The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
James married Alizee yesterday in France:

"Mr & Mrs Middleton ❤️
Yesterday I married the love of my life surrounded by family, friends and of course a few dogs in the beautiful village or Bormes-les-Mimosas. Words cannot describe how happy I am ❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTupl07g_ug/

Congratulations to the couple!

Beautiful picture of the newlyweds. Why doesn't it surprise me that there's a dog in the picture? :D

What good news! Did William and Kate attend the wedding?

What good news! Did William and Kate attend the wedding?

Hello! magazine says "It is believed that ...." William, Kate, Pippa, James and all their children were there, as well as Carole and Michael.

James and Alizee finally did it and I am SO happy for them!

Best wishes for a long and happy marriage surrounded by their dogs and (hopefully) babies:p

Just wonderful and Congratulations to the newly wed couple!

I’m so happy they managed to do it on their own terms with seemingly no press intrusion! Congratulations, they look so happy in the photo James released!

Congratulations to them, but I regret there are no pix of the family.

Congratulations to them, but I regret there are no pix of the family.

I'm not surprised at all that there aren't any. It was a private, family wedding and the bridal couple would have disliked a media invasion on their day just because some of the family members happen to be members of the British Royal Family. Pippa and James went the media route but that was their choice to make.

This is fantastic news! Congratulations to the happy couple!

James has always come across (at least to me) as a semi private person. I am impressed he pulled off a wedding without the press.

...didn't he already have those...? (from when Pippa married)

That is correct. However, now that James Middleton married Alizee, Prince William has two brothers-in-law named James and each James is married.

Hope it all went well. Much as I would love to see pictures of the couple with their friends and family, I am happy to respect their privacy, and be content with the picture shared so far.

All the best to them, they look very happy x

What a gorgeous French village!
I would love to visit it sometime.

Wonder if they stayed in a hotel or rented a house?

The privacy around this event also demonstrates that the couple are surrounded by loyal discreet friends. Not a whisper came out about this.

The privacy around this event also demonstrates that the couple are surrounded by loyal discreet friends. Not a whisper came out about this.

Yes I noticed that and a rare well kept secret in this day and age.

Yes I noticed that and a rare well kept secret in this day and age.

I agree. Good to see the announcement and photograph come after the event, with not a tweet or an Instagram picture from friend, family or the press other than what the groom has released.

Well the fact that Rebecca English knows that all of the Cambridge children attended means someone has spoken to the press.

Well the fact that Rebecca English knows that all of the Cambridge children attended means someone has spoken to the press.

Does Rebecca English know for sure, or is she just speculating, as a lot of tabloid journalists often do?

It doesn't really matter now. What's important is that they didn't have people hanging around trying to take photos on the day. They're possibly quite happy for people to know that all the Cambridges were there - if they hadn't been, some idiot in the media would be speculating that there was a rift or that the Middleton side of the family was being neglected!

It actually sounds as if the person who spoke to the press was the mayor of the town, who officiated at the wedding - enjoying his 15 minutes of fame by telling people that he was chatting to William and Kate!

Last edited:

The officiant spoke to the local press afterwards and said all the Cambridges were there.

I think James Middleton's wedding would always have caused less paparazzi interest than Pippa's. The narrative around Pippa's personal life was pretty intense at one point.

However it is a bit impressive that nothing leaked out somewhere. The Mayor said everyone involved was sworn to complete secrecy during the planning. He does not mention if he was given permission to divulge a few details afterwards or not.

https://people.com/royals/james-middleton-wedding-officiant-shares-details/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom