The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I donīt know about the Queen but even I wouldnīt want her or her family to join my family and that is for sure.
Probably good that you're not William's parent or grandparent, then. As far as I can tell, HM and Prince Charles seem to be fine with having Kate in their grandson/son's life.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 05-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
Probably good that you're not William's parent or grandparent, then. As far as I can tell, HM and Prince Charles seem to be fine with having Kate in their grandson/son's life.
I am pleased that there is someone who knows what the Queen and Prince Charles think. I said that I would not want her, or her family connected to mine.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I am pleased that there is someone who knows what the Queen and Prince Charles think.
I never claimed to know what either of them think; you're misinterpreting my post. If you read what I wrote, you'll note that I said: "As far as I can tell, HM and Prince Charles seem to be fine with having Kate in their grandson/son's life." I don't think you have to have access to people's brains to observe that their gestures, like inviting Kate to family events, suggest their tacit approval.

Bottom line: the last thing I want to do is get into this spiteful go around again about whether or not Kate is the worst woman in the entire world or the best thing since sliced bread. It's silly, petty, and it never goes anywhere.

HM The Queen
Old 05-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taree View Post
----contrary to what some may wish to believe she has been observed staggering drunk from clubs and wriggling around on the floor like a worm, while some friend did a conga over her.
You must have been privy to more than was available in the entire media to state this. From what has been available to the rest of us mere mortals, I can't say I have ever seen any evidence of Kate staggering drunk or wriggling around on the floor. We did see a couple of photo's of her after she had taken a tumble while on roller skates.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Time to move on.

Time to end the discussion regarding James' Middleton's birthday party. Its also time to end the comments regarding on what the Royal Family thinks of Kate Middleton and her family. Its also time to move on from discussing Kate's unproven antics. Unless someone can produce pictures and/or legit news sources, its all speculation.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the British moderators and/or TRF administrators via PM.

Thank you.

Zonk

Old 05-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Administrator

The thread for Kate Middleton: Family, Wealth and Background is now reopened.

Several posts have been deleted as they were posted after my warning that it was time to move on. If anyone had a problem with my warning, than by all means please feel free to discuss this with me via PM.

What is not acceptable is continuing to talk over me and disregard my warning. I would like to remind everyone of the following that that EVERYONE agreed to when they joined The Royal Forums:

• It is mandatory to comply with instructions posted by the moderators and administrators. Complaints about moderator actions should not be made in the threads; instead, send a private message to the moderator concerned or an administrator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or an administrator; do not repost deleted material or interfere with moderator edits.
If anyone has any questions, please contact any of the British moderators and/or TRF administrators via PM.

Thank you.

Zonk

Old 05-08-2009, 02:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
I never claimed to know what either of them think; you're misinterpreting my post. If you read what I wrote, you'll note that I said: "As far as I can tell, HM and Prince Charles seem to be fine with having Kate in their grandson/son's life." I don't think you have to have access to people's brains to observe that their gestures, like inviting Kate to family events, suggest their tacit approval.

Bottom line: the last thing I want to do is get into this spiteful go around again about whether or not Kate is the worst woman in the entire world or the best thing since sliced bread. It's silly, petty, and it never goes anywhere.
I see that my post saying that up until now Kate doesnīt seem to have been invited to what I would call family events has been deleted.
Never have I said that Kate is the worst woman in the entire world, in fact in this post by Ella K is the very first time I have read these words written about her.
I donīt think it is silly or petty to mention that she does not, in my opinion appear to be the right person to be a future Queen of England, or does her family seem to be the right family to be linked with the royal family in the future.
Kate seems to have had advice about how to deal with the media and has wisely kept out of sight or she really isnīt seeing that much of the Prince,and that could be for any number of reasons so there is not much to say about her lately.
Her sister seems to be keeping a low profile, so there doesnīt seem to be anything to say about her.
Her brother seems to be unable to do the same thing but we have to move on from his antics.
Her father seems to be working hard to make his money and is never seen.
Her mother appears occasionally with her children shopping and the unmentionable time when James .......
The wealth, whether there are fairy tales or not about it seems to have been made and is still being made.
So really this thread about Kate Middleton, her family and family wealth seems to have died a natural death and has been reduced to little innuendos about people being catty and spiteful (which have not been deleted I notice but seem to be an attack on anyone having a different opinion).
Why have a thread about Kate and her family when it canīt be discussed?
That is my question.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

The posts that were deleted had precious little to do with Kate's family, they were the usual tired old criticisms of Kate and how much or little she works and whether she's discreet and how much she drinks and whether she'd be a suitable wife for William. If the discussion about her family has died a death, that's fine - just let it die. The lack of on-topic content doesn't mean that off-topic stuff is welcome, especially after repeated requests by one of the forum moderators to drop the off-topic stuff.

Also, please note that Zonk's post said that people who had questions about moderator actions should address them to a moderator by PM. Not by continuing to derail the thread. So if you want to respond to this post, please do it by PM, or don't complain if yet another off-topic post is deleted.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Having very recently endured a Princess themed party, the range is a success as far as the dozens of little girls were concerned.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Never have I said that Kate is the worst woman in the entire world, in fact in this post by Ella K is the very first time I have read these words written about her.
I wasn't quoting you, Menarue.

HM The Queen
Old 05-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Having very recently endured a Princess themed party, the range is a success as far as the dozens of little girls were concerned.

I could very well believe it.

One of my colleagues has a 6 year old (well she is 6 now having had a birthday this week) and when her mother said that she could have a birthday party and choose a theme - only one came from said 6 year old - I want a Princess party like Naomi (a little friend who had had one couple of weeks ago). According to the mother her little 6 year old has attended 7 Princess and 5 Fairy tale themed birthday parties in the last year and guess what - the mother has no interest in the Royals and has never heard of Kate Middleton (well as she admitted she might have heard the name but it has never registered in her consciousness).

From this I would say that Princess themed parties are just a common theme for little girls and nothing to get worked up about regarding Kate's family who, after all, sell party things for children so Princess themes would be a logical one to have.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

There was a princess-theme-party layout in the local paper today. It was some kind of community event for children. They could get their pictures taken with Cinderella, and all the little girls were dressed in tiaras and satiny long dresses. The princess theme is very, very popular. The Middletons would have to be complete dunces not to include this gear in their party business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
From this I would say that Princess themed parties are just a common theme for little girls and nothing to get worked up about regarding Kate's family who, after all, sell party things for children so Princess themes would be a logical one to have.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
There was a princess-theme-party layout in the local paper today. It was some kind of community event for children. They could get their pictures taken with Cinderella, and all the little girls were dressed in tiaras and satiny long dresses. The princess theme is very, very popular. The Middletons would have to be complete dunces not to include this gear in their party business.

I couldn't agree more, which is why I regard it as a beat up to say that they are cashing in on Kate's relationship with William.

Princess theme parties have been popular with little girls for generations and will be for many more.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:35 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Kate's brother James landed a major promo-story for his bakery business in this week's Hello! by doing 21 cakes with Hello! front cover stories from the last 21 years.

Of course when asked whether he would produce the wedding cake for his sister and Prince William he just smiled ... and yes, now everybody knows that James can do fancy cakes. Should be worth something in credit crunch times.

HELLO! - The place for daily celebrity news - hellomagazine.com
Old 05-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Gentry

I'm not comfortable with the way this family seem to use their royal connections for their own gains. No one would care about the 18 month old mail order cake company of a 22 year old university drop out if his sister were not dating the second in line. Obviously, the Middletons cannot stop the press from talking about them and gaining publicity from that, but granting interviews seems to be going too far, imo.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that if James "just smiled" when his sister was brought into the conversation, he's not using Kate's relationship with Prince William to help his business. Someone really using the connection would talk it up more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principessa Cano View Post
I'm not comfortable with the way this family seem to use their royal connections for their own gains. No one would care about the 18 month old mail order cake company of a 22 year old university drop out if his sister were not dating the second in line. Obviously, the Middletons cannot stop the press from talking about them and gaining publicity from that, but granting interviews seems to be going too far, imo.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

I had a princess theme party for my 3rd and 4th birthdays then fairy themed parties until I was 6 haha. The press acted like it's something new bc of Kate... Little girls have had those themes since Disney became huge.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principessa Cano View Post
This isn't the first time. There was also an article in Tatler a couple of months ago.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I think that if James "just smiled" when his sister was brought into the conversation, he's not using Kate's relationship with Prince William to help his business. Someone really using the connection would talk it up more.
I donīt think James needs to do anything more than smile, he wouldnīt have been there at all if he wasnīt Kateīs brother.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I donīt think James needs to do anything more than smile, he wouldnīt have been there at all if he wasnīt Kateīs brother.
Exactly - why the ludricous idea of producing cakes with Hello! covers in the first place if not for the sake of promoting James Middleton's business that is only interesting because it is owned by the brother of Prince William's girlfriend.

It's the usual cheap self promotion this family has come up with and not for the first time, as Little_star said.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth