The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-05-2019, 09:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Assuming they last and get to the point of marrying..if she is a practicing Catholic she will at minimum have a priest there (dual clergy) as well as the CoE clergy. If she is just a cultural Catholic...not really observant just identifies if asked then she will marry however and the officiant won't matter.

LaRae

Old 01-06-2019, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
If this couple wanted any kind of a relatively private wedding, KP would be the last place that they'd choose. Probably for the same reason that the Cambridges didn't join the family vacation at St. Bart's. Any connection to the royals or place connected to the royals brings with it the zoo that is the media.

We've seen quite a bit of their St. Bart's vacation but had the Cambridges been there, it would be the difference between a stream of media and a tsunami of media.
Precisely. People will already be interested in the wedding due to the connections to Catherine and her connections to the BRF (there's a high chance that George and Charlotte could be included in the bridal party IMO) but even more so if they chose it at such a prominent location. James has always been the more private out of the Middleton siblings so I doubt he would choose such a well known venue.
We have to see and wait if their relationship pans out first!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-06-2019, 04:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Precisely. People will already be interested in the wedding due to the connections to Catherine and her connections to the BRF (there's a high chance that George and Charlotte could be included in the bridal party IMO) but even more so if they chose it at such a prominent location. James has always been the more private out of the Middleton siblings so I doubt he would choose such a well known venue.
We have to see and wait if their relationship pans out first!
I don't know about that. He's the only sibling with social media. He was quite public with Donna Air and he has talked about his love life in interviews where Pippa always avoided talking about her bfs. I think the public has less interest in him so there are less articles about him, but I actually think both his sisters are more low-key than him. Imo, he'd be open to whatever venue his bride wants, so it will depend on his bride's preference, whether she wants quiet and intimate or large and splashy or something intermediate.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I don't know about that. He's the only sibling with social media. He was quite public with Donna Air and he has talked about his love life in interviews where Pippa always avoided talking about her bfs. I think the public has less interest in him so there are less articles about him, but I actually think both his sisters are more low-key than him. Imo, he'd be open to whatever venue his bride wants, so it will depend on his bride's preference, whether she wants quiet and intimate or large and splashy or something intermediate.

Youíre right - the public have always been more interested in Catherine and Pippa than James, so naturally there is less coverage about him (which is what lead me to assume he was a more private person).
I didnít mean to imply that the venue will be what he wants because the couple *both* have a say in the venue, I was just pitching into the discussion about KPís publicity. This is all very premature to discuss; though!

Old 01-07-2019, 11:16 AM
Majesty

Sir Charles Lupton (Catherine’s great-great-great uncle) leads a group of men, including Catherine’s great-great-grandfather, Francis Martineau Lupton in reviewing troops in Leeds, 1915. #DuchessofCambridge

Pic

Via princesspleats Twitter
Old 01-09-2019, 02:32 PM
Administrator

The family departed from St Barts and we get the first good glimpse of cute baby Arthur

** Pic ** dailymail: The holiday's over! Pippa recycles her honeymoon dress as she prepares..** dailymail article 2 **
Old 01-09-2019, 02:34 PM
Majesty

Arthur is very sweet!
Old 01-09-2019, 03:37 PM
Courtier

Carole Middleton is on the cover of new "Point de vue"
https://www.journaux.fr/point-de-vue...te_214118.html
Old 01-09-2019, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess we know what the DoC is going to look like when she's older. Mrs. Middleton looks gorgeous and she & her family have done really well for themselves.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The family departed from St Barts and we get the first good glimpse of cute baby Arthur

** Pic ** dailymail: The holiday's over! Pippa recycles her honeymoon dress as she prepares..** dailymail article 2 **
Pippa has aged quite a bit if you look at those pictures. I guess it's the sleepless nights...
Old 01-09-2019, 04:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarat View Post
Carole Middleton is on the cover of new "Point de vue"
https://www.journaux.fr/point-de-vue...te_214118.html
Great cover
Old 01-09-2019, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Arthur looks like a very sweet baby. I like his outfit and I'm glad we managed to get a good glimpse of him. He reminds me of George a little when he was a baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I guess we know what the DoC is going to look like when she's older. Mrs. Middleton looks gorgeous and she & her family have done really well for themselves.
Carole is almost a clone of Catherine in the cover photo!

Old 01-09-2019, 05:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Pippa has aged quite a bit if you look at those pictures. I guess it's the sleepless nights...
She has always had a 'harder' look (much like Camilla) probably due to the sun exposure and just her natural look...now it's exaggerated due to being a new mom who is probably up every few hours etc.

LaRae
Old 01-10-2019, 02:39 PM
Administrator

The Dailymail has browsed through James Middleton's Instagram account:

** dailymail: Shirtless selfies, rambles with the dogs and even an appearance by Pippa! James Middleton gives a tantalising glimpse..**
Old 01-11-2019, 06:41 PM
Majesty

James Middleton opens up about his battle with depression
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...epression.html
Old 01-11-2019, 07:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
James Middleton opens up about his battle with depression
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...epression.html
Depression is one of the major issues thatís hitting people all across this planet like crazy. Itís truly a silent problem and Iím glad, James Middleton, is opening up about what heís going through. We knew about his dyslexia, but, heís just been diagnosed with ADD.

It doesnít matter: who you are, where you come from and how much money you have - these major issues can hit you and your family. God knows Iíve been dealing with some very deep stuff too.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-11-2019, 07:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm happy to see James Middleton come out and openly talk about his own battles with depression. Too many times when depression hits, the most common feeling is that you're totally alone and no one can understand what you're going through and in open discussions, we find out that we're never alone.

Diagnoses of specific causes are actually the blessing. It lets us know and understand just what factors are there that are causing an impact on our mental health. Knowing the problem is the first step to accepting and understanding how to deal with them.

Knowledge is power.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-11-2019, 11:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Good on him. Glad he seems better and was comfortable to speak out.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:22 AM
Majesty

Francis Martineau Lupton (1848-1921) Businessman and Housing Reformer. A brief biography of Catherine’s great-great grandfather.

Via princesspleats Twitter

There are still streets and buildings around Leeds named after the Lupton family, and many reminders of their contribution over the years to the life and improvement of the city: in industry and commerce, in public service, in education, in housing.

Francis (Frank) Martineau Lupton made his mark in the transforming work of slum clearance, helping to lift the city out of Victorian darkness and squalor. But alongside his public and professional work, he had to endure, like so many others, the unsparing personal tragedies of the First World War.

He had a comfortable, favoured childhood: first at Potternewton Hall, a handsome Queen Anne house, and then at ‘Beechwood’, an impressive mansion set in parkland in Elmete Lane, Roundhay. His father Francis was a partner in the family wool business, while his mother Fanny was active in various social causes, particularly women’s education; her aunt was the writer Harriet Martineau, and this family connection gave Frank his second name. He had three younger brothers, all destined to play a part in the city’s life. After study at Leeds Grammar School, he went on to Trinity College, Cambridge.

Frank joined the family business, William Lupton & Sons, at Whitehall Mills, and in his spare time served in the volunteer Leeds Rifles. In 1880, when he was 32, he married Harriet Davis, daughter of the vicar of St John’s Church, Roundhay, near his home. Five children followed, three sons and two daughters, and they moved to a new, handsome house, ‘Rockland’, at the top of St Mary’s Road, Newton Park, Chapeltown, built on part of the Lupton estate. But tragedy struck in 1892 when Harriet, just after the birth of their second daughter, caught influenza and died. Frank never remarried. A fearsome housekeeper looked after the house and his five children until his daughters could take over.

Frank entered local politics and was elected a Councillor and then Alderman. He had a particular interest in the housing and welfare of the poor, and as a follower of the social reformer Octavia Hill believed ardently in the need to improve and regenerate inner city areas of working class housing. For 10 years from 1896 he chaired the Council’s Unhealthy Areas Committee, set up with new powers to tackle the ‘evil legacy’ of the Leeds slums, breeding grounds for disease and death.

Its first major scheme was to clear the notorious York Street and Quarry Hill areas, with their crumbling, dank yards. Inspections had to be made, prices agreed, tenants moved out, the rotting buildings demolished, rehousing organised – almost four thousand buildings were cleared. Frank led the action, and promoted other more modest schemes, involving selective demolition to create light, air and open spaces, and the regeneration of existing still usable housing. He opposed the Council’s proposal to build flats (‘tenements’) for rehousing and this disagreement triggered his resignation as chairman, but he continued as a member, and later chaired the Council’s Improvement and Finance committees – a long record of dedicated public service.

In 1914 his daughter Olive married a Leeds solicitor, Richard Middleton – a union which has famously linked the family story to the ancestry of the present Duchess of Cambridge. But this happy event was overshadowed by the outbreak of war. All three of Frank’s sons went to the Front. One by one they were killed in action: Maurice, his middle son, in the trenches of Lille in 1915; Lionel, his youngest son, at the Battle of the Somme in 1916, having returned to the Front after being wounded; and Francis, his eldest son, in early 1917, after an agonising wait when he had been declared missing. All three are buried in France.

Frank, a quiet and unassuming man, was said to have borne his losses stoically, but the light had gone out of his life. After the war he let his house ’Rockland’ at a nominal rent for use as a home for the children of soldiers and sailors lost in the war and moved with his daughter to a smaller house. He died soon after, in 1921, and was buried at St John’s Church, Roundhay.

It was said at his funeral that he had ‘brought sunshine to the fetid slums of Leeds’, but his own life lay in shadow.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:51 AM
Majesty

Francis Martineau Lupton

Pic

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth