The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-07-2015, 10:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Generally speaking, it's women who make the headlines, and the Pippa "phenomenon" have spread throughout Europe... who cares about James, when you have Pippa to talk about?
I understand. But I mean.. they could at least had ONE line in the article saying "Kates sister Pippa Middleton were there as was James Middleton." I mean.. one. small. line.!

Old 09-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Courtier

I speak from my heart and from my own personal taste, but James Middleton does zero for me. Zero. I don't doubt he is a great person but he does zadda for me.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I understand. But I mean.. they could at least had ONE line in the article saying "Kates sister Pippa Middleton were there as was James Middleton." I mean.. one. small. line.!

Well, after all they are not royalty... don't you think they have been talked about too much in the media?
Old 09-07-2015, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

If no one was interested in Pippa she wouldn't be in the 'news' to begin with.

I like that she and James go about their life and if the press wants to write about them so be it. I think they handle it very well.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Well, after all they are not royalty... don't you think they have been talked about too much in the media?
I don't care if they're in the media or not. I just think it's odd when there is an article that he's not even mentioned. I understand why he's not the headline... But it just seems wierd to me.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Thank you Marty91charmed, thank you! They are not royalty, one did not and does not see this kind of media behaviour over The Spencer's, The Rhys-Jones', The Ferguson's. Yes occassionally they made the news but not to this extent and to be frank, Marshmallows, and I am a fan of that fat free sweet, do not excite me that much. Leave them alone. More than enough already.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I don't care if they're in the media or not. I just think it's odd when there is an article that he's not even mentioned. I understand why he's not the headline... But it just seems wierd to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
Thank you Marty91charmed, thank you! They are not royalty, one did not and does not see this kind of media behaviour over The Spencer's, The Rhys-Jones', The Ferguson's. Yes occassionally they made the news but not to this extent and to be frank, Marshmallows, and I am a fan of that fat free sweet, do not excite me that much. Leave them alone. More than enough already.

Yes, I am one of those people wo is saturated with the Middletons... I call them "the untouchable" as the family seems to be consired as important as the royal family...

Media and paparazzs go crazy for Pippa and Carole, but they have nothing to say about the male members of the family!
Old 09-07-2015, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

The Spencers were always in the papers back in the day. Diana's sisters were everywhere from Wimbledon to the Royal Albert Hall.

Sophie's father isn't in the papers because there isn't anything interesting to write about an 80 something retired tyre salesman.

Pippa is young, fit and wealthy. Perfect for the tabloids.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

But didn't the Spencers have a higher public profile anyway because of the sister who dated Charles a few years before Diana?

LaRae
Old 09-07-2015, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Video of Pippa running

Instagram photo by @gococo_sportswear (Gococo) | Iconosquare
Old 09-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
But didn't the Spencers have a higher public profile anyway because of the sister who dated Charles a few years before Diana?

LaRae
Oh yes! The Spencer's are part of the British aristocracy.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-07-2015, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Pippa Middleton may have celebrated her 32nd birthday on Sunday, but that doesn't mean she plans to take it easy on Monday.

The fitness fanatic is competing in the Otillio 2015 Swim-Run Championship in Sweden, a grueling 45-mile race that includes six miles of swimming across open water. Fans can track the progress of Pippa and the other competitors through the competition's official livestream.

According to the organization, 120 international teams will begin at the start line at Sandman in Stockholm before launching into a dawn-to-dusk competition that will have athletes running and swimming while hopping through 26 islands in a Swedish archipelago.
Updated : Pippa Middleton in the Otillio Swim-Run Championship Livestream : People.com
Old 09-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Serene Highness

Pippa Middleton completes 50-mile race a day after her 32nd birthday | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-08-2015, 03:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
We live in a very different world than the one we lived in when the Queen's children dated. We have 24-hours news stations and websites, the media always want to get the "big" story or picture out before anyone else. The people who buy the rags or click on the stories only push media to continue to hunt the Middletons in ways the Spencers, Rhys-Jones', and Fergusons never had to deal with.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
We live in a very different world than the one we lived in when the Queen's children dated. We have 24-hours news stations and websites, the media always want to get the "big" story or picture out before anyone else. The people who buy the rags or click on the stories only push media to continue to hunt the Middletons in ways the Spencers, Rhys-Jones', and Fergusons never had to deal with.
True, the Middleton's are dealing with a total different media than previous in-laws.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-19-2015, 11:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Looks like Pippa is the perfect squeeze for Nico: After their tender embrace outside relaxation centre... could the engagement finally be on?
Pippa Middleton is the perfect squeeze for Nico Jackson in London | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-19-2015, 11:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, considering the Tabs have been predicting an immediate engagement for Pippa about half a dozen times in the past couple of years, I suppose they're bound to be right sooner or later. If the couple continue dating, of course.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:11 AM
Heir Apparent

They had her getting engaged to the cricket guy Alex post royal wedding. It's like Kate being pregnant. If they keep saying it over and over, it may happen eventually.

The highlight of Pippa's wedding will be page boy Cheeks who will be inspired by his dad's page boy act at his uncle's wedding and cause complete chaos to the amusement of the guests.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-20-2015, 12:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post

The highlight of Pippa's wedding will be page boy Cheeks who will be inspired by his dad's page boy act at his uncle's wedding and cause complete chaos to the amusement of the guests.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
oh great joy! I expect George may get a few page boy turns in the next few years - Pippa, Harry, James... maybe even Beatrice, Eugenie.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:49 AM
Serene Highness

No offense to The Daily Mail, but when have Pippa and Nico ever been "off". She's been continuously wearing the Cartier Love Bracelet since he bought it for her in March 2013. She even wears it while running her marathons.

Also, Charlotte Griffiths made a mistake about them being in Italy this month. Months ago, The Daily Mail fabricated a story that Nico was taking Pippa to Italy for her birthday. Then the truth came out that she would be in Sweden for her birthday and the Mail quickly backtracked. Ms. Griffiths apparently did not get the updated memo.

I know the Mail is famous for their errors and fantasies but basic fact-checking shouldn't be difficult.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth