The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-17-2015, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

The individual isn't their target. People spend a lot of money on weddings, special occasion parties. Companies spend a lot of promo items.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 08-17-2015, 03:55 PM
Courtier

Well, some people spend literally thousands on wedding cakes which are consumed and hundreds on other cakes. Then there is/was the whole cupcake fad. Hard to say whether there would be a market for customized marshmallows. I wouldn't be buying a set personally as I'm not a marshmallow fan, so I'm obviously not his target market :)

Old 08-17-2015, 04:24 PM
Courtier

Sndral, I don't get the cup.cake fad either.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:47 PM
Majesty

I wanted to have cupcakes shaped as a wedding cake for my wedding, but got shot down, because my mother knew someone who was willing to bake a cake for a reasonable price. Cupcakes appealed to me because it would be easier to serve. No cutting, and people could pick which one they wanted. Anyhow, not sure how I feel about seeing my picture on anything edible, but 'creeped out' comes pretty close. However, that's the big thing now, so James' business will probably see some profits. The price is a bit much, especially for a marshmallow (with, or without a picture), but I guess if you were buying the vegan version, you'd paying a similar amount.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I wanted to have cupcakes shaped as a wedding cake for my wedding, but got shot down, because my mother knew someone who was willing to bake a cake for a reasonable price. Cupcakes appealed to me because it would be easier to serve. No cutting, and people could pick which one they wanted. Anyhow, not sure how I feel about seeing my picture on anything edible, but 'creeped out' comes pretty close. However, that's the big thing now, so James' business will probably see some profits. The price is a bit much, especially for a marshmallow (with, or without a picture), but I guess if you were buying the vegan version, you'd paying a similar amount.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
I bake the actual fruit cake for friends and they take it and get it iced professionally. Again it is a Delia Smith recipe.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:51 AM
Serene Highness

Royal reporter Emily Nash is tweeting that photos of the Duchess of Cambridge's family - on holiday - are being published.

Describing the photos as "stunning", it sounds as though they've been somewhere, well, stunning.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:36 PM
Majesty

On vacation? In Mustique, perhaps?
Old 08-23-2015, 02:41 PM
Courtier

please don't let these be Pap photographs, please.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
On vacation? In Mustique, perhaps?

Photos now online - Pippa super-toned in her red bikini.

It's St Barths Marty91charmed - they stayed at the Eden Rock.

And yes Honeybees - I don't think they could be anything but pap/general public mobile phone photos.

(On my tablet, can't link - photos will be everywhere soon though no doubt.)
Old 08-23-2015, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness

Pippa, James, Donna, Carole and possibly Mike are on holiday at St. Barths. They are staying at the resort Eden Rock which is owned by their friends the Matthews family. Next week, Pippa and James will be competing in Sweden at an athletic endurance challenge on behalf of the Michael Matthews Foundation. I imagine this holiday is a "thank you" from the Matthews family.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a similar stay last year considering Pippa and James rode their bikes across America for the Michael Matthews Team.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:43 PM
Majesty

How are this info known? There seem to be a lot of details.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:57 PM
Serene Highness

All of the info you can easily Google. I have no "inside info".

1. We know Pippa, James and Carole were on the trip due to pap pictures. We can presume Donna is on the trip because of her IG posts. Mike remains a question mark.

2. It is publicly known that the Matthews own Eden Rock. They also own a resort in the Scottish Highlands.

3. The Swedish endurance challenge has been reported by the British media in the last 24 hours. You'll find it under the tacky headlines talking about Pippa spending her birthday in Sweden.

4. Check any of the articles last year detailing the bike ride across America. It was on behalf of the Michael Matthews foundation in conjunction with the British Heart Foundation.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Could we please try to remain on topic. Private conversations should be conducted by Private Message and not within the thread.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:04 PM
Serene Highness

The "Daily Mail/Mail Online" now has some of the St Barths photos - all very action-packed, and Pippa a bit ganged up on by the look of things.

Lots of fun being had.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:16 AM
Serene Highness

I can't wait to hear about Richard Kay's next column.
"The invisible sister/daughter: Why didn't Catherine attend the family vacation? Is she estranged from the Middletons? Will Mike and Carole ever see their grandchildren again!?!?"
Old 08-24-2015, 12:22 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background

Is the revenge of Charles as payback for Carole keeping George away from him? as he vows to cut off Princess Kate's cork wedges and Breton striped tops fund if she is seen with family- coming soon to the Daily Mail. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-24-2015, 12:26 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I can't wait to hear about Richard Kay's next column.
"The invisible sister/daughter: Why didn't Catherine attend the family vacation? Is she estranged from the Middletons? Will Mike and Carole ever see their grandchildren again!?!?"
Will never happen. He can't put Diana into it.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Will never happen. He can't put Diana into it.

He can always wedge Diana in there.

Let's see... Well, clearly the problems between the Cambridges and Middletons are caused because Carole is trying too hard to mother William, disrespecting the memory of Diana.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:38 AM
Serene Highness

Never underestimate Richard Kay!

He can talk about how Catherine is estranged from the Middletons just like Diana was with the Spencers. Then he can add a jab about how a postpartum Catherine wouldn't want to be seen in a bikini. Then add some mock-concern that she could develop bulimia like Diana.

I can already hear the pitter-patter of his computer keyboard.

Next Charlotte Griffiths - who often contradicts the other Mail writers - will say Catherine was indeed on the vacation. She was just hiding in the sand dunes to give the paparazzi a taste of their own medicine.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:36 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
And to even remember the notion that I found TRF looking for outrageous hats.

Years later... not many idiotic looking hats in sight but a good source of finding good friends and good humor. Rumors still abound.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth