The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2019 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't look like the usual sort of presentation box used for Jewels imo...

I agree. To me, it looks like something for the archives, to be brought out at the next state visit, and displayed at the exhibition following the lunch.

I'm speculating wildly.

Please let me not get in the way of that :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2019 -

The Duchess of Cambridge goes pond dipping on a special Blue Peter episode to launch Royal Garden Competition on UK channel CBBC this evening;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/l..._campaign=bbc_press_office&ns_mchannel=social

“The competition asks Blue Peter viewers to design a sculpture to go into The Duchess’s Back to Nature garden when it arrives at RHS Wisley in September. To inspire families to interact with nature and the outdoors, regardless of where they might live, Her Royal Highness created a special collection of outdoor activity cards to accompany the garden. Two runners-up will also get to design their very own Blue Peter activity card to celebrate this unique garden.”

The Duchess of Cambridge goes pond dipping on a special Blue Peter episode to launch Royal Garden Competition on UK channel CBBC this evening;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/l..._campaign=bbc_press_office&ns_mchannel=social

“The competition asks Blue Peter viewers to design a sculpture to go into The Duchess’s Back to Nature garden when it arrives at RHS Wisley in September. To inspire families to interact with nature and the outdoors, regardless of where they might live, Her Royal Highness created a special collection of outdoor activity cards to accompany the garden. Two runners-up will also get to design their very own Blue Peter activity card to celebrate this unique garden.”

Good to see her continue her work with younger children, and encouraging them to get outdoors.

Catherine received her green badge during this visit.

:previous:

It is an absolute pleasure to award Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of Cambridge, a Green #BluePeter badge for all her work with nature and the outdoors.

Find out more about BP's new Royal Garden Competition! ?bit.ly/2Rbbq40

Closing date is 25/06/19 at noon.

“The Duchess of Cambridge has visited her 'Back to Nature' garden at Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival.”

“Her Royal Highness co-created the garden with the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) and landscape architects Andree Davis and Adam White for the Chelsea Flower Show back in May 2019.”

“Her goal was to inspire young people to explore the great outdoors.”

“The 'Back to Nature' garden at Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival has developed further and is double the size of the original, creating additional opportunities for families to interact with nature.”

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon visited the Royal Horticultural Society Back to Nature Garden, jointly designed by Her Royal Highness, at Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival, East Molesey, Surrey.

- COURT CIRCULAR || 1 JULY 2019

The Duchess of Cambridge backs new campaign set up by inner city schoolchildren to persuade other youngsters to engage with nature

The Duchess of Cambridge has backed a new campaign to encourage children to engage with nature, saying it is ‘pivotal’ for their development.

Mother-of-three Kate, 37, has made early years development one of the cornerstones of her public work, raising awareness of issues such as childhood trauma and its link to addiction.

Now she is throwing her weight behind the Backyard Nature initiative – set up by a group of inner city schoolchildren to persuade other youngsters to become ‘environmental guardians’.

Announcing her support, she said: ‘Spending time in nature can play a pivotal role in helping children grow up to become happy, healthy adults. The great outdoors provides an open playground for children to have fun and learn life-long skills, from balance and coordination to empathy and creativity, with their friends, their parents, their carers or their family members.

‘I hope the Backyard Nature campaign inspires children, families and communities to get outside and engage with nature, wherever they live.’

Sources told the Daily Mail that the duchess was particularly impressed by the story of the Eco Emeralds, a group of environmentalists aged seven to 11 from All Saints Catholic Primary School in Anfield, Liverpool. The pupils took matters into their own hands nine months ago after being inspired by climate change documentaries such as Our Planet.

Using their own initiative, they contacted Iceland’s managing director Richard Walker via Twitter. They were invited to the supermarket’s head office in Deeside, Flintshire, to present their ideas – and were delighted when the company decided to back them.

The Backyard Nature programme, which is also backed by charities including The Wildlife Trusts and The National Trust, is pledging to help children across the UK spend one million hours outside by inspiring them to protect the wildlife on their doorstep.

Youngsters, and parents or carers, can sign up online to become ‘guardians’ for their area and find conservation events nearby.

It is the first time Kate, whose gardens at the Chelsea and Hampton Court flower shows were designed to encourage children to explore the great outdoors, has backed a campaign of this scale.

A source said: ‘When she heard about the initiative, the duchess was very impressed. Particularly as it came from the children themselves.

‘It is exactly the kind of thing she has been working to encourage.’

Nell Till, nine, an Eco Emerald at All Saints school, said: ‘We can’t believe our idea has been turned into a big campaign and the duchess is supporting us.’

- Via Kensington Palace Instagram

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2019 -

Does anyone know when the next public engagement will be for the Duchess?

I am looking forward to seeing her out and about again.

Last edited:
Nothing has been announced.

There are reports that Kate will be going to RHS Wisley next week to see a playground inspired by her Back to Nature garden. No further details.

The Duchess has really inspired me to spend more time outside.

Now, I try to go out and enjoy parks in my areas at least three times a week. This is a huge improvement for me as I used to spend all my time indoors - especially at work because of demanding job.

Spend time outdoors and just doing simple walks has made a huge difference in my mood and stress levels. I highly recommend outdoor activities for everyone - not just children.

Last edited:
This looks like the perfect "British royal" event.

Happy kids, lovely garden, happy royal. Love it

It seems that Catherine is really passionate about her idea for this garden, which is lovely to see.
Fun to see her with Mary Berry; too - baking royalty and actual royalty together! ?

This looks like the perfect "British royal" event.

Happy kids, lovely garden, happy royal. Love it

It was indeed. Perfect British Royal Event. Everyone looked very happy!

The Duchess of Cambridge this morning officially opened the Back to Nature Garden and attended the Back to Nature Festival at Royal Horticultural Society Garden Wisley, Wisley Lane, Wisley, Woking, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Surrey (Mr Michael More-Molyneux).

- COURT CIRCULAR || 10 SEPTEMBER 2019

Although its never been stated openly, I think the work that Kate is doing to promote going back to nature and enjoying the great outdoors is also a great incentive that aids and abets the mental health campaign. Put down the devices and forget social media and instead of reading about what shape the planet is online, get out there and actually enjoy the beauty of our planet.
`
I think we all should do this more. Now my dog is on the wrong side of the door again and I'll hug a tree while I'm out there. Of course my dog is thinking "too many trees, so little time" (I live in a forest) :D

“The Duchess of Cambridge has opened a new 'Back to Nature' garden for children.”

“The Duchess designed the garden, in Surrey, to encourage children to play and explore in nature.”

“Earlier this year, Prince George visited his mother’s Back to Nature Garden at The Chelsea Flower Show and rated it a 20 out of 10.”

Last edited by a moderator:
“Bees are disappearing in our own backyards. But we don’t have to sit back and accept a world without these amazing little creatures. Whoever you are and wherever you live, there’s something you can do to help #SaveTheBees.”

“The @BackyardNatUK campaign, backed by The Duchess of Cambridge, aims to plant 15 million seeds in the UK to halt the sharp decline in bee population”

Find out more:Campaign backed by Duchess of Cambridge urges youngsters to halt bee decline

Video

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

Last edited:
“Bees are disappearing in our own backyards. But we don’t have to sit back and accept a world without these amazing little creatures. Whoever you are and wherever you live, there’s something you can do to help #SaveTheBees.”

Well, it is not so easy. Re-natured gardens instead of simple green lawns are a pleasure ground for ticks(?), these borreliosis/"Lyme disease" carrying, disgusting creatures. You can't have the kids playing there.

But Princess Kate is right: Something has to be done!

Kids all over the U.S. play in yards with ticks with very little issue...it can be managed.

The bee issue is more complex than just planting seeds.

She's actually Princess William not Princess Kate ...there is no such title for her :)

LaRae

Well, it is not so easy. Re-natured gardens instead of simple green lawns are a pleasure ground for ticks(?), these borreliosis/"Lyme disease" carrying, disgusting creatures. You can't have the kids playing there.

Besides vaccination having the kids in long sleeves and trousers/tights is most often enough to keep them reasonably safe.
I agree that the question of bees disappearing is a complicated one but Kate's suggestion is one part of trying to alleviate the problem

Yes, native flowers, forgoing the use of pesticides (huge part), encouraging new beekeepers, educating the public ..just a few ways to help.

LaRae

Ticks are attracted to cool shaded, damp places. Mainly found in densely wooded places but also things like wood piles.

This initiative is not talking about building forests in your backyard. Its about planting wildflowers in your garden. Wildflowers attract bees and offer them a source of food. This isnt the kind of plant life which will bring ticks into your yard.

They are handing out seedballs of wildlife flowers, not planting forests for kids.

Of course things like pesticides, and more bee farmers needs to be addressed, but this is a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom