The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-29-2016, 07:46 AM
Majesty

I think that quality time is a the main issue here. Plus, as much as the Middleton act as aristos, they certainly have a more "hands-on" routine that the royal family, and that can influence a lot with spending time with grandchildren.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:25 AM
Courtier

When have the Middleton act as Aristos?

Old 11-29-2016, 08:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
When have the Middleton act as Aristos?
It is my strong view of all of them. I think the whole family, exept Mike, like the attention a lot,and I don't care if I get attacked by those who think differently.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:31 AM
Courtier

So liking attention is only something Aristos do?
So I can now call the Kardashians Aristocrat? Good to know!
Old 11-29-2016, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I think that quality time is a the main issue here. Plus, as much as the Middleton act as aristos, they certainly have a more "hands-on" routine that the royal family, and that can influence a lot with spending time with grandchildren.

I'd like an example of when they acted as Aristos (and how do Aristos act in this day and age anyway?).

LaRae
Old 11-29-2016, 11:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't think it was done deliberately at all. I'd put it down more to opportunity and availability. The Middletons had an every day 9 to 5 kind of an existence with their family business and being the bosses, could make time for family anytime that they wanted to. On the other hand, William's family has daily planners that are filled very far in advance and most likely, to maybe even attend Margaret Rhodes' memorial/funeral service, something will have to be canceled and rescheduled. These are very busy people who really cannot call their time their own for the most part. Weekends at the Middletons would have been much easier to do than weekends with the Windsors.

William and Kate had the opportunity to spend family time with the Middletons much more than they would have had with Charles and Camilla or Granny. Its just the way things happened.
I think we are in a very odd position: we think we know the whereabouts of key members of the BRF, but the fact is that we usually only know what they want us to know. We have absolutely no idea how often they meet, or what they typically do at weekends, or where they spend most weekends.

Realistically, I have absolutely no idea if C&C meet and spend time with the children and grandchildren or not. I suspect they all spend a reasonable amount of time together, though it may not be as often as they might want to, given how far apart they all live. That said, when in London, there could be all sorts of quiet lunches and dinners at CH / KP or BP with various members of the BRF, and the press (and we) will have no idea.

As a result of this, I just don't feel qualified to comment on whether C&C should have "date nights", whether they need to spend more time with the grand children or with HM & the DoE for that matter.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
I do think that there are reasons why the Cambridges are closer to the Middletons than the Wales, some understandable and some that may be dysfunctional and/or indicators of family friction, but I do not believe that the lack of relationships between royal family members are due to royals being too busy or scheduled.
I don't thank one can, with any level of conviction, say that the Cambridge's are closer to the Middleton's than the Wales'. Catherine probably, but I doubt that William is closer to the Middleton's than his own father. He may be close to them, and may enjoy spending time with them.

A lot of this is because of the narrative that the press want to spend. We are inclined to believe it as we tend to get to see pictures of the Cambridge's on holiday with the Middletons, or elsewhere usually because they are in public places. When they are with the Wales' either at Highgrove, Sandringham, Windsor or Balmoral, they are unlikely to be spotted or pictures taken.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
So liking attention is only something Aristos do?
So I can now call the Kardashians Aristocrat? Good to know!
No, I meant that Carole, Pippa and James come across as entitled people, who think they are better than others just because they are linked to the royal famiy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I'd like an example of when they acted as Aristos (and how do Aristos act in this day and age anyway?).

LaRae
Maybe I expressed myself in the wrong way: I meant that tom me (so, my opinion) they often (almost always) crave a desperate attention, and would like to get a title only because their daughter/sister, "won the lottery"...
Old 11-30-2016, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I don't thank one can, with any level of conviction, say that the Cambridge's are closer to the Middleton's than the Wales'. Catherine probably, but I doubt that William is closer to the Middleton's than his own father. He may be close to them, and may enjoy spending time with them.

A lot of this is because of the narrative that the press want to spend. We are inclined to believe it as we tend to get to see pictures of the Cambridge's on holiday with the Middletons, or elsewhere usually because they are in public places. When they are with the Wales' either at Highgrove, Sandringham, Windsor or Balmoral, they are unlikely to be spotted or pictures taken.
Very reasonable posts. Perception of the two families are so influenced by the way they are portrayed in the media. We obviously have no other way of imagining their relationships, it is almost purely speculative. IMO, the Middleton have behaved impeccably, treading a tightrope, they put their daughter first, it seems to me, and seem to give her tremendous support and love.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
No, I meant that Carole, Pippa and James come across as entitled people, who think they are better than others just because they are linked to the royal famiy...

Maybe I expressed myself in the wrong way: I meant that tom me (so, my opinion) they often (almost always) crave a desperate attention, and would like to get a title only because their daughter/sister, "won the lottery"...
You do know that the Middleton's are self made millionaires right? You do know it's Mr. And Mrs. Middleton that provided a good lifestyle for their children and sent them to the best schools. Their life has nothing to do with William.

Now, since Catherine got involved with William, the family has actually struggled to deal with the attention and walking the fine line of living their life's, but not breaking any royal eggshells. It's not an easy road to travel, but they are just doing their best to move forward in the best way possible.

Having the British media on your heels and just waiting for you to make a major mistake is not the ideal life for anyone.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-30-2016, 09:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
You do know that the Middleton's are self made millionaires right? You do know it's Mr. And Mrs. Middleton that provided a good lifestyle for their children and sent them to the best schools. Their life has nothing to do with William.

Now, since Catherine got involved with William, the family has actually struggled to deal with the attention and walking the fine line of living their life's, but not breaking any royal eggshells. It's not an easy road to travel, but they are just doing their best to move forward in the best way possible.

Having the British media on your heels and just waiting for you to make a major mistake is not the ideal life for anyone.
I have to agree that the Middletons have behaved impeccably since their Catherine and William have been am item. I'm sure it has not been easy, but they do not appear to have made any public gaffes!
Old 11-30-2016, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

It is not Pippa's fault if they take a picture of her if she walks out of her house. James had several negative stories about his business based just on looking at the profit loss statements. With a startup initial losses are to be expected. He invited the press to explain his business after multiple negative stories.

The Middletons have not spilled any Royal secrets. Pippa said that baby George brought pleasure and fun to the whole family and James wants to be the cool uncle, which is the same thing that Harry has said.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I've not seen anything that suggests they crave attention for themselves because of Kate's position. None of the Middletons. They can't help it the media tracks everything they do.

LaRae
Old 11-30-2016, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

IMHO the Mike and Carole have behaved impeccably during the dating years, engagement and since the wedding. Apart from the rare statement to the press ie: engagement and outside of the hospital when George was born, they've done their best to avoid speaking to the media. Everything else the photos, video and seemingly never ending speculation stories has been generated by the press, not the family.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:11 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I just keep remembering that along with what the media is putting emphasis on, both families (the Middletons and the Windsors) are bona fide human beings and each familial relationship is as different as with every other family on the planet.

The Middletons, to me, have never seemed to want to be anyone else than who they are. The Windsors, for the most part, with being such a high profile family, have to really struggle and work at it to have any semblance of a private life. Because of a marriage, these two families find that from time to time, they interact and have family in common and to me, its a meeting of the best of both worlds.

I would say that its George and Charlotte that has won the lottery. What a wonderful family group they have.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:

What has their wealth to do with what I said? I perfectly know they are rich,and that Party Pieces is famous, thank you.
I think they could have avoided all those ridiculous interviews, for example. Plus, sometimes they also could have avoided being front and center if they hate the press so much (which I don't think they do).

I'm not talking about paparazzi standing out of their home, for the record, as I think that's universally known it is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I've not seen anything that suggests they crave attention for themselves because of Kate's position. None of the Middletons. They can't help it the media tracks everything they do.

LaRae
That's your opinion, and I have mine. I also disagree with you last sentence. I don't think they have alwas been innocent victims haunted by the evil journalists.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
What has their wealth to do with what I said? I perfectly know they are rich,and that Party Pieces is famous, thank you.
I think they could have avoided all those ridiculous interviews, for example. Plus, sometimes they also could have avoided being front and center if they hate the press so much (which I don't think they do).

I'm not talking about paparazzi standing out of their home, for the record, as I think that's universally known it is wrong.
Nothing really wrong with them doing interviews, just as long as they're not spilling personal business. It's also not likely done without a royal nod.

I don't think they hate the press, but they have to go about their lives just like we all do. The press hasn't been kind to the Middleton's, but I think they deal with the attention very well.

The media also followed the Spencer's back in the day. The attention will be there regardless.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Nothing really wrong with them doing interviews, just as long as they're not spilling personal business. It's also not likely done without a royal nod.

I don't think they hate the press, but they have to go about their lives just like we all do. The press hasn't been kind to the Middleton's, but I think they deal with the attention very well.

The media also followed the Spencer's back in the day. The attention will be there regardless.

Once again I think you are missing the point: I'm not talking about interviews being wrong, just that one doesn't really shy away from media or doesn't really dislike media if they are willing to give interviews... that's all.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Once again I think you are missing the point: I'm not talking about interviews being wrong, just that one doesn't really shy away from media or doesn't really dislike media if they are willing to give interviews... that's all.
I think it's important for James to give interviews. It's free publicity for his company. Any company executive who shies away from any publicity that will promote his company will soon be unemployed.

So what if they give interviews. People are interested in them and they aren't spilling any royal secrets.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:44 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its just pure logic. If they are being hounded by the press just because of who they are, why not use it to their own advantage. As the adage goes, if you can't beat 'em off with a stick, join 'em and give them something to use to one's own advantage.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth