The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mayor/officiant stated in the article that he speaks "very poor English"...I wonder if the vows were recited in Alizee's native French?

The mayor/officiant stated in the article that he speaks "very poor English"...I wonder if the vows were recited in Alizee's native French?

That is quite possible indeed.

If it wasn't for the bouquet I'd say they might just as well have been guests at someone else's wedding. It's little bridal to me.

The ceremony was a civil one.
Let's hope for a church wedding in the future with another dress :flowers:

Though Alizee looks lovely there and they both are radiant!

If it wasn't for the bouquet I'd say they might just as well have been guests at someone else's wedding. It's little bridal to me.

At a wedding ceremony, a white colour is reserved for a bride.

It was a civil ceremony in a town hall in a village.
I think the attire was appropriate, at the end of the day it is what made them happy.
They maybe glammed up for a party in the evening.
Who knows it was their day their choice.

I thought it was a lovely wedding, but I didn't care for the bouquet.
That village is supposedly known for colorful flowers, but that bouquet looked drab.

Of course their day, their choice and even if it was only a civil wedding, I simply stated my opinion.
I didn't tear them down, I only said it looks bare to me.

It is mandatory. And if the bride or the groom does not speak enough the language to be sure she/he understands what it’s said, they need a translator.

Sad news. Unfortunately, he cannot attend his daughter's wedding.

That had to be hard on the family having the beloved father pass away amid plans being made for a wedding. I'd love to think that somewhere, somehow in the wedding ceremony, he was remembered and included.

When my youngest son married, her mother walked her down the aisle and as they reached close to the celebrant, they lit a memorial candle to the bride's father to include him. As they started the ceremony, it started raining and as it was an outside wedding, we all moved closer to the couple under a canopy and it was noticed that the candle extinguished itself and not because of the rain. It was taken as a sign that the bride's father was very much present and brought on quite a few tears. One of the most memorable points of the whole ceremony.

What a wonderful photo of the happy couple on their wedding day :previous:

Last edited:
What a beautiful idea! That dress does NOT look 40 years old!

The mayor referred to the DoC as "Kate Middleton" which is as surprising as it is inappropriate. I am starting to think that even after Kate becomes queen, she will be called "Kate Middleton" in the press.:sad:
From what I remember when the duchess sued for those topless pictures in France. That the French always use maiden names. So in that case it makes sense that the mayor used Middleton.

From what I remember when the duchess sued for those topless pictures in France. That the French always use maiden names. So in that case it makes sense that the mayor used Middleton.

No in France you are most of the time called by your married name, unless you specify that you want to keep your maiden name. The mayor, out of respect, should have called her The Duchess of Cambridge not Kate Middleton.
In legal documents, she would be referred as Catherine Middleton Spouse Mountbatten-Windsor.

No in France you are most of the time called by your married name, unless you specify that you want to keep your maiden name. The mayor, out of respect, should have called her The Duchess of Cambridge not Kate Middleton.
In legal documents, she would be referred as Catherine Middleton Spouse Mountbatten-Windsor.
Then I remembered it wrongly. Thanks for the information.

That dress was perfect for the type of wedding they had.
I'll bet Carole was delighted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom