The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kate did well in curtsying (if she did, still have not seen pictures). although not done in netherlands, it is still the way it is done in the UK and kate is a british royal. besides, better to err on the side of caution. if she hadn't done it i bet there would be critics asking why she didn't.

Video:
"The Duchess of Cambridge is making her first solo royal trip overseas, travelling to The Hague and Rotterdam in the Netherlands.

On her visit to the Mauritshuis art museum in The Hague, she was greeted by cheering crowds, and broke away to talk to well-wishers.

The BBC's Nicholas Witchell reports."
Kate cheered by Dutch crowds on first solo royal trip abroad - BBC News

Nice curtsey as usual.

Last edited:
I'm beyond proud of Catherine on the job she's done so far as a senior member of the royal family. I'm sure William and rest of her families are proud too. I definitely see a knighthood coming for her. It will well deserved, IMO.

I seriously doubt one 6 hour trip across the Channel will be enough for the Queen to give her a knighthood (are you thinking RFO or RVO?). IMO, she still does not do enough work at home let alone abroad! Yes, I know she has two young children at home, but so do millions of other women and they manage to work full-time and raise perfectly normal children. A busy day and a half is not nearly enough to warrant an award IMO.

I fear that some on this board and other boards are trying to elevate her to a near saintlike status for her support of mental health awareness, dressing nice and smiling for the crowds at her occasional public appearance. If she were working at an even halfway level of someone like the Princess Royal, then I think that a recognition from the Queen might be in order. But just because she married into the family, produced two children, dresses nice and supports a few worthwhile causes doesn't mean she is to be fawned and cried over like I see happening.

I'm sure I will be vilified for saying my opinion, but please remember, I am not attacking her, just stating my opinion about what I see and read.

"Daily Mail/Mail Online" now has a couple of photos from some-one inside the plane on Catherine's flight back to the UK.

I fear that some on this board and other boards are trying to elevate her to a near saintlike status for her support of mental health awareness, dressing nice and smiling for the crowds at her occasional public appearance.

As always, different opinions are always welcomed here and respected and I believe that there are many among us that feel the same way that you do.

We're really just at the cusp now of seeing both William and Kate stepping into the next stage of how they fit into the British Royal Family's "Firm" and its expected that the time is nearing that the Cambridges will take on full time, royal duties. They have been given the blessing of being able to marry and ensure that the marriage in on solid footing and then starting a family and being able to put their children as their primary focus. This hiatus did absolutely nothing to impede the public's interest in them and wherever they go, they are warmly greeted and appreciated.

For William and Kate, once they step into full time royal duties, they know that their lives will be more hectic and more demanding and it will remain that way for the rest of their lives. Its not too far fetched of an idea that as time passes, we're going to see less and less of Anne (something tells me though that she will keep going and going like the Energizer Bunny until she can go no more) and more and more of Kate. Its the natural progression on how things go.

One reason I feel that it probably is a thing in the very near future that Kate would receive recognition in the form of an order from HM is (and this is just my opinion) that from what I've seen, Kate seems to have a natural rapport with the Queen and the entire family for the most part. She is getting comfortable with the roles that lie ahead of her and most importantly, I think she makes a pretty good team with her husband and brother-in-law.

A lot of royal watchers have been waiting for the day to come when William and Kate step up their game and represent Crown and Country on a more daily basis. I don't think we will be disappointed one bit.

Last edited:
Very proud of Catherine. She's doing wonderful things in mental health

...But the main focus of the day is hosting a roundtable discussion with two of Kate’s charities, the Anna Freud Centre, which supports children’s mental health, and Action on Addiction, which concentrates on the harmful effects to families of drug and alcohol abuse.

They will join with representatives from the Trimbos Institute, which conducts research into the same issues.

“She has initiated a brilliant idea of bringing institutions together that have similar interests,” says Peter Fonagy, the chief executive of the Anna Freud Centre, who joined Kate in Holland. “She’s aiming to help us learn from each other and bring back what there is from each side.”

The bridge-building could signal a widening of her initiative, he says: “Because of her charisma, because of her interest, she is able to bring together people who would not normally be talking to one another and that brings enormous value.”
Read more: Princess Kate Makes First Solo Trip as a Royal

Thank you for posting the link Duke of Marmalade.

I guess little George and Charlotte would have been tucked up in bed asleep by the time Catherine got home.

The "Daily Mail/Mail Online" is reporting she took the last flight of the day, from Rotterdam to the London City airport, departing the Netherlands at 7.15pm.

Last on and first off the plane - whisked away in the car on the tarmac before the other passengers could disembark.

And although some-one's photos got made public, it sounds as though plenty of people onboard couldn't resist taking their own memorable snaps of the day they flew with Royalty.

Last edited:
Interesting the Foreign Office stresses Catherine's visit says so much about the friendship between the UK and the NL. I guess there was something to the 'soft diplomacy' stories after all.

Nick Heath @nickheathfco
Privilege to have The Duchess here. Her visit said so much about modern friendship between UK and NL (&thanks to Aad Hoogendoorn for photo!)

https://twitter.com/nickheathfco/status/786085803025891333

Lets face it. When we really think about it, relationships between nations are very similar to relationships we have as individuals. We can be best friends with another person even if they have different viewpoints on politics than we do.

Its not rocket science. :D

Kate Middleton wears a blue Mulberry coat as she visits Women's Centre in Gloucestershire | Daily Mail Online

Buried w/in this article is reference to her private visit to a nearby women's prison where she spoke to staff and to prisoners. Good for her, it's never easy to walk into a prison as a visitor, IME, and it's clear that Catherine seeks to understand the problem so as to more effectively focus on solutions rather than just cutting ribbons and unveiling plaques.

One gallery from today

https://www.gettyimages.de/search/events/775182547?assettype=image

Prince William and Prince Harry playing today polo to support of their patronages.

Royal SQUAT Britannia! Prince Harry stretches limbs after second day of Polo | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that she did this engagement- more of these unannounced visits that focus on vulnerable people and helping meet their needs would go a long way towards defining Catherine's royal role and her goals

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

As part of her ongoing work to highlight the effects of addiction and mental health difficulties, the royal mom visited the Nelson Trust Women’s Centre in Gloucester, around 100 miles west of London.

She was also introduced to women who have accessed support at the Women’s Centre, and listened to their own personal experiences.

“We know that she has a special interest in this area and she understands the needs of those using our services,” chief executive of the trust, John Trolan, tells PEOPLE

“We see her as an inspirational individual who can motivate our staff as they continue to work in this very difficult operating environment.”

Trolan says they see their role as “preventing women going into prison and if they have been there, prevent them going again. We seek to support them so they can turn their lives around.

“Everybody agrees that these women should not be in prison — they are low level offenders.”

He adds of Kate, “Her insights are impressive and her interest is sincere and it’s very obvious from the other work of she does and the interest she shows on the area.
Read more: Kate Middleton Visits Women's Prison

I knew showbiz can be catty.

And I heard the quote that the Duchess of Cambridge asked if Bob the cat was purring, or was he growling, when she gave him a pat at his movie premiere.

But, has poor Bob had his reputation besmirched?

The "Mirror" has posted a photo of Catherine's events today where she has a big bandaid across her hand.

"No comment" was the official response when the cause of the injury was asked after.

Bob, unless they say you did it - I'll believe in your innocence!

(Growling reports or not.)

I knew showbiz can be catty.

And I heard the quote that the Duchess of Cambridge asked if Bob the cat was purring, or was he growling, when she gave him a pat at his movie premiere.

But, has poor Bob had his reputation besmirched?

The "Mirror" has posted a photo of Catherine's events today where she has a big bandaid across her hand.

"No comment" was the official response when the cause of the injury was asked after.

Bob, unless they say you did it - I'll believe in your innocence!

(Growling reports or not.)

:previous:Snork!:D

Re: the Bob alleged scratch.
My current bandage in the same location is over a blister I got raking leaves. :cool:

The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015

There is video of her meeting Bob. He didn't scratch her. It was all on video.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
There is video of her meeting Bob. He didn't scratch him. It was all on video.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Bob is exonerated! Excellent Skippyboo.

And this story is spreading - even Royal reporter Rebecca English has thrown poor puss under the bus in an article with big photos of Catherine's ban-daid covered hand.

And saying the Duchess is "tight-lipped"about what happened to her.

Poor Bob. He's innocent I say!

You'd better get your PR on top of this Bob - though they do say, any publicity is good pubicity I suppose.

(Doesn't take much sometimes, does it AdmirerUS.)

Last edited:
Catherine cooks, running after two kids and has a dog. She has suffered from cuts and scratches before.

Catherine cooks, running after two kids and has a dog. She has suffered from cuts and scratches before.

You forgot Hamster in the list. I've never had one, but heard they can scratch & bite too.

It was the week for silly Kate headlines/stories, wasn't it?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

We most certainly cannot forget Marvin the Royal Hamster!

The only thing that would have been sillier than top headlines and comments about a band-aid would be to have announced just what brand of a band-aid it was, what color it was and remarking how it has sold out in stores instantly all over the globe. :lol:

In my lifetime I have had 5 cats, four since they were kittens. I have never had a scratch bad enough to put a band-aid on it. And I've bathed my cats which is when I really got scratched up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom