The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-17-2016, 10:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate Middleton's bachelor brother James reveals his new project | Daily Mail Online

Old 01-17-2016, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

He must have unveiled this project before April 29, 2011; as there is no Kate Middleton, anymore.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Is the bachelor brother headline from the DM with coming out marshmallows trying to imply that Donna Air is a beard?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-17-2016, 10:40 AM
Serene Highness

It has more to do with the fact that The Daily Mail claimed Donna and James broke-up in September. A day later The Mail was forced to retract and admit they lied after the couple complained. The Mail hates being exposed for the frauds they are, so they’ve been throwing daggers at the couple ever since. They hope that if they indirectly keep implying that the couple is kaput that their readers won’t remember that it all originated in a lie. Like the saying says, "if you tell a lie often enough it becomes truth”. They are trying to save face and reinvent history. Very petty.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:00 PM
Gentry

The Middletons vs the Woodvilles

You know, I have been reading British royal history since I was a little girl.
I always thought that the public and noble/aristocratic reaction to the Woodville's was a little over the top.

After seeing the photos of the Middleton's traipsing after the royal family at the WWI remembrance a week or so ago, now I get it. I'm probably far more outraged by the incident than it deserves, but there it is, I am outraged. They had no business being there and should have politely turned down the invitation.

For me, they would have needed a very very good reason to justify being there with the royals.

I feel they are taking advantage of the royal family's desperate desire to be seen as completely supportive of the duchess. Not to repeat or allow the perception that they are repeating possible mistakes of the past.

The Middleton's really, really, need to take a page from the other inlaws and quit courting the media. With the exception of royal or noble inlaws, I couldn't identify or name any of the other inlaws if my life depended on it.

Why on earth did the brother need to tell the media anything about anything in his life. He is clearly trying to trade on his sister's royal connections.

I am more disgusted with them each time I see them. Forgive me, but they are becoming the British version of the K-trash family we have over here who are never off the headlines.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:08 PM
Heir Apparent

The Middletons didn't go the local Gallipoli wreath laying. They just went to church with their daughter and son in law at the invitation of the Queen.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-21-2016, 09:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Von Cleves View Post
I always thought that the public and noble/aristocratic reaction to the Woodville's was a little over the top.

After seeing the photos of the Middleton's traipsing after the royal family at the WWI remembrance a week or so ago, now I get it. I'm probably far more outraged by the incident than it deserves, but there it is, I am outraged. They had no business being there and should have politely turned down the invitation.

For me, they would have needed a very very good reason to justify being there with the royals.

I feel they are taking advantage of the royal family's desperate desire to be seen as completely supportive of the duchess. Not to repeat or allow the perception that they are repeating possible mistakes of the past.

The Middleton's really, really, need to take a page from the other inlaws and quit courting the media. With the exception of royal or noble inlaws, I couldn't identify or name any of the other inlaws if my life depended on it.

Why on earth did the brother need to tell the media anything about anything in his life. He is clearly trying to trade on his sister's royal connections.

I am more disgusted with them each time I see them. Forgive me, but they are becoming the British version of the K-trash family we have over here who are never off the headlines.
I have a good reason. They were visiting Kate. Kate went to church. They went with her. Not harder to understand than that.

It was a private occation (not in the CC for any of the royals)
They did not go to the memorial part of the visit, but only to the church.
Guests of the royal family very commonly go with them to church on sundays.
It's a public church.

There are way more reasons for it to be ok for them to be there than there are against it.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Go back and watch the Cambridge's engagement interview. Listen to what William and Catherine say about how family is to them and how supportive the Middletons have been to them. You will understand that they are doing things differently, because they need not only love their family, but they're all supportive of one another.

If his mother had some good support from her family, things probably would have turned out differently.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-21-2016, 09:43 PM
Serene Highness

The Middletons didn’t get to spend Christmas or New Years with their daughter, instead she was with the royals. How dare they spend her birthday with her. They even trekked all the way up to Norfolk so she could spend the next day with The Queen. Very brazen, they need to stay away from Norfolk. Don’t they know that when she married William she publicly disowned them? They act like they take second priority to the royals, when really they should take no priority. The Meades, Bakers, and Sophie Carter also had the arrogance to show-up to public church. Why must she be friends with such K-trash? Hopefully, she learns her place, which is above all them.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background

Quote:

The sight of her parents going to church with her while visiting their daughter really makes you that angry?

I mean, by that logic, what right had any of the other people at the church service to attend with the royal family?

In your opinion, should the Middleton family ever be allowed to be seen with their daughter in public again, or is that too gauche?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-21-2016, 10:37 PM
Gentry

Everyone has missed my central theme. They court publicity and should not.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Everyone has missed my central theme. They court publicity and should not.
I believe publicity courts them. The Duchess' family has never actively sought out public attention; rather the ever vigilant British press takes advantage of the Middleton family presence when and wherever possible. As HRH Prince Philip once famously said: 'you have mosquitoes, I have the press.'
Old 01-21-2016, 10:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
I believe publicity courts them. The Duchess' family has never actively sought out public attention; rather the ever vigilant British press takes advantage of the Middleton family presence when and wherever possible. As HRH Prince Philip once famously said: 'you have mosquitoes, I have the press.'
True. Don't forget that Pippa gets stalked by the paps to the tune of 400 pictures a day.

Paparazzi snap Pippa Middleton up to 400 times a day | Reuters

But she asks for it, after all, she chooses to leave her apartment.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:53 PM
Heir Apparent

After (or before) Fergie married Prince Andrew, did her mother or stepmother write articles promoting their products in magazines as Carole has recently done? Did her sister living in Australia do so? (Well, actually I can answer that. She didn't!) Do we know anything about the lives of Fergie's half-siblings? I bet not! Has Sophie Wessex's brother ever courted the limelight in any way? Don't think so!

Ever wondered why so many photos of Pippa appear in the tabloids? Is it that she is besieged by paps, or is that she rings them herself on many occasions? It's no good saying that the Middletons don't court publicity when they have received more that the Rhys Jones, Phillips, Tindalls, and the Fergusons combined have ever done (with the possible exception of Major Ferguson.)
Old 01-21-2016, 10:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
After (or before) Fergie married Prince Andrew, did her mother or stepmother write articles promoting their products in magazines as Carole has recently done? Did her sister living in Australia do so? (Well, actually I can answer that. She didn't!) Do we know anything about the lives of Fergie's half-siblings? I bet not! Has Sophie Wessex's brother ever courted the limelight in any way? Don't think so!

Ever wondered why so many photos of Pippa appear in the tabloids? Is it that she is besieged by paps, or is that she rings them herself on many occasions? It's no good saying that the Middletons don't court publicity when they have received more that the Rhys Jones, Phillips, Tindalls, and the Fergusons combined have ever done (with the possible exception of Major Ferguson.)
He has. I suggest you look up his deal with Hello! magazine.

Tim Laurence's brother has also given an interview where he was very harsh about the BRF.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:12 PM
Heir Apparent

These are single happenings. I can't remember the last occasion I saw anything about Sophie W's brother or Tim's family in articles in any magazines or newspapers, while Pippa, James and Carole have been constantly photographed and featured. Mike Middleton at least keeps his head down and away from publicity.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Carole is promoting a business that she was running before her daughter ever met William. The question should be, did they ever write articles promoting their product prior to their marriage...and if they did, do people only care now because who their daughter married.

If I recall, Jane's [Fergie's sister] did have an article or two about her in Hello Magazine...and they were definitely posed pictures. Maybe even an article about her 2nd wedding.

There has been coverage on Fergie's half siblings in addition to her niece, Ayesha.

Let's face it...rich, young and beautiful people have the it factor now and that's who people write and read about. So know one is really interested in the older generation with all due respect to Sophie's dad or Mike's parents.

You are suggesting that the Middleton's are courting publicity...that Pippa is calling before she leaves the house. That's very funny...there have been many things said about them from the press but the press has never implied that...unless you have something to back up your statement.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:18 PM
Heir Apparent

^ These are paps, like Tanna. They don't work for the press, who wouldn't necessarily know. And I was posing a question, probably one to which no-one but Pippa would know the answer!

Also Carole is neither young nor beautiful, yet there has been plenty about her in the Press for the last four years.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
These are single happenings. I can't remember the last occasion I saw anything about Sophie W's brother or Tim's family in articles in any magazines or newspapers, while Pippa, James and Carole have been constantly photographed and featured. Mike Middleton at least keeps his head down and away from publicity.
I noticed that you've focused on the families of minor royals, royals who rarely get publicity themselves, let alone attention for their in-laws.

If you wanted to be fair, you would compare the Middletons to other in-laws of monarchs, past, present, and future. The relatives of QEQM, Philip, Camilla, and Diana have frequently appeared in the press. Mostly, by their own choosing. In fact, the Middletons have been quite timid in comparison.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the criticism of the businesses is they use the royal connections. 'The royal wedding line' that party pieces released before the wedding. I remember Corgi pieces. 'The royal baby shower' theme before George was born. Plenty of critics of the Middletons have pointed at these as signs that they are cashing in on their daughter.

There was also James using covers of magazines his sister was on on photograph cakes to promote his business.

Not saying I agree or disagree, simply some of the criticism I have seen.

As well as of course constant rumors Pippa and Carole tip off the media.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth