Old 01-08-2017, 02:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

The whole party were at Sandringham.

Video Report:
http://www.itv.com/news/2017-01-08/t...er-heavy-cold/

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-08-2017, 03:33 PM
Nobility

Just a thought but , given that The Duchess of Cambridge was not confirmed until shortly before her marriage to Prince William, I have to wonder at just how religious the Middletons actually are.

Is it a case of "We were there ,so we went instead of attending our usual church" or "we had better go because we are guests ( or not as the case may be ) of HM. "

My thoughts, what about everyone else ????

Old 01-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Faith is a very personal thing. I know people who attend church on a regular basis who aren't very nice.

I also know people who attend church a few times a year and yet they are deeply religious.

As for the Middletons, no idea how often they attend church.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
Just a thought but , given that The Duchess of Cambridge was not confirmed until shortly before her marriage to Prince William, I have to wonder at just how religious the Middletons actually are.

Is it a case of "We were there ,so we went instead of attending our usual church" or "we had better go because we are guests ( or not as the case may be ) of HM. "

I don't think they are particularly religious, the Midds or W&K. I think they go because its the right thing to do and its expected of them.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post

IMHO a person's faith is their personal relationship between themselves and their deity. As Rudolph points out there are those who attend services regularly but who don't follow their faith's "golden rule." On the other hand there are those who steadfastly follow that rule and pray, but attend services infrequently or not at all.

The Middletons must be aware of how religious QEII is and that she faithfully attends when she can, but I doubt that she'd impose that upon any of her guests. If the invitation to attend was offered, it seems that they wanted to be there.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

How religious the Middletons are or how often they attend church is off topic imo. The current events thread for British royals will descend into yet another session of Middleton bashing.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
it is a reasonable assumption as they walked to/from the church with HMQ's Lady in Waiting and friend, Lady Susan Hussey.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Queen hosted them all at Sandringham before / after church to celebrate Kate's birthday a day early.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the Queen hosted them all at Sandringham before / after church to celebrate Kate's birthday a day early.
i have no proof but my thought was that HMQ might have hosted a lunch for the group.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Your thought is very reasonable IMO. Everyone can congregate at the Big House and enjoy time together.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
We DON'T know this.
We DO known that Middletons were at Sandringham before and after the service.
No we don't know they were set sandringham house, the big house. There are no photos, no confirmation. No reason to think the recently I'll queen has invited the extended Middleton family to stay in her private house.

What we know is they were seen walking to and from church from the sabdringham, Estate. This is very different from the house. A,Meg hell is located in the estate. This is a ten bedroom mansion.

You think it is more likely the queen is housing her grandsons in laws then it us that her parents, brother and sister are staying in the six guest bedrooms in her mansion
Old 01-09-2017, 01:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
No we don't know they were set sandringham house, the big house. There are no photos, no confirmation. No reason to think the recently I'll queen has invited the extended Middleton family to stay in her private house.

What we know is they were seen walking to and from church from the sabdringham, Estate. This is very different from the house. A,Meg hell is located in the estate. This is a ten bedroom mansion.

You think it is more likely the queen is housing her grandsons in laws then it us that her parents, brother and sister are staying in the six guest bedrooms in her mansion
Spheno said nothing about the Middletons sleeping there, only that they were at Sandringham House. And that's by far the most logical conclusion, based on the following:

They came up the private path from Sandringham House.

The house at Anmer is approximately 5 km away from the church. They are very unlikely to have gone for a five km hike over public, country, roads with press/photographers and members of the public around, some of them in 4+ inch heels.

The most likely course of events was that they drove to Sandringham House from Anmer Hall, left the cars there, and walked to the church.

The only question, really, is whether they went into Sandringham House (which, really, is what I'm guessing Spheno is actually claiming but please correct me if I'm wrong, Spheno). Personally, while there's no proof either way, I strongly suspect that the Queen would never leave family members, the in-laws and friends of those family members, or one of the highest peers in England, hanging outside on her driveway.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Spheno said nothing about the Middletons sleeping there, only that they were at Sandringham House. And that's by far the most logical conclusion, based on the following:

They came up the private path from Sandringham House.

The house at Anmer is approximately 5 km away from the church. They are very unlikely to have gone for a five km hike over public, country, roads with press/photographers and members of the public around, some of them in 4+ inch heels.

The most likely course of events was that they drove to Sandringham House from Anmer Hall, left the cars there, and walked to the church.

The only question, really, is whether they went into Sandringham House (which, really, is what I'm guessing Spheno is actually claiming but please correct me if I'm wrong, Spheno). Personally, while there's no proof either way, I strongly suspect that the Queen would never leave family members, the in-laws and friends of those family members, or one of the highest peers in England, hanging outside on her driveway.
Excellent work. You countered that post with logic, I love when common sense prevails.

In addition, as Cepe mentioned on the previous page, they walked the path with HM's lady-in-waiting. I doubt the Queen would invite in Lady Susan for tea/lunch while leaving the rest of the group outside her house uninvited. I think some posters let their dislike color their analysis.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I think some posters let their dislike color their analysis.
This sentence basically sums up TRF and posting on the British royals in particular.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:00 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What we need to do is stick to the facts. Its not about liking or disliking someone or debating where someone's "place" is or the advantage of taking Clutch Purse Shield 101 at your local community college. Its about what we know to be true.

Did the Cambridges and the Middletons go to the Big House for any reason at all? We'll never know as whatever happened there, stays there and was private.

We know the Middletons were in Norfolk
We know the Middletons walked to church
We know it was Kate's birthday weekend.
We know the Queen is back in action again.

Everything else is pure speculation.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

The party walked to church from Sandringham. When you see the royals and their guest walking to church on the Sandringham estate, they are departing from Sandringham House.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

A picture of Carole Middleton with The Marquess of Cholmondeley on their way to church. A friend and neighbor of William and Catherine, he's The Lord Great Chamberlain, one of the Great Officers of State.

https://twitter.com/RegalEyes/status/818060439108157440
Old 01-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Majesty

We saw Kate and William attending the big charity dinner a taste of Norfolk at their estate.

No surprise when Kate and William moved to Amner, the daily fail decided to try and sell papers making a competition between the two ladies. Who was richer? Who had better style? Even compared their similar families. They sure love pitting women against each other or at least trying to make people think that way
Old 01-09-2017, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
We saw Kate and William attending the big charity dinner a taste of Norfolk at their estate.

No surprise when Kate and William moved to Amner, the daily fail decided to try and sell papers making a competition between the two ladies. Who was richer? Who had better style? Even compared their similar families. They sure love pitting women against each other or at least trying to make people think that way
Sounds like the daily fail.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kate Middleton's mother Carole celebrates 30th anniversary of Party Pieces | Daily Mail Online

Happy 30th Anniversary to Party Pieces and to the Middleton family.

Picture:
http://thecambridgees.tumblr.com/pos...ating-30-years

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-14-2017, 04:54 AM
Majesty

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-millions.html

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth