The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-29-2017, 11:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I am posting this here because I am not quite sure where I should put it. The Spanish State Dinner had the media and not a few of us looking at Catherine's decolletage and the stunning Ruby and Diamond Bandeau nestled there, so much so that we missed her face.

Oh dear, social media and youtube are catching up and there are a succession of photographs beginning with the dinner that shows Catherine as "stony faced" and I have to admit they are right, she is.

What happened between these photos and no, I do not believe as some have surmised that she was suddenly overcome by wearing Diana's favourite tiara and the upcoming 20th anniversary of her death as posited by some so-called knowledgeable commentators. For one thing, the Spencer Tiara was her favourite tiara and the LK was known to give her headaches.

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/...dge-828056.jpg

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/...iam-829793.jpg

There were several other more graphic examples but I was unable to link them.

While they are supposing their little hearts out as to what is going on I have to admit that I too am wondering at her "stop a train in its tracks" look or, as my sister (a total fan) remarked "what on earth happened, her face looks like a ruptured gumboot?". I said I hadn't a clue, and I doubt anyone outside of the two of them do. But after watching several videos covering the last couple of weeks I have to admit I am beginning to think something is up.

Just to show that all is "personally well" with both she and William here is a beautiful warm shot.
http://www.therealmyroyals.com/wp-co...2017/07/g6.jpg
I saw that look too at the State Dinner, but I didn't make much of if. Its possible she just wasn't feeling well.

Old 07-29-2017, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Perhaps the media was already looking to present these "bored" faces at the latest Spanish state banquet? Its been fairly recent that some enterprising journalist put together a medley of Charles looking quite bored over 64 years of his life. Give the Fail an idea and they'll run it to death. It was just Kate's turn methinks.

https://www.aol.com/article/entertai...iral/22583079/
Poor Charles looks like he's watching paint dry. After looking at these pics I'd say Catherine is doing a great job.

Old 07-29-2017, 02:07 PM
Royal Highness

Oh, good gravy! She sat at that table for hours and there were only two pictures, and we are to believe that 'something is up'? Maybe she had something caught between her teeth. Maybe she had cramps. Maybe a blister on her heel. Even the Queen has her 'Miss Piggy ' face from time to time. If there had been 20 pictures of Catherine, I'm willing to bet she would have had a smile on her face in most of them.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-29-2017, 02:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

OMG, It wasn't even pictures - it was from the live video from the state banquet. And you don't smile/laugh during serious speeches.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:25 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts on the Amanda Platell article have been moved to the General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017 thread.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Via @KensingtonRoyal

On Sept 4th The Duchess will visit the Family Action run Hornsey Road Children's Centre to see the facilities supporting parents & young children.

Tags
catherine, current events, duchess of cambridge