The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Royalist is reporting the News of the World will have an scandalous exclusive on Kate's uncle. The tabloid says her uncle did drugs and had flings with prostitutes at a villa Wills and Kate once stayed at.

The Royalist - Alleged Sex & Drugs Scandal Hits Kate Middleton's Family

The way I see it, its the News of the World. What are the chances that they ever accurately report on anything?

Well I can't help myself, but isn't it a big scandal, that the uncle of the girl, who maybe will be Queen some day, is in a video, where he deals with drugs?? IMO it reflects bad on the Middletons... Its disgusting :nonono: I don't want to be the moralizer, but in my eyes its a no-go.

:previous:
Surely the family must have known something about this? It' gardly something you can keep a secret. Another upset for the middleton family. Bet tea with the Queen won't happen now.

March of the middle class Middletons: How Kate's family found themselves in the limelight March of the middle class Middletons: How Kate's family found themselves in the limelight | Mail Online

As for the family using there royal "connections" to get places, it's not surprising. They should however be more careful to us this to their advantage, a 4 page spread in hello for James basically screamed i'm the kings future brother in law. :lol:

On one side I agree, but I hardly can't understand, that times have changed that much? A few years before, I'm sure it would have been said: That family aren't the people a Prince of Wales (or his successor) should be in contact with. Remember Camilla wasn't allowed for some reasons to be with Charles. And there were a many lower scandals, which ruined some other womans reputes... And its not only the drug-thing (what IMO is a very bad thing) - its everything, his behaviour, his BELLY :lol: OMG, its so cheesy. And I think you can see such things even on her mother, brother and sister... I don't know and I'm sorry, but it makes me really urghh... :nonono: Its not only a little bit bizarre - its cheesy IMO.

My take is that every family has embarassing relatives, and so do the Middletons. The BRF have Princess Micahel of Kent and her various antics over the years, the Middletons have Uncle Gary.... Big deal!

And just how would a reporter from The Mail know? Forced my ****!

Here is another article.

For heaven's sake, everyone's got a dodgy uncle. No doubt there will be hand-wringing over yesterday's News of the World allegations that Kate Middleton's uncle supplies cocaine and hookers. Questions will be asked about whether she's a fit consort for a future king. The whole ghastly "doors to manual" slurs about the Middleton family will be trotted out. But isn't there something rather delicious about the whole affair?

Liz Hoggard: We must all admit our dodgy uncles - Commentators, Opinion - The Independent

Oh look they have been reading this thread! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have mixed feelings regarding Kate's uncle. Every family has its oddball or eccentric and Royals are no exception. Moreover, Mr. Goldsmith is an adult who makes his own choices and the Middletons and Kate are not responsible for this.

However, the question that arises is how muchdid Kate and her family know about his activities. If for example they knew about his unsavoury activities and chose to turn a blind eye then it says a lot about their lack of character and judgement.

I agree that every family has an oddball or eccentric but I think Kate´s uncle is a little more than this, in case no one noticed the activities mentioned in the article are illegal.
The BRF family must have known otherwise why do they have so many security people working for them and looking after them, and especially the heir to the heir to the throne?
I doubt that Uncle´s family didn´t know and it certainly didn´t stop them from having him to family occasions and didn´t uncle say he had met Prince William?
So far all is quiet on the BRF front, but I think this is a bit too big for them to ignore. I am interested to hear if this is going to be swept under the plush royal carpets or not.

There's certainly more than enough evidence here for criminal charges to be laid against the uncle. Let's see whether that happens.:ermm:

And just how would a reporter from The Mail know? Forced my ****!

Here is another article.

For heaven's sake, everyone's got a dodgy uncle. No doubt there will be hand-wringing over yesterday's News of the World allegations that Kate Middleton's uncle supplies cocaine and hookers. Questions will be asked about whether she's a fit consort for a future king. The whole ghastly "doors to manual" slurs about the Middleton family will be trotted out. But isn't there something rather delicious about the whole affair?

Liz Hoggard: We must all admit our dodgy uncles - Commentators, Opinion - The Independent

Oh look they have been reading this thread! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Middletons, overall decent, middle class family, got a black sheep, uncle Gary.:rolleyes: Agreed, every family has a black sheep.
I don't think that it make William not to marry Kate. He may not marry her but only because he is not at this point of his life he would want to marry anyone. So, Kate and William relationship is likely to be OK, regardless uncle Gary, but for sure the tabloids will have something to write about during rather boring summer season.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Eh, they're used to things like this. Camilla's son admitted to cocaine use, Harry was caught smoking pot.

:previous::ermm: I guess I don't get the whole 'Doors To Manual' thing - I've never heard anyone say it while I was on a plane, and if it's supposed to be an insult, it makes no sense. Are they supposedly sneering at her because she worked on an airplane?
Is it some sort of British expression?

It's because she worked as a flight attendant and was middle class. It's a class insult.

It's because she worked as a flight attendant and was middle class. It's a class insult.

In a way you are right it was meant as an insult but being a flight attendant didn´t make her automatically middle class. Most of the upper classes wouldn´t look down on this profession, in fact I am sure some of the daughters of these classes have worked as flight attendants in fact it is is and was considered a very good job for a girl to see the world and look very beautiful and smart while doing it. The point with Carole is that she wasn´t middle class and unfortunately the article about her brother has brought this to the fore. I feel sorry for her as she was leaving all this behind her and if her daughter had started dating the son of an earl or even a duke nothing would have been noted probably but this unfortunate man (caught out by very tricky reporters) would be a disgrace for most families but when the niece has been pointed out as a future Queen of England it is a completely different scenario. I feel sorry for them, this has been a very severe blow and I don´t think many british people would be pleased at a Queen with this
obviously very low class uncle, who besides that seems allegedly to be indulging in illegal activities.

Kate must be feeling quite awkward in royal company this weekend. :whistling:
I would think the royal family was very much aware of Uncle Gary long before the News of the World or the Mail. :flowers: With the allegations that King Edward was a nazi supporter being aired again, Uncle Gary seems quite harmless.:D
-----------------------------------
As Kate Middleton's uncle Gary is alleged to take drugs, Kathy Lette recalls her own embarrassing relatives

Don't worry, Kate Middleton. My family is bleating with black sheep - Telegraph

I suppose your right, but the fact that it's in the newspaper now, must be causing a stir among the royals. But I can imagine that only a few close members of the royal family knew about Uncle Gary. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone knew about Uncle Gary it was probably the Queen, Prince Phillip and Prince Charles. What is Kate going to say if she knew? Oh, by the way...do you know my uncle sells drugs? Again, I stand by my point that the minders (security, the grey men in the Palace, etc.) knew but as long as it didn't compromise's Williams' security, he wasn't with the man all the time, etc. They were going to let it stay in teh background.

She probably had a hint something wasn't right...but lived by the motto...ask me no question and I will tell you no lies.

And yes, Camilla's son, Freddie Windsor, Harry, etc. Unfortunately, the use of illegal drugs is something that all classes seem to take part of. So again, if William and Kate don't marry or continue dating its not going to be because of the uncle.

Regardless of how the press tries to sugarcoat this, it does not look good for the Middleton's.

I am puzzled at the 'outrage', is William expected to marry Uncle Gary or Kate?:whistling:

:previous::ermm: I don't know - Tabloid stories aside ( good news doesn't sell as well as bad, so there will always be more bad stories than good ) if you read the comments at the bottom of the papers, I don't think there is that much outrage. Most people seem to say "every family has its black sheep" or what you said, he's not marrying Kates uncle.

Of course William won´t be marrying Gary, but if he does decide to marry Kate he will be gaining an uncle and Gary will be gaining a very close family tie (bloodline as Gary himself said) to the BRF.

Of course William won´t be marrying Gary, but if he does decide to marry Kate he will be gaining an uncle and Gary will be gaining a very close family tie (bloodline as Gary himself said) to the BRF.

Sure, but what good is a bloodline if there is no access!

I wasn´t referring to his getting a "Goldsmith wing" as he mentioned (even though jokingly) but an uncle, brother to your mother´s sister cannot be just ignored completely. He exists and will always exist even though members of his family have moved to higher circles. I am sure there are lots of people in the world who would like to pretend that some members of their family do not exist but it is a little difficult for the BRF.
I thought he seemed a jolly man, probably loads of fun, but Prince William went to stay with him, at least the paper said he did, so his family is definitely not ashamed of him, or they weren´t until now. I feel sorry for the man, he is definitely going to be in the family black book from now on and just for being his own friendly self.

Regardless of how the press tries to sugarcoat this, it does not look good for the Middleton's.

Thats quite right. These articles aren't very good.
In the How many MORE skeletons in the middleton closest?

"Each was iced with one of Hello!'s memorable front pages, several of them depicting members of the Royal Family, including - inevitably - Princess Diana"

:previous:
No matter how hard Kate tries, the press will always bring her back to Diana. It's awful. :nonono::nonono:

As already pointed out, most family members, commoners or royals, have been dragged through the media with embarrassing stories before. Kate is in the loop for so long that people have an opinion about her and her family anyway, so who cares about uncle Gary. Everybody has more or less an uncle Gary in the family if there is a good effort of digging deep enough.

However, it's unfortunate. I think the less Kate is in the media, be it via uncle Gary (that's not her fault) or via kiss video that is being discussed in the current events thread, the better for her and the public opinion about her. I hope she won't return to her picture being all over the place on a daily basis.

The less I hear about Kate in her time as commoner the more I will like her as a princess, should this ever happen of course.

:previous::ermm: I don't know - Tabloid stories aside ( good news doesn't sell as well as bad, so there will always be more bad stories than good ) if you read the comments at the bottom of the papers, I don't think there is that much outrage. Most people seem to say "every family has its black sheep" or what you said, he's not marrying Kates uncle.

I just read the article about "Uncle Gary" and I mostly agree, everyone has members of their family they wouldn't want the press to hear of.
It's sort of interesting that there's not much outrage in the comments, though--I've seen outrage in the comments about celebrities whose lives are no more chaotic than his. Maybe the truth is that no one has strong feelings about him.

I do agree that "Uncle Gary" has nothing to do with Kate's suitability for the royal family...but I'd have to qualify that by saying that looking at your future spouse's family history is sometimes important. So often, children follow the same patterns of behaviour as their parents. Statistics show that children of divorced parents are more likely to be divorced themselves, and I think that played out with both Diana and Sarah. Diana especially resorted to the vindictiveness she saw when her parents' marriage broke down. Obviously it doesn't mean that children will follow in the footsteps of their parents or that they can't avoid doing so, but it's hard to escape the influence of your parents. Kate's parents are together, (as far as I know?), so that's a good sign for a successful marriage between Kate and William.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom