The Duchess of Cambridge as Patron of Place2Be & Other Child Mental Health Charities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Place2Be ‏@Place2Be
We are delighted that our Royal Patron HRH The Duchess of Cambridge is @ICAPCharityDay supporting our work @KensingtonRoyal #ICAP

Place2Be ‏@Place2Be
Our Royal Patron HRH The Duchess of Cambridge @ICAPCharityDay listening to children from the Horsenden School Choir

https://twitter.com/Place2Be/status/674557266692055040

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to put this here as the artilce specifically mentions Catherine's work as patron of Place2Be as well as her visits with the Anna Freud Centre and MIND

The Duchess of Cambridge has topped a list of “health heroes” for her championing of children’s mental health.

Kate was praised for speaking out on a subject that for decades has suffered taboo status and continues to be under-resourced by the NHS.

Others commended by the MyHealthLondon website included the rapper Professor Green, who revealed the truth about his father’s suicide to highlight the number of young men taking their own lives, and doctor Michael Jacobs, who led the Royal Free Hospital team that saved three UK nurses from Ebola.
Read more: Duchess of Cambridge tops ‘health heroes’ list for mental health campaigning | Health | News | London Evening Standard

https://www.myhealth.london.nhs.uk/...d-dr-kate-granger-lead-myhealthlondons-health

Last edited:
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, Royal Patron of children’s mental health charity Place2Be, has recorded a special video message to help launch Children’s Mental Health Week 2016 (8-14 February) which this year focuses on the importance of building children’s resilience and their ability to cope with life’s stressful situations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21jqtJ-UB_w&app=desktop

The Place2Be video shows a much more confident Duchess than the past ones. It was a great idea to have the kids interacting with Kate. Parents, teachers and kids can relate and take some of the message to heart.

Great video message, delivered with confidence and emotion, and highlighted the cause of Place2be.

She sounds great- some of the most confident speaking I've seen her do. Great seeing her interact with the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The Duchess of Cambridge has called for more children to have better mental health support in schools to stop problems developing later in life.

Kate, as patron of the mental health charity Place2be, has recorded a video message to mark the start of Children's Mental Health Week.

The video, which was filmed in Salisbury Primary School, Queen's Park, northwest London, shows the Duchess talking to four children who have benefited from support from Place2Be.
Read more: Duchess Calls For Emotional Support In Schools

i also liked the place to be video, she sounds stronger than before as you've all pointed out and she is relaxed. i can remember one of her first videos during the africa horn crisis when they visited denmark, and she sounded almost fake from the nervousness. she clearly has come a long way. and the cause is such a powerful one, i love how she engages with the children when asking questions.

i also like her diction a lot. i wonder if she ever spoke such a clear 'queen's' english, or if she became trained as a result of becoming royal. (she obviously always had a good base in the past, as pippa also speaks very clearly.)

i also like her diction a lot. i wonder if she ever spoke such a clear 'queen's' english, or if she became trained as a result of becoming royal. (she obviously always had a good base in the past, as pippa also speaks very clearly.)

I think she was trained, nobody speaks like this apart from QEII. Its a good cause but I still find Kate speaking very boring and stiff.

It may have only been 3 and a half minutes long but the video that Princess Kate made at a school to highlight what can be done for children's mental health has had an astonishing impact.

It has had nearly half a million views on social networking sites, in 180 countries, and been broadcast on news programs around the world, making up a potential audience of millions.

"This is unprecedented coverage for our work," says Benita Refson, President of Place2Be, the organization behind the video.

Place2Be is a key charity backed by Kate, 34, in her ongoing commitment to tackling mental health issues. Refson tells PEOPLE the royal mom is "extremely well-informed" about the issues.

Those at Place2Be were thrilled they were able to make the film in a school so the children could ask her questions.

"It gave children the opportunity to talk about their attitudes towards emotional wellbeing and the chance to ask the Duchess about her own thoughts on Place2Be," Refson says. "We are keen to ensure that the children's own voices are listened to and this was a unique platform for them to speak out and be heard worldwide."

Clearly, the children clearly enjoyed the experience: "I was really excited to meet the Duchess, my Nan was really excited for me too," says Bailey-Rae, 7, says.

While Nimra, 10, tells PEOPLE: "I had the biggest smile on my face when she walked in and then I just kept on smiling. I couldn’t stop."
Read more: Princess Kate Has Reached Millions Around World With Her Video Message : People.com

Last edited:
Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess has become Patron @AFCevents reflecting her interest in #ChildrensMentalHealth

The Anna Freud Centre @AFCevents is working to reduce the burden of mental health difficulties of children and young people

AFC Events ‏@AFCevents
We're delighted to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge has become a patron. @KensingtonRoyal

AFC Events ‏@AFCevents
As a champion of mental health, she will make a huge difference to the children & families we support and to families all over the country

The Duchess of Cambridge has become Patron of the Anna Freud Centre

Last edited:
The Duchess has become Patron @AFCevents reflecting her interest in #ChildrensMentalHealth

The Anna Freud Centre @AFCevents is working to reduce the burden of mental health difficulties of children and young people

AFC Events ‏@AFCevents
We're delighted to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge has become a patron. @KensingtonRoyal

AFC Events ‏@AFCevents
As a champion of mental health, she will make a huge difference to the children & families we support and to families all over the country

The Duchess of Cambridge has become Patron of the Anna Freud Centre

I was wondering if this would be announced today. I had a feeling there'd be a new Patronage to do w/Children's Mental Health to go along w/her Guest Editing of The Huffington Post and sure enough!!

Great news!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The Duchess of Cambridge has been hailed for her efforts to help children with mental health problems as she met parents of troubled youngsters.

Kate was the guest of honour at an event for the Anna Freud Centre, of which she is patron, to thank donors backing the charity's plan for a £34 million "centre of excellence" in Kings Cross, north London.

She first visited the charity's Hampstead headquarters in September and became a patron in February.

The centre's chief executive, Peter Fonagy, said: "She has done a tremendous amount to raise awareness of child mental health as an issue."
Read more: Kate hailed for raising awareness of child mental health issues - AOL News UK

------------------------------------------------------------
AFC Events ‏@AFCevents
The Duchess of Cambridge attends fundraising lunch for a new centre of excellence in mental health @KensingtonRoyal

AFC Events ‏@AFCevents
Find out more about our planned centre of excellence here

The Anna Freud Centre | A Centre of Excellence

I think that mental health causes are the most current issues our world has to deal with at the moment, alongside domestic violence and terrorism.

In 2016 itis still a taboo issue, so focusing attention on mental health, especially on kids, is never enough!

Maybe some royals are dealing with a mental illness and are still reluctant to speak up about it.

Maybe more referring to the statistic of 1 in 3 feel embarrassed to seek mental help for kids than DM headline, perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think perhaps History Girl meant that the statement itself about one out of three adults wouldn't seek help for their child and I have to agree with that.

Although we know its not true, many parents feel that what their kids are like, what they do and their problems and accomplishments are reflective of them as parents. Johnny is the "chip off the old block" and Susie is "her mother's daughter" etc. There still is the feeling of shame that some parents feel when their child has something not right about them. This is what the Cambridges are trying so hard to reach out to and reassure parents and their children that a mental health issue is on par with having a cut that needs stitches and nothing to be ashamed of.

Having sat on both sides of the table at school conferences as an educator seeking mental health assistance for a student and as a parent, I can understand the parents' reluctance. That being said it is crucial that parents/guardians listen to the concerns being presented by other family members, caregivers, school staff and medical professionals if their child needs a mental health evaluation.

I think perhaps History Girl meant that the statement itself about one out of three adults wouldn't seek help for their child and I have to agree with that.

Yes, I was referring to the statistic. Quite sad, but always room for improvement, and I'm glad Kate has chosen to bring attention to this issue.

Looking forward to this engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom