The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-05-2017, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post

Do people not know what honorary mean?
They do but don't want the facts to confuse the issue

British royals are honorary members of dozens (hundreds?) of organisations but lets all have a fit when Catherine becomes a member of a photographic society.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Everywhere I've read, it has been stated that this is a honorary membership. I don't feel it detracts at all from those that are awarded membership as those are the ones that have earned it.

To me, it is no different than perhaps a highly respected university awarding the Queen a Masters in Diplomatic Relations or William if she should be awarded Commander in Chief of an armed service.

Kate has always been interested in photography and its use of light, color and and how the subject is framed in the photo. I think she's done wonderfully and this honor shows it. Andrew is another one that is a photography buff.
I agree Osipi that it does appear that people are overlooking the fact that this is an honorary membership.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Gentry

I actually met the Duchess of Cambridge during her visit to The Hague at October 10! (Apologies for the delay, I'm planning to visit this forum more often). It was a great experience. It was over in a blink of an eye (I said: 'Your Royal Highness, nice to meet you' and she said 'Nice to meet you too' - deep conversation!), but it was fantastic. Royal Musings: The Duchess of Cambridge visits the Netherlands

Follow me on Twitter: @royalarjan
Old 01-07-2017, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrjann View Post
I actually met the Duchess of Cambridge during her visit to The Hague at October 10! (Apologies for the delay, I'm planning to visit this forum more often). It was a great experience. It was over in a blink of an eye (I said: 'Your Royal Highness, nice to meet you' and she said 'Nice to meet you too' - deep conversation!), but it was fantastic. Royal Musings: The Duchess of Cambridge visits the Netherlands
Where was she holding her clutch and did it convey deep meaning to you? Just kidding - what a thrill for you! I am deeply envious.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Where was she holding her clutch and did it convey deep meaning to you? Just kidding - what a thrill for you! I am deeply envious.
To be precise: she put her clutch in the car before she approached the public to meet them. I read a lot into that, for sure.

Thanks, it was a thrill indeed, an absolutely great experience I'll never forget.

Follow me on Twitter: @royalarjan
Old 01-07-2017, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrjann View Post
To be precise: she put her clutch in the car before she approached the public to meet them. I read a lot into that, for sure.

Thanks, it was a thrill indeed, an absolutely great experience I'll never forget.
Danke u vel! I enjoyed reading about your encounter with HRH! (And for providing an eyewitness observation of Kate and the clutch!)
Old 02-14-2017, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
On 28 Feb The Duchess will visit @RMHCUK Evelina London to open their new house for the families of children being treated @EvelinaLondon
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...38202037145600

Majesty/Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the new 59-bedroom Ronald McDonald House Evelina London @RMHCUK on 28 February:

Ronald McDonald House Evelina London
Old 02-14-2017, 12:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
On 28 Feb The Duchess will visit @RMHCUK Evelina London to open their new house for the families of children being treated @EvelinaLondon
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...38202037145600

Majesty/Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the new 59-bedroom Ronald McDonald House Evelina London @RMHCUK on 28 February:

Ronald McDonald House Evelina London
Very good to see the calender fill out, this is the future for her.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:40 AM
Heir Apparent

RMHC UK @RMHCUK
Today’s the day The Duchess of Cambridge opens our Evelina London House! HRH will have a tour of the House and meet families and supporters
https://twitter.com/RMHCUK/status/836499798970748928

RMHC UK @RMHCUK
Preparations are complete, the House is ready and families are waiting to greet HRH The Duchess of Cambridge at our Evelina London House!
https://twitter.com/RMHCUK/status/836508157312712704
Old 02-28-2017, 07:22 AM
Administrator

Here are some nice pics:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** gettyimages **

** dailymail: Back to the day job! The Duchess of Cambridge swaps her sparkly heels for a suit as she visits a children’s hospital..**
Old 02-28-2017, 12:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge opens new Ronald McDonald Accommodations-
Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-28-2017, 01:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
RMHC UK @RMHCUK
Today’s the day The Duchess of Cambridge opens our Evelina London House! HRH will have a tour of the House and meet families and supporters
https://twitter.com/RMHCUK/status/836499798970748928

RMHC UK @RMHCUK
Preparations are complete, the House is ready and families are waiting to greet HRH The Duchess of Cambridge at our Evelina London House!
https://twitter.com/RMHCUK/status/836508157312712704
I love this. When my brother was in the hospital, we stayed at the Ronald McDonald House and it is a huge weight off of your shoulders for so many reasons. Glad to see her supporting the foundation!
Old 02-28-2017, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge today officially opened the new 59-bedroom Ronald McDonald House Evelina London, providing a ‘home away from home’ for families of children at Evelina London Children’s Hospital.

Her Royal Highness toured the new House and met Ronald McDonald House staff and Evelina London doctors and nurses.

Joining in on a Pancake Day arts and crafts session with children, Her Royal Highness spoke to parents who have found that the new House eases the difficulties of having a child staying at Evelina London. She heard many moving stories from families and siblings who explained that staying at the House greatly eased the stress and strain of having a sick child, and gave them more time to concentrate on the condition of their child.
Read more: Duchess of Cambridge meets Evelina London families at new Ronald McDonald House
Old 02-28-2017, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge opens the Ronald McDonald Evelina House which offers accommodation for parents with children at the nearby hospital.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:59 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts related to Heads Together have been moved to the The Heads Together Campaign: Activities from April 2016 thread.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:27 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about the upcoming EACH event have been moved to the The Duchess of Cambridge as Royal Patron of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices thread.

Posts about the Luxembourg day trip have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7-a-42059.html thread.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:16 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about Kate leaving Pippa's house recently have been moved to the General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017 thread.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace‏ @KensingtonRoyal
On Wed 3rd May The Duchess will visit Farms for City Children @farmersforaweek to see their work with school children from inner city areas

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess will meet @farmersforaweek founders Michael and Clare Morpurgo, and join students and teachers as they muck in around the farm

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...76099481030657
Old 04-29-2017, 06:18 AM
Courtier

Until William steps down from his civilian career Kate is the full time royal in the Cambridge branch of the family and possibly heading towards being the Anne of the generation, should the solo engagements gather momentum, although in terms of actual engagements will probably never come close.

Six years ago today when she became a member of the RF, the thoughts of taking on such an engagement would have definitely daunted if not terrified her! With good reason, back then, completely unequipped for the task!

In the eight/ten year apprenticeship as royal GF she probably mastered the arts of patience, sustainment and discretion. The next six would have been a whole new ball game, family life aside.

But she did have a very eased in approach taken which is probably paying off now. I expect at this stage she is relishing the role.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duchess of Cambridge visits children's farm in Gloucester | Daily Mail Online

Catherine visits the children's farm.

I don't know why the media feel the need to link Catherine's official engagement today with the french photo investigation. They shouldn't be doing this. Two separate things that should stay separated.

A.W. TOZER

Tags
catherine, current events, duchess of cambridge