The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-09-2015, 12:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Will it be Earl Michael and Countess Carole Middleton?
Will it be Earl Michael Middleton and Countess Carole? EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE asks | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-09-2015, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
So the logic is because it happened for Lord Snowden, it WILL happen for the Middletons. And Charles will do it so that Pippa and James can have titles. Rubbish. I doubt Charles worries about Pippa and James much at all.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
So the logic is because it happened for Lord Snowden, it WILL happen for the Middletons. And Charles will do it so that Pippa and James can have titles. Rubbish. I doubt Charles worries about Pippa and James much at all.

Well, and Lord Snowden was marrying the sister of the Queen, and the then fourth in line to the throne.

The Middletons are the parents of someone who married into the royal family. It's totally different and this is a rubbish tabloid item best ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't think it'll happen either. If Charles was to offer an earldom to Michael Middleton, wouldn't it stand to reason that he would also offer some kind of a title to Sophie's father?
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-09-2015, 10:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't think it'll happen either. If Charles was to offer an earldom to Michael Middleton, wouldn't it stand to reason that he would also offer some kind of a title to Sophie's father?
In a way, yes. But in another way, the Middletons are grandparents to a future king. But I don't think it will be done. If it would be I think it would happen when they got married`? Or maybe when William become prince of Wales? Meh, I don't think it will happen. Not needed.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

At the time of wedding, Tony Armstrong-Jones turned down the earldom. He didn't accept it until Margaret got pregnant with David. Fast forward several years to Mark and Anne who had the same situation and offer of an Earldom and turned it down.

I don't think Mike and Carole would want a peerage. They get enough flak already and that would just attract more scrutiny and hatred.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-09-2015, 01:36 PM
Serene Highness

The Daily Fail yet again trying to stir up "the masses".
Old 07-10-2015, 10:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pippa and James, the 'nearly royals': Why courtiers are worried by the rise and rise of Kate's very pushy siblings-
Why Kate Middleton's very pushy siblings are worrying courtiers | Daily Mail Online

I honestly believe the only people who have a problem with the Middleton's are some members of the media and some folks on the internet. I think the royal family and royal courtiers are fully aware of how important family life is to the Cambridge's and respect the fact the Middleton's are included in William & Catherine's life. I think the Middleton's are doing okay when it comes to their lives in the spotlight. They know they walk a pretty tightrope though. It can't be an easy thing to do, but they have their own lives to live.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-10-2015, 11:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Pippa and James, the 'nearly royals': Why courtiers are worried by the rise and rise of Kate's very pushy siblings-
Why Kate Middleton's very pushy siblings are worrying courtiers | Daily Mail Online

I honestly believe the only people who have a problem with the Middleton's are some members of the media and some folks on the internet. I think the royal family and royal courtiers are fully aware of how important family life is to the Cambridge's and respect the fact the Middleton's are included in William & Catherine's life. I think the Middleton's are doing okay when it comes to their lives in the spotlight. They know they walk a pretty tightrope though. It can't be an easy thing to do, but they have their own lives to live.
I think the courtiers have other things to worry about, and don't particularly care about Catherine's family, especially since the said family hasn't put a foot wrong. The Middletons know better than to do something stupid. Must be another slow day for the DM.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:05 PM
Heir Apparent

The media does this on purpose, they throw out some ridiculous story lines and see what sticks. Ignore it and it will go away, for now
Old 07-10-2015, 11:06 PM
Gentry

After having to retract and apologize for the lies about Carole and Mike, you would think DM would fade into the shadows for a little while. Why any one would believe anything written in that tabloid is beyond me.....
Old 07-10-2015, 11:09 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background

Here's the link to the royal box info from Wimbledon's website.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/atoz/royal_box.html

No mention of having to make a great contribution to British society. The Middletons could be considered supporters of British Tennis, one a the mentioned categories.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I honestly believe the only people who have a problem with the Middleton's are some members of the media and some folks on the internet. I think the royal family and royal courtiers are fully aware of how important family life is to the Cambridge's and respect the fact the Middleton's are included in William & Catherine's life. I think the Middleton's are doing okay when it comes to their lives in the spotlight. They know they walk a pretty tight rope, though. It can't be an easy thing to do, but they have their own lives to live.
Well said, Dman. A good post. I agree 100%.

BTW I am struck that Kate and Pippa often dress nearly alike at important family events (wedding, christenings). It strikes me that these two sisters function like twins, with that kind of closeness and respect. Such bonds are gold. George and Charlotte are fortunate to be born into that kind family, with that level of warmth and connection. Can only be healthy.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I honestly believe the only people who have a problem with the Middleton's are some members of the media and some folks on the internet.
I agree.
All sorts of people sit in the Royal Box from visiting royalty (Prince Albert of Monaco) to sports figures (Sir Ben Ainslie) to celebrities.
Why NOT Pippa and James?
Old 07-11-2015, 12:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrobug View Post
After having to retract and apologize for the lies about Carole and Mike, you would think DM would fade into the shadows for a little while. Why any one would believe anything written in that tabloid is beyond me.....
I think it's a case of what people want to believe. The DM is very good at stirring people up. Also, their website is very successful, in large part because they post lots of pictures, and that gets people sucked in. I worry about the people who write this stuff more than anything.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Here's the link to the royal box info from Wimbledon's website.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/atoz/royal_box.html

No mention of having to make a great contribution to British society. The Middletons could be considered supporters of British Tennis, one a the mentioned categories.

I would interpret "supporters of British tennis" to mean those who coach, develop or financially support the game - not who are interested in attending a social event with tennis as a backdrop. I don't know, are James & pippa regular players or members of the LTA? Did either show any interest in tennis before Kate married William, do they attend other tournaments? I'm not talking here about other tournaments in the social round like the U.S. Open or Queens. Have they ever been spotted on Court 13 watching the world number 200 play the world number 150. That's a supporter of tennis. I know next to nothing about them and so can't say.

There's no reason for them not to be invited into the Royal Box as those "from other walks of life".

Of course, they could turn down the invite and choose to sit elsewhere where they could not be accused by the uncharitable of cashing in on their sister. I'm sure there are equally good seats elsewhere in the ground.

Personally, I choose not to believe anything Richard Kay writes about Charles & Camilla so I'd also have to give James & Pippa the benefit of the doubt & say the story is another figment of Mr Kay's imagination.

Old 07-11-2015, 12:58 AM
Courtier

Are Catherine's siblings really in the forefront?

It was The Mail that whined that Pippa wasn't chosen as godparent. It was The Mail who hoped she would become her sister's lady-in-waiting. It was The Mail that invented a romance between Pippa and Harry. It was The Mail that said Nico Jackson and Donna Air aren't good enough for Pippa and James because they lack blue-bood. It seems The Mail has become angry over their own lies.

In reality before Charlotte's Christening the last time we saw Catherine and Pippa pictured together was George's Christening. And most of the public doesn't know James exists, hence all the headlines over who was the mysterious bearded-man at the Christening.

I don't see quasi-royals at all. I see a respectable and business-minded family who lead very different lives than Catherine, even if they're close to her behind shut doors. I think The Mail is angry that the Middletons don't act hoity-toity like the paper claimed they would/should. Instead of admitting they guessed wrong, they are doubling down and throwing more fire at the Middletons. How immature.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
I would interpret "supporters of British tennis" to mean those who coach, develop or financially support the game - not who are interested in attending a social event with tennis as a backdrop. I don't know, are James & pippa regular players or members of the LTA? Did either show any interest in tennis before Kate married William, do they attend other tournaments? I'm not talking here about other tournaments in the social round like the U.S. Open or Queens. Have they ever been spotted on Court 13 watching the world number 200 play the world number 150. That's a supporter of tennis. I know next to nothing about them and so can't say.

There's no reason for them not to be invited into the Royal Box as those "from other walks of life".

Of course, they could turn down the invite and choose to sit elsewhere where they could not be accused by the uncharitable of cashing in on their sister. I'm sure there are equally good seats elsewhere in the ground.

Personally, I choose not to believe anything Richard Kay writes about Charles & Camilla so I'd also have to give James & Pippa the benefit of the doubt & say the story is another figment of Mr Kay's imagination.

Both Pippa and Catherine are avid tennis players. The Middletons are friends with the Heinmans and have been going to Wimbledon for years. Most years they are spotted attending more than once and usually not in the Royal box. Pippa has been photographed at the French Open and I believe the U.S. open as well. I've read that she's a member of the All England Club. She's a bit of a fitness nut with her marathons and lately biking. I haven't read anything about James and whether he plays tennis.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Both Pippa and Catherine are avid tennis players. The Middletons are friends with the Heinmans and have been going to Wimbledon for years. Most years they are spotted attending more than once and usually not in the Royal box. Pippa has been photographed at the French Open and I believe the U.S. open as well. I've read that she's a member of the All England Club. She's a bit of a fitness nut with her marathons and lately biking. I haven't read anything about James and whether he plays tennis.
During Christmas 2009, James was papped playing tennis with Catherine.

During one of Gary's interviews he talked about playing tennis with James, and how he knew he was old when James started to beat him.

Also, Pippa is buddies with Roger Federer. It was Roger that gave Pippa an all-access pass at the U.S. Open in 2012. Pippa also knows Andy Roddick and sat next to his parents during his final match. She was also papped wearing an Andy Roddick Charity Foundation shirt, which Mrs. Roddick proudly tweeted about.

Lastly, The Middletons have tennis connections through Adam Middleton. He is good friends with Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli, and plays doubles tennis with her.

The Middletons even played tennis when living in Jordan. Here's a quote.

Hanna Hashweh, 69, chief executive of the Hashweh Corporation travel agency in Amman, remembers the family. Mr Hashweh was a BA agent at the time and visited the Middleton home several times during their years in Jordan.
"Michael was straightforward and honest," he recalled. "He was a man of integrity. During the week they didn't have a very active social life because he worked long hours.
"But he used to play tennis at the British Embassy Club and the family used to go to Petra and [the Roman ruins at] Jerash during the weekends. I visited them several times."
Old 07-11-2015, 02:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post

Thank you for your response.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth