The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No in France you are most of the time called by your married name, unless you specify that you want to keep your maiden name. The mayor, out of respect, should have called her The Duchess of Cambridge not Kate Middleton.
In legal documents, she would be referred as Catherine Middleton Spouse Mountbatten-Windsor.

Somethings, like the wedding dress or even something personal belonging to a about to be mother-in-law, really kind of cements a special bond between mom-in-law and daughter-in law. I absolutely *love* that Carole lent Alizée something so very personal. That's what I really call a "welcome to the family gift that ties". :D

Hello! has the wedding pictures of James Middleton and Alizée Thévenet.

HELLO! is making a donation to James's charity Pets As Therapy in exchange for these exclusive photographs. Visit petsastherapy.org

https://www.hellomagazine.com/bride...s-middleton-alizee-thevenet-wedding-pictures/

So in my understanding, the couple hired their own photographer(s), selected several photos, and gave the right to publish those selected photographs to Hello! in exchange for donation to the charity, NOT giving exclusive access to the wedding (like what Peter did at his wedding with Autumn).

If that's what they did, then it's very clever of them. They can share the news of their nuptial while still maintain their privacy and also supported the charity at the same time.

Because if Hello! had the access, we're definitely going to see lots of Cambridge's photos (esp the kids)

(...)

The mayor referred to the DoC as "Kate Middleton" which is as surprising as it is inappropriate. I am starting to think that even after Kate becomes queen, she will be called "Kate Middleton" in the press.:sad:

I think so. I mean, we have "Anne Boleyn", "Jane Seymour", etc and Camilla will forever be "Camilla Parker Bowles" (her previous husband's name, not even her maiden "Shand").

Last edited:
So much for privacy when it turns out they did a Hello exclusive!

Beautiful dress. Nice gesture and very thoughtful
Yes it was a lovely gesture. The couple had the small and private wedding that they seemed to desire with family and friends to join them.

Having had a look through the new Hello, if you are connected to a senior royal and decide to share photos with them this would be the way to do it: A few pictures, all focusing on the couple, their dogs and the countryside with all the proceeds to charity. There aren't any photos of the Cambridges or even Pippa which might cause controversy.

Unlike Peter and Autumn it isn't featuring senior royals (and the first pictures of Kate and Chelsea invited to family events) for money.

I suppose it would now be more accurate to say it was entirely private whilst being held.

Limited number of pictures, proceeds to charity. Many would struggle to find fault with that.
It's not private when you release details and pictures to the media.

It's not private when you release details and pictures to the media.

I know what you are saying but in my view they are controlling the situation. No hoardes of press at the wedding venue.
The event itself was private.

Having had a look through the new Hello, if you are connected to a senior royal and decide to share photos with them this would be the way to do it: A few pictures, all focusing on the couple, their dogs and the countryside with all the proceeds to charity. There aren't any photos of the Cambridges or even Pippa which might cause controversy.

Unlike Peter and Autumn it isn't featuring senior royals (and the first pictures of Kate and Chelsea invited to family events) for money.

I suppose it would now be more accurate to say it was entirely private whilst being held.

I know what you are saying but in my view they are controlling the situation. No hoardes of press at the wedding venue.
The event itself was private.

I agree, this is a great way of providing a little bit of a glimpse, focussing on the couple themselves. That the proceeds went to charity is an added bonus, IMO.

Most of this article appears to be a promotion for the Middletons’ business, Party Pieces, with accompanying photos.

:previous:
They look very happy, although I hate those pants that sweep the floor.

Also, she should change her hair sometimes, that long straight look isn't the most flattering.

Nice to see the Middletons supporting Kate by attending the carol service at Westminster Abbey.

I love Pippa's coat but am not sure about Alizee's pantsuit.

Nice to see the Middletons supporting Kate by attending the carol service at Westminster Abbey.

I love Pippa's coat but am not sure about Alizee's pantsuit.

In my opinion Alizee doesn't look as elegeant as other ladies. The pantsuit is horrible, doesn't match with boots ( very old and used boots). :sad:

In my opinion Alizee doesn't look as elegeant as other ladies. The pantsuit is horrible, doesn't match with boots ( very old and used boots). :sad:

I have to agree. From the little I've seen of Alizee she seems quiet, shy, and a bit uncomfortable with the type of "high fashion" looks we've come to expect from the Middletons. Her look just never quite seems to be as glamorous or as polished as that of Carole, Kate, and Pippa. I'm not sure if this is something we'll see in time as she becomes a bit more accustomed to being in such close proximity to the RF or if this is simply what we'll always see from her. Regardless, I have to agree that she most definitely has a different style than the rest of the Middleton women. For this particular look I don't really think it has anything to do with pants vs. dress since both Zara and Sophie wore pants and looked typically elegant and classic (particularly Zara) but Alizee just in general seems uncomfortable with the most formal or fashionable or glamorous events.

When the Duchess got married her father had the coats of Arms of Middelton made, I remeber at the time it was the name of the person who did it. Anyone here remeber who was that person?
Thank you in advance

I have to agree. From the little I've seen of Alizee she seems quiet, shy, and a bit uncomfortable with the type of "high fashion" looks we've come to expect from the Middletons. Her look just never quite seems to be as glamorous or as polished as that of Carole, Kate, and Pippa. I'm not sure if this is something we'll see in time as she becomes a bit more accustomed to being in such close proximity to the RF or if this is simply what we'll always see from her. Regardless, I have to agree that she most definitely has a different style than the rest of the Middleton women. For this particular look I don't really think it has anything to do with pants vs. dress since both Zara and Sophie wore pants and looked typically elegant and classic (particularly Zara) but Alizee just in general seems uncomfortable with the most formal or fashionable or glamorous events.

In fairness, Carole and Pippa have had over a decade in the spotlight, so have had the time to refine their look and get comfortable to the point of appearing almost effortless in their dressing.

When the Duchess got married her father had the coats of Arms of Middelton made, I remeber at the time it was the name of the person who did it. Anyone here remeber who was that person?
Thank you in advance
Here's what I could find. Official statement from BP:
Miss Catherine Middleton has a new Coat of Arms in advance of her wedding to Prince William. Miss Middleton’s Coat of Arms derives from one which is being granted to her father, Mr. Michael Middleton. The design of the Arms was agreed and approved by Mr. Thomas Woodcock (Garter King of Arms and Senior Herald in England), who is based at the College of Arms in London.
And this article from NYPost: https://nypost.com/2011/04/19/kate-middleton-gets-her-own-coat-of-arms/
It seems that Mr. Woodcock did cooperate closely with the Middletons during the process of creating it:
Woodcock said, “It’s not compulsory but as their daughter is marrying into the royal family she will have a need probably to use a coat of arms.”
“The Middleton family particularly wanted acorns or oak and I think Catherine Middleton in particular was responsible for the idea of these oak sprigs,” Woodcock said.

It's a beautiful coat of arms. I love that Catherine's wedding earrings included a nod to the Coat of Arms/her childhood home.

"The countdown to Easter has started!
​Carole says: "As the days get longer and brighter, we can look forward to the joys of spring; fresh blooms, new beginnings, Easter and more reasons to celebrate. I always love curating the pretty pastels and fun touches for this season, and hope you enjoy the collection too. Easter will be extra special this year, as we can be with friends and family again, so let’s get preparing...""

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbpShUVvpWJ/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom