The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-22-2016, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hathaway View Post
The difference to me is that Zara is actually a member of the royal family, the granddaughter of the queen. Sarah is the mother of two princessess, granddaughters of the queen. Mike Tindell is married to the granddaughter of the queen and the father of the queen's great-granddaughter. None of the Middletons have this close connection to the royal family. It is rather odd that James and Pippa are not developing their own lives and families apart from their sister. Both appear to court publicity and use it to try to create "moneymakers". Both have failed, so far, in establishing a viable career.
Mr. & Mrs. Middleton's daughter is married to the second in line to the throne. Catherine is the future Princess of Wales/Queen Consort. Their grandchildren is the heirs to the throne.

Pippa and James is pretty successful in their own right. James's business is doing pretty well, btw. He just straightened out the wrong press reports about his business.

What's your point again?

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-22-2016, 06:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The difference to me is that Zara is actually a member of the royal family, the granddaughter of the queen. Sarah is the mother of two princessess, granddaughters of the queen. Mike Tindell is married to the granddaughter of the queen and the father of the queen's great-granddaughter. None of the Middletons have this close connection to the royal family. It is rather odd that James and Pippa are not developing their own lives and families apart from their sister. Both appear to court publicity and use it to try to create "moneymakers". Both have failed, so far, in establishing a viable career.
That makes criticism against them a million times more disgusting. Mike Tindall chose to marry The Queen's granddaughter. Sarah married Prince Andrew of her own free-will. Pippa did not marry Prince Harry. James did not marry Beatrice. Carole did not marry Charles. Yet, they're expected to behave better than the royals and better than the people who willingly married into the circus. They are victims.

And I agree, they court publicity by leaving their apartment. They should be under house arrest.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Because Mike is married to the Queen's granddaughter its okay for him to go on reality television and drink urine but the Middletons can't be seen going to church with Kate and William?
Old 01-22-2016, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Mr. & Mrs. Middleton's daughter is married to the second in line to the throne. Catherine is the future Princess of Wales/Queen Consort. Their grandchildren is the heirs to the throne.

Pippa and James is pretty successful in their own right. James's business is doing pretty well, btw. He just straightened out the wrong press reports about his business.

What's your point again?
Yeah no kidding! Grandparents to the future King of England...not to far away there. Not to mention before that they will be the direct inlaws to the King.

LaRae
Old 01-22-2016, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

We have heard Mike and Carole speak twice. Once at the engagement for Mike and once for Carole when George was born. Even Pippa in her Today interview basically said nothing personal about her sister's Royal life. We got that George has brought a lot of pleasure and fun for the whole family. James spilled on Good Morning America that Lupo was his wedding present to W&K. What a horrible family that actually still like each other as adults. The Queen should send them to the Tower😉

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-22-2016, 07:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
We have heard Mike and Carole speak twice. Once at the engagement for Mike and once for Carole when George was born. Even Pippa in her Today interview basically said nothing personal about her sister's Royal life. We got that George has brought a lot of pleasure and fun for the whole family. James spilled on Good Morning America that Lupo was his wedding present to W&K. What a horrible family that actually still like each other as adults. The Queen should send them to the Tower😉

Yes, Mike Tindall has given us more intimate details about George than Pippa has. From Pippa we know that "George has brought them joy". From Mike we know that the Tindalls visit George when he is at Highgrove, and that George is a very sloppy eater.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:20 PM
Royal Highness

I see no problem with any products sold by Party Pieces.

If this year they carry more products for 90th birthday themes or more royalty related items I still see nothing wrong with this.

If other party supplies stores can carry royalty related items to celebrate a royal Jubilee, a royal birthday or baby items to celebrate a new baby, there is no reason why Party Pieces cannot. Just because it is their grandchild it is not cashing in.

Anything related to their business is acceptable.

IMO, there were only two times that I think the Middletons crossed the line.

One was attending church with the Queen on January 10th.

It is only because it stood out. William and Catherine have lived at Anmer for over a year, yet the only time the Middletons have attended church is with the Queen. If the Middleton family had been spotted going to church with William and Catherine on any occasion without the Queen then I would not have felt they had crossed the line on January 10, 2016.

It had nothing to do with not expecting her family to join Catherine to celebrate her birthday but the lack of church services attended by the Middleton family with Catherine and William that did not include the Queen.

St Mary Magdalene church has services throughout the year and I am sure that the Middleton family has visited William and Catherine at Anmer Hall when the Queen was not at Sandringham.

Had the Middletons attended church services at Anmer or Sandringham on any occasion when the Queen was not in residence or if there were reports they attend church service to celebrate birthdays of family members at any other time then seeing them at St Mary Magdalene would not have been out of the norm.

The second time I criticized the Middletons was Carole's writing career. It was out of the norm and not a natural evolution from Party Pieces. The problem with her 'column' was she did not write anything in the 'article' and it was nothing more than a link to her website. Had it contained information about planning a children party and been an actual column/article I would not have had a problem with this even if it included her website..
Or if the article had been about her as a career woman and then a link to her website, I would have seen nothing wrong with her doing an interview. Yes she would have been selected because her daughter was famous but she was a business woman before William met Catherine.

I would not have seen anything wrong if she was interviewed and said one or two things about either William, Catherine, George or Charlotte as long as most of the article was about her as a business woman. It is common practice to ask a few personal question, if you are related to someone and have a job in the public.

This is the reason, I see nothing wrong with anything Mike has done.

The natural evolution of a retired sports personality is to do television.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent

William and Kate has only gone to church at St Magdalene with the Queen too. There is a church right next to Amner which would be easy to go to if they wanted. The Queen invited W&K and their guests to church and they went. David and Serena Linley went to church with the Queen last weekend. Was that Inappropriate? No. How is anyone going to church inappropriate?

Old 01-22-2016, 09:39 PM
Nobility

It is astonishing how people will believe what the media reports. Catherine is not the only royal to have the strong support of her family and the Royal Family being close to them. Queen Letizia's family were invited to the King's coronation; Prince Daniel's family are quite close to the Swedish Royal family; Crown Princess Mary's family is held in high regard by QMII, so much so, Professor Donaldson recieved the Order of the Danneborg and a Coat of Arms relating to the marriage of his daughter.

William himself said that his marriage will be different to the past. He holds the Middleton's in high regard. Do you think for a moment the William would associate himself with a family that court the media? Especially after the treatment of his late mother by the media?

Do you think QEII or Prince William would tolerate the Middleton's if they rocked up to Royal events without an invitation? The Middleton's have been invited to Royal events BY QEII.

It is refreshing that Royal spouse's families are included, and even more refreshing to see how close those spouses are.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
I see no problem with any products sold by Party Pieces.

If this year they carry more products for 90th birthday themes or more royalty related items I still see nothing wrong with this.

If other party supplies stores can carry royalty related items to celebrate a royal Jubilee, a royal birthday or baby items to celebrate a new baby, there is no reason why Party Pieces cannot. Just because it is their grandchild it is not cashing in.

Anything related to their business is acceptable.

IMO, there were only two times that I think the Middletons crossed the line.

One was attending church with the Queen on January 10th.

It is only because it stood out. William and Catherine have lived at Anmer for over a year, yet the only time the Middletons have attended church is with the Queen. If the Middleton family had been spotted going to church with William and Catherine on any occasion without the Queen then I would not have felt they had crossed the line on January 10, 2016.

It had nothing to do with not expecting her family to join Catherine to celebrate her birthday but the lack of church services attended by the Middleton family with Catherine and William that did not include the Queen.

St Mary Magdalene church has services throughout the year and I am sure that the Middleton family has visited William and Catherine at Anmer Hall when the Queen was not at Sandringham.

Had the Middletons attended church services at Anmer or Sandringham on any occasion when the Queen was not in residence or if there were reports they attend church service to celebrate birthdays of family members at any other time then seeing them at St Mary Magdalene would not have been out of the norm.

The second time I criticized the Middletons was Carole's writing career. It was out of the norm and not a natural evolution from Party Pieces. The problem with her 'column' was she did not write anything in the 'article' and it was nothing more than a link to her website. Had it contained information about planning a children party and been an actual column/article I would not have had a problem with this even if it included her website..
Or if the article had been about her as a career woman and then a link to her website, I would have seen nothing wrong with her doing an interview. Yes she would have been selected because her daughter was famous but she was a business woman before William met Catherine.

I would not have seen anything wrong if she was interviewed and said one or two things about either William, Catherine, George or Charlotte as long as most of the article was about her as a business woman. It is common practice to ask a few personal question, if you are related to someone and have a job in the public.

This is the reason, I see nothing wrong with anything Mike has done.

The natural evolution of a retired sports personality is to do television.
You have no idea if the Middletons go to church with the Cambridges on a regular basis. I bet they usually go to the church next door to Anmer Hall, where there is a private entrance to the church only accessible by the Cambridges through their private property. The paps would not be able to photograph The Cambridges or the Middletons on these occasions. On this particular Sunday, The Cambridges decided to attend the church by Sandringham because they had an event with The Queen after. This church(St Mary Magdalene) is accessible to photographers.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Are the Middletons regular churchgoers? I don't know whether Michael or Carole were confirmed when young, but people who regularly attend church services and are confirmed in the Church of England usually make sure that their children are also confirmed.
Confirmation usually takes place when the child is twelve or thirteen, as I believe William was. I think from memory I was thirteen. Yet Kate wasn't confirmed until shortly before her marriage at 29. If she wasn't, then it's doubtful Pippa or James were.

If the Middletons aren't regular churchgoers then they generally conform to the rest of England where church attendance is rare. However, it raises doubts that they, or William and Kate for that matter, are always nipping into church every Sunday when they are at Anmer.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Are the Middletons regular churchgoers? I don't know whether Michael or Carole were confirmed when young, but people who regularly attend church services and are confirmed in the Church of England usually make sure that their children are also confirmed.
Confirmation usually takes place when the child is twelve or thirteen, as I believe William was. I think from memory I was thirteen. Yet Kate wasn't confirmed until shortly before her marriage at 29. If she wasn't, then it's doubtful Pippa or James were.

If the Middletons aren't regular churchgoers then they generally conform to the rest of England where church attendance is rare. However, it raises doubts that they, or William and Kate for that matter, are always nipping into church every Sunday when they are at Anmer.
Considering it was The Cambridges who requested a private entrance to the church that before did not exist, I assume they intend to make use of it. Why ask for it, otherwise?

This quote comes from The Telegraph:
Meanwhile the existing public entrance to the nearby St Mary’s Church will become a private entrance accessible only by the Duke and Duchess, with the existing public road to the church re-routed to create a new entrance for worshippers.
To compensate the church, the Queen will pay for a new car park to be built there.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:22 PM
Heir Apparent

That may be for security or privacy reasons rather than religious ones. After all, the Queen who is known to be a deeply religious person who is a regular attendee at church and has been all her life, doesn't have her own private entrance at St Mary's at Sandringham.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...imes-year.html
Old 01-22-2016, 10:38 PM
Serene Highness

According to this architectural description The Queen does have a private entrance.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ell-r-brown/4569237476/

Vestibule c1896 across
priests door, in carstone with stone embattled parapet, 2-light window to
left, door to right, vestibule the private entrance of H.M. Queen.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
You have no idea if the Middletons go to church with the Cambridges on a regular basis. I bet they usually go to the church next door to Anmer Hall, where there is a private entrance to the church only accessible by the Cambridges through their private property. The paps would not be able to photograph The Cambridges or the Middletons on these occasions. On this particular Sunday, The Cambridges decided to attend the church by Sandringham because they had an event with The Queen after. This church(St Mary Magdalene) is accessible to photographers.
I only pointed out that the reason January 10, 2016 stood out was because they have never been spotted attending church to celebrate a birthday.

Catherine has been in William's life since 2001. AFAIK, this is the first time they attended a church service to celebrate Catherine's birthday.

If there were pictures or stories that Catherine or her family celebrate birthdays by going to church then attending church on January 10th would not have stood out.

The reason it stood out was the entire family and her friends attended church to celebrate her birthday and there is no evidence that this was the normal way they celebrate Middleton birthdays or even Cambridge birthdays.

It was her 34th birthday and not a milestone making it even more out of the norm.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:41 PM
Heir Apparent

The cost of Kate Middleton's confirmation | Alexander Chancellor | Opinion | The Guardian
Old 01-22-2016, 10:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I only pointed out that the reason January 10, 2016 stood out was because they have never been spotted attending church to celebrate a birthday.

Catherine has been in William's life since 2001. AFAIK, this is the first time they attended a church service to celebrate Catherine's birthday.

If there were pictures or stories that Catherine or her family celebrate birthdays by going to church then attending church on January 10th would not have stood out.

The reason it stood out was the entire family and her friends attended church to celebrate her birthday and there is no evidence that this was the normal way they celebrate Middleton birthdays or even Cambridge birthdays.

It was her 34th birthday and not a milestone making it even more out of the norm.
I think it's not so much that the church was a part of the birthday celebrations, so much that it was that they happened to still be there in connection with the birthday when it was sunday.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

But you wouldn't have previous pictures if they were attending the church next to their home. So I don't know how they could meet your expectations. Are you suggesting that they drive miles away to a different church just so you can have regular pictures of them? I have a feeling you would then accuse them of parading for paps.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps they do attend church each Sunday, though even before the Cambridges were living at Anmer there wasn't much sign of regular church attendance from either of them, nor of regular attendance from the Middletons. (As I've pointed out, that is quite typical of most English people, especially the young) However, an inference could be drawn that all attended church on January 10th because the Queen was going and it was important to her.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:00 PM
Serene Highness

How prophetic did those last sentences turn out to be.... Written prior to the wedding:

"Can you imagine being Michael and Carole Middleton, linked for the rest of their lives to the royal family, forever obliged to parry questions from their friends about its carryings-on, and subjected to relentless media attention without even the protection that royals enjoy? Pity them."

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth