The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Yes, and photoshops them. There is a huge difference between the Kate who we saw shopping in London in photos the other day, looking haggard, tired out and rather older than her age, and the photos of her seen in this centre where there's barely a line on her face to be seen.

Curryong I think its against forum rules to say these images are photoshopped. Do you have any evidence other than your bias against Catherine?

Getty Images is very litigious

The images are real and very beautiful. The images of her out shopping were her off duty pics and she didn't have her official self together. What I like about Catherine is that she's real. She don't look like the perfect image of a princess every single day.

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge joined in the festive celebrations at a Christmas party in Camden today, at the Family School at the Anna Freud Centre in north London. The Anna Freud Centre is a charity dedicated to providing Allied Health Professionals and families training and support for Child Mental Health services-

Home - ITNSource News

I like that Catherine said a few words to everyone before leaving the party. She might get in the habit of doing what some of the royals do, saying a few unscripted words at the end of an engagement.

Here is video tape from today's activities with close-ups of Kate. (Can video be "photoshopped?" IMHO I still see the lines on her face, but now she's indoors, wearing a warm color and more make up. Also it looks like she's well-rested.

^ Yes, and photoshops them. There is a huge difference between the Kate who we saw shopping in London in photos the other day, looking haggard, tired out and rather older than her age, and the photos of her seen in this centre where there's barely a line on her face to be seen.

Nah, you can definitely see lines on Kate's face, she just has more make-up on today than she did while out shopping. Not to mention I bet there's a difference between a pap's camera & the camera of someone actually close to a person & not taking photos in secret. Not to mention the added benefit of Kate actually enjoying herself today. She might also have had a good nights sleep. There are so many things that could explain why she looks better today and photoshop is far at the bottom of the list.

^ I'm not biased against Kate at all. It's my sincere belief that some of the newspaper photos look photoshopped or touched up in some way. It's true that Kate is well made up on the visit to the centre and I actually like her red dress. The colour suits her. However, when she was shopping she looked older than her age and tired.

Doesn't it take a while to photoshopped photos?

^ Unfortunately many of these photographs of Kate look as if they have been photo-shopped to within an inch of life. I believe only the KP photographer was allowed to take snaps within the centre, leaving the print media's photographers on the back foot again.

Alternatively, perhaps the "shopping" pix were photoshopped. ;)

So now looking tired means one look way older than their ages.
People have been saying Catherine has look decade older since she graduated St. Andrews. I can't take these comments seriously

^ I'm not biased against Kate at all. It's my sincere belief that some of the newspaper photos look photoshopped or touched up in some way. It's true that Kate is well made up on the visit to the centre and I actually like her red dress. The colour suits her. However, when she was shopping she looked older than her age and tired.

Perhaps you can post a side by side of a couple of photos for comparison?

Nearly every single photograph in a magazine or newspaper was photoshopped, airbrushed, retouched, whether it is still done in the age of the internet is debatable.

If you are looking at pictures from 1980s, 1990s, they are completely photoshopped.

They were photoshopping pictures in the 1902.
Queen Alexandra's coronation photo was photoshopped.

A few months back the DM ran a story outing another publication for photoshopping, then the next day they ran photos that were photoshopped.

In the days of the internet, it is easy to spot photoshopped photographs but before it was known that all published photographs were doctored but it was expected and accepted practice.

Last edited:
^ Unfortunately many of these photographs of Kate look as if they have been photo-shopped to within an inch of life. I believe only the KP photographer was allowed to take snaps within the centre, leaving the print media's photographers on the back foot again.

In old film days there was a film progress (can be wrong word) made to all films when making paper pictures. Today there is certain Bridge or Lightroom things done to all pictures what is the same thing. That is making whites and blacks in place, right white balance, picture clearer etc. So that is done to all pictures, yes. But newspapers do not photoshop pictures like you think. That is not permitted by ethic of journalists. Magazines do Photoshop their pictures more, depending what is the reason of article. If it is a fashion or beauty photography, they can be photoshoped. If it is a true life article they do not.

I am a photpgrapher as a profession.

You cannot compare secret paparazzi pictures taken with huge zooms to quality of a good normal photograph. First every lens make people look different. Secondly Catherine (or everybody else of these royals) has in those public events good make-up, hair done and nice clothes. Pictures turn out of course very different after that. I do not like at all those > 1000 mm zoom secret paparazzi pictures. My oppinion is that royals should have their privacy after leting people so much see their work.

Blondiini, very interesting information. how close are paparazzi when they take pictures of royals or celebrities during private outings, such as those of kate going out shopping? i always assumed they were relatively close (several tens of meters), yet with your description i get the impression it may be more. in any case, royals always seem to spot them easily as they look straight into their lense with disappointment.

Blondiini, very interesting information. how close are paparazzi when they take pictures of royals or celebrities during private outings, such as those of kate going out shopping? i always assumed they were relatively close (several tens of meters), yet with your description i get the impression it may be more. in any case, royals always seem to spot them easily as they look straight into their lense with disappointment.

If you watch these video, you can see how far a paparazzi can be to take photos of people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxm4XO-nEH4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P18JOsdlFU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFHS47RnvZg

Last edited:
Wow!!! I had no idea that zoom could work from so far away. I always assumed paparazzi had to be across the street and following pretty close. That's insane that someone can be watching you from across a lake!

Remember the pics from the vacation in France? The papparazzi were a long way from them.

LaRae

Thanks Blondiini for the inside scoop from a professional photographer. Although I rarely have reason to, I think the Daily Fail excels in their photography department. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to use the term photo enhancing to describe the process used to turn a photograph into the best that it can possibly be? Photoshopping to me always gave the connotation that the photo was altered like we've seen here with putting different tiaras on different female royals to see what they'd look like in them.

T Wouldn't it be more appropriate to use the term photo enhancing to describe the process used to turn a photograph into the best that it can possibly be? Photoshopping to me always gave the connotation that the photo was altered like we've seen here with putting different tiaras on different female royals to see what they'd look like in them.

Photoshopping is a 'modern' term. It was previously called retouching, airbrushing.

When you look are photographs in magazine and newspapers and see your favorite royal or celebrity with bright straight white teeth and no blemishes or pimples on their face, it is not because their skin is flawless or their teeth perfect.

Newspapers and magazines and online publications regularly retouch photos, especially of famous people. Wrinkles are removed, teeth are whitened and straightened, eyes are enhanced and made larger, faces are reshaped and double chins removed, bodies are reshaped and made slender.

Even 'historical' photographs were retouched.

In the U.S., people of color were regularly 'removed' out of photographs, especially if the picture was to appear on a cover of a magazine or newspaper, unless the article was about them This practice was still going on during the 1980s.

Last edited:
Photoshopping is a 'modern' term. It was previously called retouching, airbrushing.

When you look are photographs in magazine and newspapers and see your favorite royal or celebrity with bright straight white teeth and no blemishes or pimples on their face, it is not because their skin is flawless or their teeth perfect.

Newspapers and magazines and online publications regularly retouch photos, especially of famous people. Wrinkles are removed, teeth are whitened and straightened, eyes are enhanced and made larger, faces are reshaped and double chins removed, bodies are reshaped and made slender.

In the U.S., people of color were regularly 'removed' out of photographs, especially if the picture was to appear on a cover of a magazine or newspaper, unless the article was about them This practice was still going on during the 1980s.

Thanks! Learn something totally new everyday is my game and I've met my quota today. Very interesting information I wasn't aware of at all. :flowers:

I think paparazzis can be hundrets of meters away. Those last shopping pictures are so grany and the fact that Catherine did not see the photographer show that clearly that pictures were taken at least 60 - 100 m away. Distance can be even longer. Before some holiday paparazzi pictures were taken over 1 km distance.

Streets are public places, there can be taken pictures when will, so those pictures come (narrowly) to permitted pictures.

Yes, old days today´s photoshop was first partly made when progressing film (today´s Lightroom/Bridge) thing and then most commonly painted over by certain watercolors and lacquers. Look at old portraits and you see there are some drawn lines mostly in eyes or men´s suit collars.

I keep it a small problem that those Lightroom/Bridge things are called also photoshoping with public when I myself think photoshoping is really altering something in pictures for example making wrinkles disappear.

Last edited by a moderator:
AFC Events ‏@AFCevents
We are incredibly grateful for the media attention HRH is bringing to child & family mental health, which is so often neglected @PeterFonagy

AFC Events @AFCevents
We're honoured HRH Duchess of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal joined pupils for festive activities yesterday. Read more:

The Duchess of Cambridge drums up support for the Anna Freud Centre

Catherine and children never fails to disappoint! I'm in tears! I have an idea that a patronage could happen- and if so- and even if not- then a Christmas party at KP like Camilla does at CH would be wonderful. I'm betting a lot of these kids have never been to a palace. Again, I know someone who would be fantastic entertainment at this...

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess of Cambridge will be guest-editing The Huffington Post UK for a day in mid-February

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
HRH will highlight the importance of children's mental health and the inspiring work being undertaken in this field around the country

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
A @KensingtonRoyal spokesperson said: "The Duchess of Cambridge has made the mental health of young children a key focus of her work in...

...recent years. She is delighted that The @HuffingtonPost will help put a spotlight on this important issue. The Duchess will be..

...commissioning contributions from a number of leading figures in the mental health sector as well as from young people, parents and...

...teachers. We look forward to welcoming The @HuffingtonPost team to Kensington Palace next month."

Last edited:
Exciting news. I was wondering when she would do something like that.

What a cool idea! (I've never heard of royals doing something like that before but I'm rather new in this royal watching so I may be WAAAAY of!)

Great initiative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom