The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-14-2017, 01:18 PM
Majesty

Honestly getting and invitation to the wedding ceremony which had a tiny guest list compared to the evening ceremony which was at least triple, seems to speak more to a closeness IMO. Basically anyone they knew could be invited to the evening event.

The story just reminds us that every family has their black sheep/bad apple. When we are criticizing certain people for their bad apple family members with big mouths

As for James Middleton and his business, perhaps it is time for him to take a step back from his 'business ventures'. If he keeps going the way he is, even his family like his brother in law, aren't going to keep throwing good money after bad. This is what his second business that has failed majorly?

Old 10-14-2017, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it's his second, though the marshmallows may be revived. They are on life support at the moment!

Old 10-14-2017, 01:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hitting women is the lowest of the lowest thing to do.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-14-2017, 01:52 PM
Nobility

OH MY! His wife looks exactly like Carole! I thought it was his sister in the photo. Perhaps it was and the photo was mis-captioned. Wouldn't be the first time the Daily Fail messed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Honestly getting and invitation to the wedding ceremony which had a tiny guest list compared to the evening ceremony which was at least triple, seems to speak more to a closeness IMO. Basically anyone they knew could be invited to the evening event.
I see it the other way. Because they were excluded from the big events, it seems like a way to not cause a big kerfuffle in the family and yet still prevent him from ruining the party. It's hard to act up during a short church ceremony - far easier to act up during a long day and night of partying.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:08 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I do think that the only reason he was at the royal wedding was because he was "family" and an obligatory invite.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
I see it the other way. Because they were excluded from the big events, it seems like a way to not cause a big kerfuffle in the family and yet still prevent him from ruining the party. It's hard to act up during a short church ceremony - far easier to act up during a long day and night of partying.
There was a day time reception after the ceremony, which anyone at the church would have been at so plenty of time to make issue.

When you can fit only 100 or so people in a church you have to be far more selective about who you invite. If you make the cut off for 100 people that speaks higher then being invited to the 400+ reception.

The evening reception can also be seen more as a party, for friends and such. An after party.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I don't think they are as close with Gary any loner.Gary was only invited to Pippa's ceremony – not the evening party at the mansion

Rodger Federer and his wife, Vogue fashion editor Serena Hood got invites to the evening party
I think he's semi-close to James Middleton. I remember a few years ago Gary gave an interview, they asked him about how much contact he has with the Middletons and he said he has Carole and James's phone numbers and tries to talk with the two regularly, and that the pair would pass along messages to Catherine and Pippa for him. So it sounds like his nieces and brother-in-law don't have much involvement with him, but this incident is probably very hurtful for Carole and James, the two have already given him many chances and he hasn't honored that loyalty.

But most of all I feel badly for Tallulah. A man that will hit his wife will have no qualms striking his daughter. I know she primarily lives with her mother but going forward her visits with her father should be restricted or supervised. I believe his wife also has a daughter from a previous relationship, so if she doesn't leave the relationship for herself she should do it for her daughter, set an example.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

A number of off-topic posts have been deleted. Let's please stay on-topic.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:19 PM
Nobility

I feel badly for the daughter and I feel badly for Kate. I hope Uncle Gary is not expecting BP to reach in and get the charges dropped.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I feel badly for the daughter and I feel badly for Kate. I hope Uncle Gary is not expecting BP to reach in and get the charges dropped.
Poor Tallulah. Not only does she have to struggle to accept her father's actions but she has to deal with the shame of it being on the front pages.

Young William was teased in school because his parents selfishly aired their dirty laundry in the media, as much as I'd like to believe we are living in a more compassionate time, I doubt the teens at her school will leave her unscathed over this.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:00 PM
Nobility

I hope Tallulah has some solid and true friends around her.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:26 PM
Majesty

Donna Air steps out for first time since split news | Daily Mail Online

Donna Air as seen for the first time after split with James Middleton
Old 10-16-2017, 05:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Donna Air as seen for the first time after split with James Middleton
When did they break up? First time I’ve heard of it.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

First time for me too. Although, the DM had said they split up before. James and Donna mentioned that they were wrong. A correction had to be made.

It can’t be easy for such a young man dating a mature woman with a teenager. At her age, you know what you want. At his age, you’re still trying to figure it out.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Serene Highness

Hello! magazine is already denying the split rumor citing a source close to the couple. Considering Donna works for Hello! as a style editor I'd say their source is probably much more accurate than the Daily Fail.

This is not the first split claim that the Sun or Fail has fabricated about the couple only to then have to quickly retract. If I had to guess, I'd say the tabloids are bored of James and Donna coasting along as a quiet/private couple and are trying to prod them into either marrying or splitting. The status quo isn't selling well.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

James and Donna are STILL On!
Donna Air is 'still dating James Middleton' | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-21-2017, 09:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
"It was said to be off" .... What would the Fail do without the passive tense?
Old 10-21-2017, 09:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
"It was said to be off" .... What would the Fail do without the passive tense?
"We lied and said they were off. Oopsie."
Old 10-21-2017, 09:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
"We lied and said they were off. Oopsie."
Or even "our sources were misinformed."
Old 10-21-2017, 09:52 PM
Serene Highness

I'm mostly annoyed at what a sloppy lie it was. But like I said a few posts above, I believe they knew darn well that they were fabricating the story, they just want to provoke the couple. They tried this same stunt against the couple in Fall 2015, and in Fall 2016. Each time having to retract the bogus split claim. So this isn't an accident caused by a bad source, this is pattern of misbehavior, an agenda.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth