The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-08-2016, 08:44 AM
Royal Highness

Hong Kong seems like a great move. I think Asia might be a great market for this so seems like a natural step :)

Old 05-16-2016, 03:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Hong Kong seems like a great move. I think Asia might be a great market for this so seems like a natural step :)
Exactly so. If one can, Asia is the route to go.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:34 AM
Courtier

James participated in a charity clay pigeon shoot in Reading last week. Here's the article and pics-
James Middleton goes clay pigeon shooting with Denise Lewis | News Online

The event was hosted by Olympic champion Denise Lewis. I think James must be on friendly terms with her because they also sat next to each other at Wimbledon in 2013.

Celebrities Attend Wimbledon 2013 - Day 1 | Getty Images

On a completely separate note, Candy Spelling gave James' company Boomf a shout-out on Twitter. I was mostly amused because of the irony of her first name.
https://twitter.com/CandySpelling/st...05282495139841
Old 06-08-2016, 01:20 AM
Courtier

James and his girlfriend Donna, along with a group of friends, were pictured dining out in London last week.

James Middleton and Donna Air enjoy a cosy family dinner in Mayfair – Virally Viral
Old 06-19-2016, 06:03 AM
Heir Apparent

James Middleton flies in to reclaim Donna Air after two get back together* | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-19-2016, 06:27 PM
Courtier

I don't click on the Mail but I saw the article posted in it's entirety on another royal site and I want to make a couple comments.

1. When did this break-up happen? The first time The Mail made that claim the couple refuted it. Also Donna - during these four months- has been favoriting tweets from her fans that say she and James make a cute couple. She seems unaware of this fictional break-up.

2. They claim she had a rebound fling with her friend, Robin?! OMG. His boyfriend of 10+ years will be shocked by this, poor George. I know the Mail is famous for their fiction, but to pick a gay man who has a live-in boyfriend, that's a new standard for them. They should have stuck to their regular rubbish formula. Say she dumped James for Prince Harry, then say Harry dumped her for Ellie Goulding, at which point she returned to James with her tail between her legs.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Sebastian and The Wimbledon Saga.

Will Tim Henman's mum pull the strings for Mrs Middleton at the All England Club?* | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-25-2016, 02:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Good for them if true. The club has a long and distinguished history, and allows few members. If the only grounds for the Middletons to be accepted is Kate, then they shouldn't.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:55 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background

I guess we all missed Kate being appointed patron last month 🤔The Wimbledon website says the Queen is still Patron. Pippa is supposedly a member of Queens tennis club. There was a story after the wedding about her becoming the number 1 ladies pair.

To become a member apparently, you need a letter of support from 4 full members and 2 of the 4 must know the applicant for at least 3 years to get on the Candidates list for periodic election. Per the AELTC Wikipedia entry

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-25-2016, 03:03 AM
Heir Apparent

How did we miss Kate being the patron? There is a huge discussion

Just because she is the royal patron doesn't mean her family members should get membership. They have very hard guidelines to get in. If Pippa is good enough to meet their tennis standards, then great. But considering many members are Wimbledon champions, I don't know how she would measure up. The only reason either should get in is by merit, not because Kate is patron.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate hasn't been named patron. But Old Seb bass from the mail said she has. There was never a official announcement yet. Only talk of her taking over. Harry hasn't taken over the English rugby patron either. He is still just Vice Patron. That's was also part of the story of Queen turning over various patronages to the younger royals. It hasn't happened yet.

I don't believe their a minimum tennis level required to apply. The past single winners are honorary members of the club sort like winning an Oscar can get you into Academy of Motion Pictures.

Old 06-25-2016, 03:21 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think any of the Queens patronage handoffs would happen til after the Patrons lunch. I expect the official announcement this year
Old 06-25-2016, 03:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Kate hasn't been named patron. But Old Seb bass from the mail said she has. There was never a official announcement yet. Only talk of her taking over. Harry hasn't taken over the English rugby patron either. He is still just Vice Patron. That's was also part of the story of Queen turning over various patronages to the younger royals. It hasn't happened yet.

I don't believe their a minimum tennis level required to apply. The past single winners are honorary members of the club sort like winning an Oscar can get you into Academy of Motion Pictures.

There is a 1000 person waiting list and members are members for life, so you basically have to wait till someone dies for a membership to open. To even be considered, you don't simply have to have an interest an skill. You have to be sponsored by a full member (not honorary) and it has to be seconded by three other full members. And still goes to a committee. So if either Middleton suddenly finds themselves a member, something not so above board lead to it. And all those waiting should be angry.

The Easy Way to Become a Wimbledon Member - Bloomberg
Old 06-25-2016, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

The first line of the article is false, so more than likely the rest is to. The Middletons don't a have a problem getting tickets to the tournament and don't lack places to play tennis. I would guess that members can bring a guest along to play. The Middletons know at least 3 members including Kate.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:21 AM
Aristocracy

There are so many issues with the article.

As mentioned, he's wrong about her being named patron last month, and yet doubling down on the claim.

And then there's the disparity between "Carole is being helped by Jane" and "she's trading on her royal connections". In fact, if Jane is Carole's doubles partner, then Jane's exactly who you'd expect to be sponsoring her, so the claims that she's trading on Kate are pushing at the bounds of truth, IMO.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

When Pippa was at the US open a few years ago, she there as a guest of Roger Federer. So I'm sure the Middletons know many members of Wimbledon.

I hope the entire family become members.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's seems like Catherine will take an official role at Wimbledon, but the announcemt hasnt been made yet. Don't know what they're waiting on to do so so.

The Middleton's don't have a habit of abusing their connections. They do get invited to Wimbledon and also purchase their own tickets. It would be nice if they became members.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-27-2016, 05:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
When Pippa was at the US open a few years ago, she there as a guest of Roger Federer. So I'm sure the Middletons know many members of Wimbledon.

I hope the entire family become members.
Wimbledon champion, Marion Bartoli, is also friends with Adam Middleton, Charlotte's godfather.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carole Middleton attends fourth day of Wimbledon | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-01-2016, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess the BBC mentioned Kate's WWI family connections but didn't elaborate on it. Michael Middleton's paternal grandmother Olive Lupton's brother Lionel was killed at Somme on July 16, 1916. Another brother Maurice was killed April 1915 in France and her last brother Fran was killed in action in 1917. So she lost all her brothers. That's just one side of family tree. Her husband Noel Middleton - Mike's granddad survived the Great War.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth