The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2621  
Old 01-08-2017, 02:43 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,631
The whole party were at Sandringham.

Video Report:
http://www.itv.com/news/2017-01-08/t...er-heavy-cold/
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #2622  
Old 01-08-2017, 03:33 PM
lady of hay's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: around the uk, United Kingdom
Posts: 315
Just a thought but , given that The Duchess of Cambridge was not confirmed until shortly before her marriage to Prince William, I have to wonder at just how religious the Middletons actually are.

Is it a case of "We were there ,so we went instead of attending our usual church" or "we had better go because we are guests ( or not as the case may be ) of HM. "

My thoughts, what about everyone else ????
__________________

__________________
Truth is the daughter of time.
Reply With Quote
  #2623  
Old 01-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 6,240
Faith is a very personal thing. I know people who attend church on a regular basis who aren't very nice.

I also know people who attend church a few times a year and yet they are deeply religious.

As for the Middletons, no idea how often they attend church.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2624  
Old 01-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
Just a thought but , given that The Duchess of Cambridge was not confirmed until shortly before her marriage to Prince William, I have to wonder at just how religious the Middletons actually are.

Is it a case of "We were there ,so we went instead of attending our usual church" or "we had better go because we are guests ( or not as the case may be ) of HM. "

My thoughts, what about everyone else ????
I don't think they are particularly religious, the Midds or W&K. I think they go because its the right thing to do and its expected of them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2625  
Old 01-08-2017, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
Just a thought but , given that The Duchess of Cambridge was not confirmed until shortly before her marriage to Prince William, I have to wonder at just how religious the Middletons actually are.

Is it a case of "We were there ,so we went instead of attending our usual church" or "we had better go because we are guests ( or not as the case may be ) of HM. "

My thoughts, what about everyone else ????
IMHO a person's faith is their personal relationship between themselves and their deity. As Rudolph points out there are those who attend services regularly but who don't follow their faith's "golden rule." On the other hand there are those who steadfastly follow that rule and pray, but attend services infrequently or not at all.

The Middletons must be aware of how religious QEII is and that she faithfully attends when she can, but I doubt that she'd impose that upon any of her guests. If the invitation to attend was offered, it seems that they wanted to be there.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2626  
Old 01-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 6,240
How religious the Middletons are or how often they attend church is off topic imo. The current events thread for British royals will descend into yet another session of Middleton bashing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2627  
Old 01-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
it is a reasonable assumption as they walked to/from the church with HMQ's Lady in Waiting and friend, Lady Susan Hussey.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Queen hosted them all at Sandringham before / after church to celebrate Kate's birthday a day early.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2628  
Old 01-08-2017, 07:47 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the Queen hosted them all at Sandringham before / after church to celebrate Kate's birthday a day early.
i have no proof but my thought was that HMQ might have hosted a lunch for the group.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #2629  
Old 01-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,510
Your thought is very reasonable IMO. Everyone can congregate at the Big House and enjoy time together.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2630  
Old 01-09-2017, 12:37 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 7,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
We DON'T know this.
We DO known that Middletons were at Sandringham before and after the service.
No we don't know they were set sandringham house, the big house. There are no photos, no confirmation. No reason to think the recently I'll queen has invited the extended Middleton family to stay in her private house.

What we know is they were seen walking to and from church from the sabdringham, Estate. This is very different from the house. A,Meg hell is located in the estate. This is a ten bedroom mansion.

You think it is more likely the queen is housing her grandsons in laws then it us that her parents, brother and sister are staying in the six guest bedrooms in her mansion
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2631  
Old 01-09-2017, 01:05 AM
hel hel is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
No we don't know they were set sandringham house, the big house. There are no photos, no confirmation. No reason to think the recently I'll queen has invited the extended Middleton family to stay in her private house.

What we know is they were seen walking to and from church from the sabdringham, Estate. This is very different from the house. A,Meg hell is located in the estate. This is a ten bedroom mansion.

You think it is more likely the queen is housing her grandsons in laws then it us that her parents, brother and sister are staying in the six guest bedrooms in her mansion
Spheno said nothing about the Middletons sleeping there, only that they were at Sandringham House. And that's by far the most logical conclusion, based on the following:

They came up the private path from Sandringham House.

The house at Anmer is approximately 5 km away from the church. They are very unlikely to have gone for a five km hike over public, country, roads with press/photographers and members of the public around, some of them in 4+ inch heels.

The most likely course of events was that they drove to Sandringham House from Anmer Hall, left the cars there, and walked to the church.

The only question, really, is whether they went into Sandringham House (which, really, is what I'm guessing Spheno is actually claiming but please correct me if I'm wrong, Spheno). Personally, while there's no proof either way, I strongly suspect that the Queen would never leave family members, the in-laws and friends of those family members, or one of the highest peers in England, hanging outside on her driveway.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2632  
Old 01-09-2017, 01:51 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Spheno said nothing about the Middletons sleeping there, only that they were at Sandringham House. And that's by far the most logical conclusion, based on the following:

They came up the private path from Sandringham House.

The house at Anmer is approximately 5 km away from the church. They are very unlikely to have gone for a five km hike over public, country, roads with press/photographers and members of the public around, some of them in 4+ inch heels.

The most likely course of events was that they drove to Sandringham House from Anmer Hall, left the cars there, and walked to the church.

The only question, really, is whether they went into Sandringham House (which, really, is what I'm guessing Spheno is actually claiming but please correct me if I'm wrong, Spheno). Personally, while there's no proof either way, I strongly suspect that the Queen would never leave family members, the in-laws and friends of those family members, or one of the highest peers in England, hanging outside on her driveway.
Excellent work. You countered that post with logic, I love when common sense prevails.

In addition, as Cepe mentioned on the previous page, they walked the path with HM's lady-in-waiting. I doubt the Queen would invite in Lady Susan for tea/lunch while leaving the rest of the group outside her house uninvited. I think some posters let their dislike color their analysis.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2633  
Old 01-09-2017, 03:28 AM
PetticoatLane's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: A Small Town, United Kingdom
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I think some posters let their dislike color their analysis.
This sentence basically sums up TRF and posting on the British royals in particular.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2634  
Old 01-09-2017, 04:00 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 10,173
What we need to do is stick to the facts. Its not about liking or disliking someone or debating where someone's "place" is or the advantage of taking Clutch Purse Shield 101 at your local community college. Its about what we know to be true.

Did the Cambridges and the Middletons go to the Big House for any reason at all? We'll never know as whatever happened there, stays there and was private.

We know the Middletons were in Norfolk
We know the Middletons walked to church
We know it was Kate's birthday weekend.
We know the Queen is back in action again.

Everything else is pure speculation.
__________________
To finish the moment, to find the journey's end in every step of the road, to live the greatest numbers of good hours, is wisdom.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #2635  
Old 01-09-2017, 06:40 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,631
The party walked to church from Sandringham. When you see the royals and their guest walking to church on the Sandringham estate, they are departing from Sandringham House.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #2636  
Old 01-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 6,240
A picture of Carole Middleton with The Marquess of Cholmondeley on their way to church. A friend and neighbor of William and Catherine, he's The Lord Great Chamberlain, one of the Great Officers of State.

https://twitter.com/RegalEyes/status/818060439108157440
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2637  
Old 01-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 7,671
We saw Kate and William attending the big charity dinner a taste of Norfolk at their estate.

No surprise when Kate and William moved to Amner, the daily fail decided to try and sell papers making a competition between the two ladies. Who was richer? Who had better style? Even compared their similar families. They sure love pitting women against each other or at least trying to make people think that way
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2638  
Old 01-09-2017, 03:25 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
We saw Kate and William attending the big charity dinner a taste of Norfolk at their estate.

No surprise when Kate and William moved to Amner, the daily fail decided to try and sell papers making a competition between the two ladies. Who was richer? Who had better style? Even compared their similar families. They sure love pitting women against each other or at least trying to make people think that way
Sounds like the daily fail.
__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
Reply With Quote
  #2639  
Old 01-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,631
Kate Middleton's mother Carole celebrates 30th anniversary of Party Pieces | Daily Mail Online

Happy 30th Anniversary to Party Pieces and to the Middleton family.

Picture:
http://thecambridgees.tumblr.com/pos...ating-30-years
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #2640  
Old 01-14-2017, 04:54 AM
eya eya is offline
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 9,796


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-millions.html
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
archduchess marie astrid birthday canada carl gustaf chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess victoria crown princess victoria daytime fashion current events denmark duchess of cambridge style duke of york family general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín jewels king felipe king felipe vi king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein meme monarchy news pablo urdangarín portugal prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar princess alexandra of luxembourg princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess margaretha of luxembourg princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia sofia spain state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge hats uae nature victoria visit from spain zog



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises