The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-11-2016, 07:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
No Mike? Maybe he came in a separated car.
Maybe he was just apprehensive about riding with a 90-year-old driver?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-12-2016, 09:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Maybe he was just apprehensive about riding with a 90-year-old driver?
I doubt it. I didn't see any scared faces on the other passengers

Old 09-16-2016, 07:40 AM
Aristocracy

Interesting the pics of the Queen driving both Kate and her mother on different occasions on royal private grounds, where apparently taking photographs is prohibited.

Again, apparently, that privacy clause was breeched when pictures of Prince George sitting on a motor bike with a few officers and Kate around were printed in the press. The Cambridges complained and the complaint was upheld.

Wonder will Kate put in another for this apparent breech of privacy??!
Old 09-16-2016, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Sandringham is the Queen's estate. It would be up to her. The bar is set a lot higher for a three year old though.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
Interesting the pics of the Queen driving both Kate and her mother on different occasions on royal private grounds, where apparently taking photographs is prohibited.

Again, apparently, that privacy clause was breeched when pictures of Prince George sitting on a motor bike with a few officers and Kate around were printed in the press. The Cambridges complained and the complaint was upheld.

Wonder will Kate put in another for this apparent breech of privacy??!
The Cambridges choose their cases carefully. The only one we know they took legal action on were the intrusive paris pics. They might complain to the Press Association but that is generally only when it involves the children (and also Kate before marriage when she was still a private citizen). I'm not aware of any case where they have complained about they themselves being photographed so why would they this time?
Old 09-16-2016, 08:06 AM
Aristocracy

Do not all the royal estates/homes inhabited by the family belong to the Queen?!

Other than those bought privately by family members outside the royal stronghold.

I guess the point I'm making is that there is a level of cherry picking in play.

If George was seen sitting pearched in his seat in the back behind Kate/Carole for example. Would that change anything? I suspect not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
The Cambridges choose their cases carefully. The only one we know they took legal action on were the intrusive paris pics. They might complain to the Press Association but that is generally only when it involves the children (and also Kate before marriage when she was still a private citizen). I'm not aware of any case where they have complained about they themselves being photographed so why would they this time?
I appreciate the aspect of George being in the picture, but in the same picture as the Queen driving Kate / Carole I wonder if it would go as far or anywhere at all? It's good Royals and Mids press.

For example, the photographs of Carole playing on the beach with George about a year ago ..... not aware of anything there .....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-prince-george
Old 09-16-2016, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Do not all the royal estates/homes inhabited by the family belong to the Queen?!

Other than those bought privately by family members outside the royal stronghold.

I guess the point I'm making is that there is a level of cherry picking in play.

If George was seen sitting pearched in his seat in the back behind Kate/Carole for example. Would that change anything? I suspect not.
Are there any circumstances where you think royal children shouldn't be photographed?

Harry had pictures of him and Cressida in a movie theatre removed from the Mirror website because it breached privacy.

If Harry has privacy there, George should have privacy when he's at home and unaware he's being photographed.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

The one with Carole and the Queen were out on the roads of the estate. May have been other people's land. The one that the complaint was about was behind the gates of KP. The photos literally has the metal bars of the fence in the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-16-2016, 09:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I appreciate the aspect of George being in the picture, but in the same picture as the Queen driving Kate / Carole I wonder if it would go as far or anywhere at all? It's good Royals and Mids press.

For example, the photographs of Carole playing on the beach with George about a year ago ..... not aware of anything there .....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-prince-george
Were the pictures of George and Carole published in the UK?
Old 09-16-2016, 09:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
Were the pictures of George and Carole published in the UK?
The pictures in question are of Catherine and George outside the gates of KP (they can be googled). The pictures of The Queen and Carole were taken on a public road travelling to Crathie Kirk.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:00 AM
Nobility

I was responding to a previous comment but I did not quote the comment which I should have. I'll edit my post to add the quote.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
I was responding to a previous comment but I did not quote the comment which I should have. I'll edit my post to add the quote.
Apologies, then the new answer is no. A quick google search shows the pictures, but english press only talked about the pictures never published them.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:45 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The pictures in question are of Catherine and George outside the gates of KP (they can be googled). The pictures of The Queen and Carole were taken on a public road travelling to Crathie Kirk.
I'm somewhat doubting that the destination was Crathie Kirk from what I saw in the picture. If HM is heading to church, she is dressed for church with hat, gloves and all. In the photo I saw, it looked to me like the Queen was bareheaded and dressed more casual.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-03-2016, 06:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of Cambridge's brother marshmallow firm secures £500k loan | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-06-2016, 07:51 AM
Aristocracy

Seriously? What else can this media savie family come up with??! Zzzzzzz!
Old 11-06-2016, 12:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava Elizabeth View Post
As far as I know, she went to a very fine school, costing 70 000 dollars a year, anf her father is very succesfull. I thinks she is quite upper class, judging from the fact that she now goes to the same school as William, St. Andrews, who is a very fine school as well.
I do not think you will find any "average" , middle- class people there, but of course I could be wrong.
Kate and Pippa did go to a notable boarding school which fees were provided for by an education trust fund from the Middldeton side of the family.

Collage was completely different, acceptance being based on exam results, but you paid the same as anyone else. All walks of life could be found there! !

The year previous and while at boarding school, Kate had applied to and been accepted by The University of Edingburgh (where Pippa subsequently went).

When it was announced William would be attending St. Andrews, following a gap year, Kate retracted her acceptance, applied for the same gap year experience as William and the same collage course at St Andrews, which she was granted. While teachers at her boarding school could acknowladge that fact they couldn't say why!
Old 11-06-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Kate and Pippa did go to a notable boarding school which fees were provided for by an education trust fund from the Middldeton side of the family.

Collage was completely different, acceptance being based on exam results, but you paid the same as anyone else. All walks of life could be found there! !

The year previous and while at boarding school, Kate had applied to and been accepted by The University of Edingburgh (where Pippa subsequently went).

When it was announced William would be attending St. Andrews, following a gap year, Kate retracted her acceptance, applied for the same gap year experience as William and the same collage course at St Andrews, which she was granted. While teachers at her boarding school could acknowladge that fact they couldn't say why!
Not true, kate applied to that gap year long before she went (they even had a survival weekend), the head from that charity said that and that was before she knew william would go there because they made that public after. The acceptance at st andrews had to be before the deadline and william made his public after the deadline so kate didn't know he would go there and both ending up at the same study house was a lotery according to the president of the university. I wouldn't read the dm as much.
Old 11-06-2016, 10:04 PM
Courtier

If St. Andrews is top school like people claim it is, it would have been hard for Kate to get in at the last minute and be in the same year as William like some people, the think.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesam View Post
Not true, kate applied to that gap year long before she went (they even had a survival weekend), the head from that charity said that and that was before she knew william would go there because they made that public after. The acceptance at st andrews had to be before the deadline and william made his public after the deadline so kate didn't know he would go there and both ending up at the same study house was a lotery according to the president of the university. I wouldn't read the dm as much.
Excellent first post. I love when people use logic instead of just regurgitating nonsensical gossip. Unfortunately, the latter is all too common around here.

I agree that everyone should abstain from reading the DM unless they are willing to read with a massive amount of skepticism.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth