The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-14-2017, 04:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Absolutely lovely photo with an absolutely garbage article.

The Daily Mail is always bad but their use of the term "Red Indian" was particularly egregious.

Still- nice to see this old photo

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 01-17-2017, 02:27 AM
Majesty

Dragons' Den pal turns Middleton's marshmallow firm around | Daily Mail Online

Old 01-22-2017, 11:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nice video of The Middletons at Uncle Gary Middletons Wedding 1991-
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/267383...-unseen-snaps/

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-22-2017, 05:18 PM
Majesty

The little video clip is great! Catherine was cheerful and friendly, the same way that she is over 20 years later. I just love her.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:17 AM
Majesty

Donna Air treated for stress after James Middleton split | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-15-2017, 07:56 AM
Majesty

What is Donna trying to achieve by getting her name in the press and talking about her relationship with James? You can call the Middleton's many things, but the one thing they are is discrete. I am sure articles like this do nothing to ingratiate her with the Middleton's.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:17 AM
Majesty

Donna Air and Kate's brother James Middleton lucky in love | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-19-2017, 05:51 AM
Heir Apparent

The article seems to be working hard to spin the negatives. BTW she seems like a lovely woman. First I've seen her 'live'. So when is that marriage happening?
Old 03-05-2017, 07:17 AM
Heir Apparent

An article from a few years ago that sort of puts it all in perspective.

Quote:
Uncle G should be welcomed, not vilified, for spicing things up a bit. He is only the latest in a long line of waifs and strays who have found themselves on the fringes of royal circles because a relative happened to marry into the firm. See the 9th Earl Spencer, with his seven children from three different wives and a string of affairs that led to him briefly being dubbed “Lord Lovecheat” and “Lord of the Flings”.

Or the late Major Ronald Ferguson, who in 1988 was found to be a member of the Wigmore Club, a massage parlour in London staffed by girls dressed in “starched white medical gowns”, who allegedly offered members sexual services. Then there is Tom Parker Bowles, arrested in 1995 for possession of marijuana and Ecstasy, and exposed in 1999 as a cocaine user.

As ever, the most interesting people in the Royal family are not actually part of it – they just happen to be distantly related to it. Though that is not to say that the royals aren’t without their own flaws and foibles.

The antics of self-made Uncle G, who pulled himself up from a house in Hounslow and made his first million before his 30th birthday, seem pretty tame and inoffensive when compared with those of Prince William’s uncle, Air Miles Andy. Now there’s a black sheep, a man who used up vast amounts of public money on airfares while working as UK trade envoy, and who would probably have continued to do so had his friendships with the likes of Libyan gun smugglers (Tarek Kaituni) and paedophiles (Jeffrey Epstein) not been publicly questioned

Rita Clifton, a brand expert, believes that Uncle Gary is vital to the Middletons.

“I think there is a long and rich tradition in this country of good old English eccentricity, without which most families would not exist.” Uncle G, with his fondness for chicken livers and 1999 vintage Château de Sales-Pomerol, certainly fits the bill.
Read more: Every royal family needs an Uncle Gary - Telegraph
Old 03-05-2017, 09:11 AM
Courtier

Interesting publicity pic. - for the 30 Years PP blog! No way was that one going to make it's way into the media!
Old 03-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Serene Highness

Katie Readman is one of James Middleton's best friends. Pre-Donna, the tabloid media often tried to ship the two. I know she's been dating a man named Fred Schiff since 2014. Anyways, I came across an engagement announcement in the Telegraph for a Katie Readman and a Fred Schiff.

Mr F.J.A. Schiff and Miss K.A. Readman - Engagements Announcements - Telegraph Announcements

It's either them, or a big coincidence. If it's them, congrats!
Old 03-21-2017, 03:59 AM
Majesty

"Chocolate eggs are favourites: Mrs Middleton cracks Easter with a series of banal tips on how to celebrate "

Carole Middleton writes series of banal tips on Easter | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-05-2017, 08:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"Chocolate eggs are favourites: Mrs Middleton cracks Easter with a series of banal tips on how to celebrate "

Carole Middleton writes series of banal tips on Easter | Daily Mail Online
What a poisonous article. I mean, just truly ugly in a way that these folks have never done anything to earn. Carole was basically writing ad copy- promotional material for her business. That's what it looks like! We don't expect new and exciting writing from commercials for any other kind of business, why should hers be any different?
Old 04-05-2017, 11:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
What a poisonous article. I mean, just truly ugly in a way that these folks have never done anything to earn. Carole was basically writing ad copy- promotional material for her business. That's what it looks like! We don't expect new and exciting writing from commercials for any other kind of business, why should hers be any different?
I am sorry but we aren't talking commercials.

Yes when I read an article written with tips, I expect some real tips. Seems along the lines of why Pippas book was such a flop. People expect a party planner to have tips that a preschool teacher couldn't come up with themselves. Just like I expect cookbooks to give me good recipes, I expect advice columns to give advice.

I think they get a lot of undue criticism. I will totally give them that. But when it comes to publishing articles, I hold them to same standards. This wasn't a commercial or ad for her business. It was a magazine article she wrote on Easter parties.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I am sorry but we aren't talking commercials.

Yes when I read an article written with tips, I expect some real tips. Seems along the lines of why Pippas book was such a flop. People expect a party planner to have tips that a preschool teacher couldn't come up with themselves. Just like I expect cookbooks to give me good recipes, I expect advice columns to give advice.

I think they get a lot of undue criticism. I will totally give them that. But when it comes to publishing articles, I hold them to same standards. This wasn't a commercial or ad for her business. It was a magazine article she wrote on Easter parties.

Really? Did you notice they didn't link to the article or name the publication? I just did a search for it and it's not coming up. It sounds like the pretty standard kind of sponsored content often pushed in magazines as business promotion.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Happy 30th Birthday to Mr. James Middleton!

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-15-2017, 01:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Really? Did you notice they didn't link to the article or name the publication? I just did a search for it and it's not coming up. It sounds like the pretty standard kind of sponsored content often pushed in magazines as business promotion.
Pretty quick google search

Shopping: Spring with Carole Middleton - Baby London

Relieved to see it was a cheap advertisement and no magazine paid for such kindergarten advice. Get better ideas from Pinterest.

But since the magazine didn't pay anything and advice is free, well good for Carole. Now if I wasted money on Pippas book I'd be asking for a refund.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:55 PM
Majesty

Michael Middleton walking Pippa up the aisle will be his third time

Michael Middleton's third walk up the aisle with Pippa
Old 05-17-2017, 01:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Nice video of The Middletons at Uncle Gary Middletons Wedding 1991-
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/267383...-unseen-snaps/
This video is a very sweet video of 'Uncle Gary's Wedding'. In the church I was wondering who the little boy was that looks so much like George (imo), and voila! it is a very smartly dressed little James Middelton. Prince George looks like James at that age. Yes he does.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't see much similarity to James.

LaRae

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth