa and James.
Richard's son is Adam, godfather of Princess Charlotte and who is Peter Middleton's fifth grandchild? (and whose child is he/she?)
Reply With Quote
  #2978  
Old 10-13-2019, 10:03 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Wherever I wish, United States
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
We know that Michael's children are Catherine, Philippa and James.
Richard's son is Adam, godfather of Princess Charlotte and who is Peter Middleton's fifth grandchild? (and whose child is he/she?)
I don't know which Middleton brother she comes from but I believe the fifth grandchild is Lucy Middleton, godmother to Prince Louis.
Reply With Quote
  #2979  
Old 10-13-2019, 10:55 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,670
Lucy is Adam's older sister. Richard's kids. Also, about a year after Peter died, his third son Simon married a younger woman, so it's possible that Simon now has kids.
Reply With Quote
  #2980  
Old 10-13-2019, 11:10 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 8,326
And what is fourth brother's name?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
alqasimi aristocracy armenia bavaria;house;chef;luitpold;ludwig belgian belgian royal family castles charles of wales countess of snowdon countess of wessex crown prince hussein's future wife crown princess victoria current events cypher cyprus danish history denmark duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex dutch history family search foundation french royalty future wife of prince hussein general news germany hamdan bin mohammed harry head of the house henry v house of bourbon house of orange-nassau house of saxe-coburg and gotha king philippe letter lithuanian castles marriage mbs meghan markle mohammed vi monaco christening monaco history monarchist naples nelson mandela bay nobel 2019 official visit palaces potential areas prince harry prince of wales princess anne princess benedikte qe2 romanov family rumania shakespeare south africa south korea spain spanish royal state visit sweden swedish royal family swedish royalty united kingdom usa valois viscount severn


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises
×