The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Middleton quit her first public school Downe House because she was 'bullied' | Mail Online

When Kate Middleton asked her wedding guests to donate to an anti-bullying charity, the message seemed clear.

Here, finally, was the future Queen’s tacit admission that she herself had once been a victim, after former classmates claimed she suffered at the hands of cruel bullies as a teenager.
I think through this bad experience Kate's personality strenghtened.However,it's good that she had a possibility to quit the school.

Catherine herself never said she was bullied at this school, we have reports only from one of her so called friend, Jessica Hay, [whom to this day didn't said if she was invited to the wedding], therefore I'd be more cautious.
Once she starts to do engagements, and since she chose among those wedding-gifts-charity a bullying related one , I can see her address in a speech her personal experience with it.

Catherine herself never said she was bullied at this school, we have reports only from one of her so called friend, Jessica Hay, [whom to this day didn't said if she was invited to the wedding], therefore I'd be more cautious.
Once she starts to do engagements, and since she chose among those wedding-gifts-charity a bullying related one , I can see her address in a speech her personal experience with it.

I will also wait until Kate confirms the story. I will be similarly cautious about Miss Hay. She is not a friend. Does anyone else have a friend like this?

Miss Hay, who has quit work at a law firm to concentrate on selling her story, claimed she had been misquoted in a News Of The World story previewing the book, called Kate, which is due to be published by best-selling author Sean Smith on May 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

God, Carole looks ridiculous. She dresses like her daughters and may well have the body for it, but certainly not the face. She looks much, much older than her age and the short skirt and biker boots are not the best choice.

There is a saying that when yeu got married you should take a look at the mother and you know how your wife will look one day. In Kate's case I believe that is true. She will have a great body but from her face she already looks much older now, nothing like under 30.

God, Carole looks ridiculous. She dresses like her daughters and may well have the body for it, but certainly not the face. She looks much, much older than her age and the short skirt and biker boots are not the best choice.

There is a saying that when yeu got married you should take a look at the mother and you know how your wife will look one day. In Kate's case I believe that is true. She will have a great body but from her face she already looks much older now, nothing like under 30.

From what it looks like to me, Carole isn't wearing any makeup at all. I think if she was really trying to pass as her daughter's age, she'd be very heavily made up also. The outfits and boots look comfortable for a day of trekking through the shops. I'm around Carole's age and I'd most definitely wear that outfit and not think twice about it.

From what it looks like to me, Carole isn't wearing any makeup at all. I think if she was really trying to pass as her daughter's age, she'd be very heavily made up also. The outfits and boots look comfortable for a day of trekking through the shops. I'm around Carole's age and I'd most definitely wear that outfit and not think twice about it.

I agree, there really does not appear to be anything wrong (IMO) in the way Carole is dressed. She is clearly tired, devoid of make-up. You could query the boots, but I think the rest is just fine.

Wasn't Carole a smoker? that really ages the skin, just look at Caroline of Hanover.

However, lighting is everything after a certain age.
I'm a year younger than Carole and hope I don't look like that, but if someone snapped me on the street in broad daylight...I shudder to imagine....

I think she looks OK. Mrs. M. has a great figure, but if she buys off the rack, she won't be able to find a more suitable skirt length. It's today's fashion.

When DM posted this, certainly they hope to achieve some of the same comments posted here. So very clear! We can always count with some members to share there opinion in the most delightful way :flowers:

if Pippa wasn't at her mother'side I doubt they would've even posted this article. What a great occasion to question her fashion choices. how dare she appears with no make up, outrageous!! :bang:

Carole Middleton looks what she is...a woman in her middle aged years. She is criticized for aging and would be criticized if she decided to fight it with Botox or plastic surgery.

I don't like the boots but that is just me. Its not like she is wearing a mini skirt. Oh the Daily Mail......

IMHO, and not just in this photo, Mrs. Middleton often dresses like her considerably younger daughters. I hope that, for the wedding, she will select a beautifully cut dress that is tastefully fashion forward and that does justice to her fabulous figure. That should keep the otherwise inevitable sniping at bay. Helen Mirren is a fine example of someone who dresses in a tastefully appropriate fashion yet is highly fashionable.

She's outside her home in the countryside! I don't see nothing inappropriately there! she's wearing jeans and a tailor jacket! :eek: God forbit!

She should have worn a fur coat with some diamonds, at least some would actually have a real argument.

She's outside her home in the countryside! I don't see nothing inappropriately there! she's wearing jeans and a tailor jacket! :eek: God forbit!

IIRC the engagement announcement came just hours before the interview of the couple was arranged. Most of the family were about their normal workday business. Sophie I believe was caught by reporters going to an engagement as was Charles. I hardly think that Carole would be dressed for high tea while working at Party Pieces. Good grief it was something like 6am my time when it was announced and I was still in my jammies. Good thing the press didn't know where to find me eh? :ROFLMAO:

I hardly think that Carole would be dressed for high tea while working at Party Pieces. Good grief it was something like 6am my time when it was announced and I was still in my jammies. Good thing the press didn't know where to find me eh? :ROFLMAO:

its not that the middleton family didnt know what was about to come, unlike the rest of the world. michael managed to look correct, but he is one of the few family members who doesnt love any attention and therefore doesnt get it.

its not that the middleton family didnt know what was about to come, unlike the rest of the world. michael managed to look correct, but he is one of the few family members who doesnt love any attention and therefore doesnt get it.

Sorry, but WHAT??! I'm going to laugh, because, clearly since you know the family so well you should have call them and advise Carole that if she wanted to call more attention a pair of jeans and a navy jacket would not be enough! :cool:

Well, this has got to be a stressful time for the Middletons. I'm not so sure I, in the same circumstances, would be venturing out of my house until after the wedding. Unless it turns out that they are hungry for press attention, they will undoubtedly disappear from media interest after the big event.

This just goes to show that you can't win.

First of all, we don't know the reason she wasn't dressed up. Perhaps Mr. Middleton had come from a work meeting and that was the reason he was suited up. I work in my home, and I tend not to get dressed up unless I have business appointments.

So let's see...one is seeking the press if one is dressed up like they are waiting to be photographed and when is going about their day, they are also criticized?

Okay. And actually, I am not surprised that they have complained about the press...Some of the stories coming from the press, the constant pictures as one goes about ones day are getting to be a bit too much. But than I guess people will say they love that.

There is too much time for the press to wait without "a story" even if they have to make one up!!! Can't wait for April 29, and I bet Catherine, William and everyone else can't either!!

In my eyes they have done nothing to receive such hard criticism. As we say here in Brazil, "Do you pay their bills?" if not, go get a cat!"
People so often feel the need to be judgmental and worse based on DM articles, dearlord!

About the media, when it became more common to video tape those "pursuits" and post them online, It actually made me think twice before buying magazines that clearly use pictures taken in those situations. isometimes even the Paris Hiltons and Kardashians get irritated with it.

Is the Mail Online worried about a lawsuit? They changed their viewpoint in a day.

Not sure if anyone has said this before, but there is often good cause for thinking that anything by Victoria Arbiter [the reporter in the aforementioned piece] may be regarded as fairly authoritative. Victoria is the daugher of Dickie Arbiter, retired press secretary to the Queen. He is regarded as still maintaining very close contacts with the Palace. ( His other [less famous role!] was teaching me to Ice Skate!:))

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom