The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Howls of anguish from UK press (and HelloUK).

I think it's a great fit

Huffington Post UK editor-in-chief Stephen Hull said staff at the publication were "thrilled" at the prospect of welcoming their guest in mid-February.

"Dealing with mental health issues has been a major editorial focus for us and I'm very excited to be working together on such an important project," he said.
Duchess of Cambridge to guest-edit Huffington Post UK - BBC News

And online news websites are just a reality

More than half of Britons access news online | Media | The Guardian

Last edited:
The whining from the Royal reporters on Twitter is childish.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Hahaha, such childish behaviour and whining. Like this is for a charity !! How is this different from the annual event where members of the BRF "broker deals" to raise money for charity?
She is a guest editor and will be focusing on mental health issues, not breaking new! and its only for one day. They can stay mad for all I care. This shows that they are selfish and want things to always benefit them! It really does not reflect well on the, which is ironic as they are trying to paint this good initiative in a bad light.

They act like they have not been focusing on her clothes and hair and less on her charities for her entire royal life. Now she has found a way that will allow, for just one day, for the focus to be on the main issue at hand which is mental health.

Yall know how much I love her focus on mental health issues, especially with regards to children. I did a little dance when I saw that tweet from KP.
A whole day where Huffpost(with about 250 million daily views) will focus on mental health issues, allowing the people affected to direct the tone of the concersation and hopefully help fight the stigma is a brilliant initiative.

I for one absolutely love it and cant wait!!

Last edited:
I wonder why the palace announced this project such in advance! Does it mean that Kate won't make an official appereance until mid February? Mustique time is approaching, but I thought that she would attend an engagement or two, even though January is usually a slow month.

I wonder why the palace announced this project such in advance! Does it mean that Kate won't make an official appereance until mid February? Mustique time is approaching, but I thought that she would attend an engagement or two, even though January is usually a slow month.
I think it might be to garner alot of attention in beforehand, so people can hype it up or such. And also probably the yearly trip since people seem to be shocked that they take one sun trip per year.

And somewhat hypocritical, TBH. Consider this tweet from the fall:
https://twitter.com/royalreporter/status/658891912015925248

Richard PalmerVerified account
‏@RoyalReporter
@jeb61ju It's clear William, Kate, and Harry support Charles's idea of a more activist monarchy. I just think she needs to speak out more.

Basically, from the cheap seats, the conversation is looking like this:

"speak up more"
<Kate makes arrangements to have more of a voice>
"NOT THAT WAY!"

I think it might be to garner alot of attention in beforehand, so people can hype it up or such. And also probably the yearly trip since people seem to be shocked that they take one sun trip per year.

Something tells me that maybe that's the main reason:whistling::p

Also since articles are being commissioned on topic, less Likely chance of containing the story. so KP announced to control the message. More people are involved. I seem to recall when prince Charles edited a magazine last year it was announced early as well.

Something tells me that maybe that's the main reason:whistling::p
Well, they did it with the Bafta stuff and other high profile stuff so I'm not that sure but peoplee see what they wanna see.

Also since articles are being commissioned on topic, less Likely chance of containing the story. so KP announced to control the message. More people are involved. I seem to recall when prince Charles edited a magazine last year it was announced early as well.
Very true!

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard Palmer is the absolute worst. He's running around retweeting disgusting articles & he wonders why the Royals don't want to talk to him.

He called me angry person & a troll that overstepped the mark or something cause I called him out on it.

How do people like that have a job? He's constantly on twitter whining about everything and threatening to "do mean articles" or whatever.

Lord.

Richard Palmer is the absolute worst. He's running around retweeting disgusting articles & he wonders why the Royals don't want to talk to him.

He called me angry person & a troll that overstepped the mark or something cause I called him out on it.

How do people like that have a job? He's constantly on twitter whining about everything and threatening to "do mean articles" or whatever.

Lord.

His behavior really has been appalling- tweeting ugly things while complaining that he can't get near the family.

I wonder why?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Yeah, his Twitter persona is very histrionic. I can only imagine how he behaves in real life. I bet the royals groan every time they see that divo strut through the door.

I really think he should try a different profession. He seems to loathe the royals with every fiber of his being. If he were to work on a different subject matter he might be less catty and obnoxious. Life is too short to do a job you hate so much.

Agreed. A change in profession is in order.

His behavior has pretty much guaranteed he'll never get close enough to the family to be a good royal reporter, so he should move on.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't doubt that. I only think it a very PR-wise decision that was made counting all the pros:flowers:

Well, they did it with the Bafta stuff and other high profile stuff so I'm not that sure but peoplee see what they wanna see.

Very true!

Well, let's just say it is a curious coincidence that the annoucement was made in mid-january then.;)

His behavior really has been appalling- tweeting ugly things while complaining that he can't get near the family.

lol exactly what I said. Convenient that he ignored that part of my tweet.

I think one can dislike the royals and write articles about them, but you've got to balance it with something else. I don't know if he does, I don't pay attention to his career, but he should.

As for announcing it so early, it's a damned if you do and damned if you don't. W&K have been criticized by the media for not alerting them to things early enough (or at all), but now they're being criticized for doing it too early (and for doing it at all). It's insane. There really is no winning for them.

Hahaha, such childish behaviour and whining. Like this is for a charity !! How is this different from the annual event where members of the BRF "broker deals" to raise money for charity?
She is a guest editor and will be focusing on mental health issues, not breaking new! and its only for one day. They can stay mad for all I care. This shows that they are selfish and want things to always benefit them! It really does not reflect well on the, which is ironic as they are trying to paint this good initiative in a bad light.

They act like they have not been focusing on her clothes and hair and less on her charities for her entire royal life. Now she has found a way that will allow, for just one day, for the focus to be on the main issue at hand which is mental health.

Yall know how much I love her focus on mental health issues, especially with regards to children. I did a little dance when I saw that tweet from KP.
A whole day where Huffpost(with about 250 million daily views) will focus on mental health issues, allowing the people affected to direct the tone of the concersation and hopefully help fight the stigma is a brilliant initiative.

I for one absolutely love it and cant wait!!

It is childish, I don't understand how he justifies his last few posts or why the man is behaving this way. I may not be kates biggest fan but some of his recent posts are childish and petty. He is a grown man and should behave as such with some professionalism. :ermm:

It is childish, I don't understand how he justifies his last few posts or why the man is behaving this way. I may not be kates biggest fan but some of his recent posts are childish and petty. He is a grown man and should behave as such with some professionalism. :ermm:
I've seen him hinting stuff about his editors as well... I think he might be in a tricky job position and taking it out on the royals..

I've seen him hinting stuff about his editors as well... I think he might be in a tricky job position and taking it out on the royals..

He definitely has a grudge against his editors, but I think the royals are the root of it. He’s said before that his articles are heavily moderated by his editors and they completely control his content. I thinks he’s fuming over the fact that he can’t release his full venom on the royals because his editors are trying to keep things diplomatic. He’s implied multiple times that if he were given free rein his articles would be full-on mudslinging and they would be filled with unethical and harassing paparazzi pictures. He’s a gunslinger whose only been given a water pistol to play with, so he has pent-up rage.

Personally, I’m glad his editors are keeping a leash on him. He seems to be his own worst enemy.

Let's get back on topic please - this thread is about The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events and not about the journalists reporting on them. Further off-topic posts will be deleted without notice.

To be entirely fair, criticism of the Huffington Post editing by Catherine was led by 2 photographers who are still peeved that she issued pictures of Charlotte instead of photoshoot. Then came Rebecca from the Daily Fail who said she was "speechless" (if only!) Followed by Richard, Victoria from the Mirror, Emily (now at Hello, I think) and someone else (female) who's name I cant remember.

All of the royal reporters went bonkers!! Totally wrong in my opinion as I think this is a cracking idea. And before any of you ask, I've also said this to the reporters on Twitter.

Now back on track - Catherine is apparently making a video to be released on February 8th which is the start of Mental Health Week.

Love what she is doing with the cause.

EDIT: sorry Jacknch, posted this about the same time. Last bit is about a new Catherine "event"

To be entirely fair, criticism of the Huffington Post editing by Catherine was led by 2 photographers who are still peeved that she issued pictures of Charlotte instead of photoshoot. Then came Rebecca from the Daily Fail who said she was "speechless" (if only!) Followed by Richard, Victoria from the Mirror, Emily (now at Hello, I think) and someone else (female) who's name I cant remember.

All of the royal reporters went bonkers!! Totally wrong in my opinion as I think this is a cracking idea. And before any of you ask, I've also said this to the reporters on Twitter.

Now back on track - Catherine is apparently making a video to be released on February 8th which is the start of Mental Health Week.

Love what she is doing with the cause.

EDIT: sorry Jacknch, posted this about the same time. Last bit is about a new Catherine "event"
I saw that as well. Reported by the Mail. Is that a reliable one?

(I also think it said "For mental health week that starts 8th of february" so sometime during that week rather than that day :)

I hope it's true, because last years message got spread really well :) Imagine her doing this video in early-ish february and then have the HUffington thing in the middle. Those two things on top of eachother can be really powerful :)

I was hoping the video would form the central piece of the editorial work so it all comes together. That would be a huge draw.

I do like the fact that they are trying different media to get the message across.

I agree. It is a brave new world. ;) It will be interesting to compare the messages over time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom