The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Courtier

I also found it curious that there was nothing in the British media, perhaps Harry, his raves and his being within a one mile radius of Chelsy took up their quota of Royals(and those associated with them)at clubs stories last weekend and we'll get Kate's brother drunk soon.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I'm rather surprised that it wasn't splashed all over the British tabloids as well -- maybe there's been a warning to the papers not to print stories about the Middleton family, as they are private citizens?

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 05-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Royal Highness

Poor Middletons, but look on the bright side - the three sibs seem to have a close relationship. When I look at the pic only her brother seems a little tipsy.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

They do seem like a very close-knit bunch. I wonder sometimes if that's one of the reasons Prince William fell for Kate -- he was welcomed into a normal, close family like hers (one very different from the royal family).

HM The Queen
Old 05-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
I'm rather surprised that it wasn't splashed all over the British tabloids as well -- maybe there's been a warning to the papers not to print stories about the Middleton family, as they are private citizens?
Being private citizens doesn't normally stop the media in this country. I am beginning to think the whole article was an invention.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

That may be, Skydragon. I read the scans posted on the previous page, and whoever wrote the article can't even seem to keep James and Michael Middleton straight. At one point the writer claims that "Michael's" girlfriend was trying to keep the press away.

HM The Queen
Old 05-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
They do seem like a very close-knit bunch. I wonder sometimes if that's one of the reasons Prince William fell for Kate -- he was welcomed into a normal, close family like hers (one very different from the royal family).
Indeed they do seem like a very close knit family. I'll agree with the normal bit, but there is nothing to say that the royal family aren't close, i'd say more than other families.
x
Old 05-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps the media didn't pick up on it because it really wasn't a big deal. Kate's brother was celebrating his birthday with his family, and it appears that he got a bit tipsy. He didn't break any laws or injure himself or others. Many young people, royal and common, have gotten a bit tipsy on their birthdays (I'm not saying that this is okay, I'm just pointing it out). Maybe the media decided that it wasn't really news, and found something else to write about. Just my opinion.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Aristocracy

Looking at the photos , James is not the only one who looked a bit drunk, in my opinion,so did Kate. Maybe the photos were not published in UK because James is considered a private citizen.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Maybe the media decided that it wasn't really news, and found something else to write about. Just my opinion.
I guess it's possible, but I'm not sure I have that much faith in the British tabloid media. The Mail published personal pictures of James taken from (I think) a Facebook account last year. I can't imagine they'd just give up the chance to post paparazzi snaps of Kate and family taken in a public place.

HM The Queen
Old 05-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMay View Post
Looking at the photos , James is not the only one who looked a bit drunk, in my opinion,so did Kate. Maybe the photos were not published in UK because James is considered a private citizen.
I don't think Kate looks drunk from the photos. If you look closely it is the angle the photographer got in the first photo and she covers her face in the second. James and Phippa? look like they had a few too many drinks.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:41 AM
Aristocracy

Kate looks drunk in those family outing photos to me.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I've always thought that is an added bonus to their relationship, yes.

Kate may appear drunk to some, but I'd bet all I own that she was not. The paparazzi use one of the photos of her blinking, it happens all the time. Kate would never allow herself to be caught drunk, #1, and #2, I remember stories of her never imbibing years before she met William, always being the sober one in the bunch. Kate drunk is an accusation always hurled at Kate MOSTLY by those who post the most appalling lies at awful internet sites dedicated to trashing her. If some of theories at those places are to be believed, and she is clawing her way to the throne, she would NEVER allow herself to be caught in disarray for fear of how it would be viewed by the Queen and Charles.

So which tall tale peddled at those sites is it: (a) is she the girlfriend who doesn't care about her image and comes staggering out of a club 3 sheets to the wind, or (b) is she the prim & proper Wisteria social climber, very fearful of her image, who holds her pinky out and curtsies to her boyfriend in private?
Old 05-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Commoner

Re the Middleton family's house. It was purchased by them. It is not an ancestral house. Their business is Party Pieces. It sells things for childrens parties, various lines, including a princess line. This is the sort of business that may not fare so well in a credit crunch. I believe this family is middle class, not upper class. Any money comes from his side, not from the mother's side of the family.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise View Post

So which tall tale peddled at those sites is it: (a) is she the girlfriend who doesn't care about her image and comes staggering out of a club 3 sheets to the wind, or (b) is she the prim & proper Wisteria social climber, very fearful of her image, who holds her pinky out and curtsies to her boyfriend in private?
Probably a bit of both.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Commoner

Regarding the photographs published in the Australian magazine and not in the UK press. They don't have a problem publishing photographs of Harry, yet not one of James urinating in a public place. Great uncle for a future royal nephew, I don't think.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Nobility

I don't understand. When "normal" people are drunk and embarrassed themselves for example when they vomit on the street it's no problem. When Wills or Harry are drunk is not so bad. But when Middletons are drunk is tragedy. I don't feel respect for people who tease Kate or others becouse of that but they drunk so much themselves.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Commoner

First of all I have never behaved like that, or been even remotely drunk. Secondly this is the family who aspire to have their daughter join the Royal Family, and contrary to what some may wish to believe she has been observed staggering drunk from clubs and wriggling around on the floor like a worm, while some friend did a conga over her. She having consumed more than a few too many. It's tough on her but if she wants to project herself as Miss Demure and then does things like that it is a touch hypocritical, don't you think. And what her brother has been photographed doing is the least of what he''s done, playing with dead animals, and that's putting it mildly. It's all there, on the internet and on the forums. Go take a look.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don´t know about the Queen but even I wouldn´t want her or her family to join my family and that is for sure.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Secondly this is the family who aspire to have their daughter join the Royal Family
No, this is the family you believe aspire to have their daughter join the Royal Family. To me they are just people trying to go about their lives while putting up with the intrusion of people like us because their daughter is dating William.
Quote:
And what her brother has been photographed doing is the least of what he''s done, playing with dead animals, and that's putting it mildly. It's all there, on the internet and on the forums. Go take a look.
Why would anyone care about her brother or what he does? Did I miss something, is he the one dating William now? Kate is not responsible for her brother or his actions.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth