The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1: 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I can picture it clearly. The whole family fishing on the River Dee and Kate gutting and cleaning the fish while Philip grills them to perfection on the BBQ. And we must not forget the corgis keeping them all on their toes. :)

Yes, she seems to fit right in! But then - I can gutt fish, too....:whistling:

It sounds like a wonderful time was had by everybody involved. One thing most people wouldn't associate with a princess is gutting fish though. EWWWW :eek:. Not exactly my cup of tea either but I do make a mean s'more!

It definitely seems that everyone involved enjoyed themselves. I for one, cannot stomach smelling cooked fish at times, so touching raw fish would send me over the edge (not in a good way either). Kudos to Catherine for being able to do this.

Major kudos to Kate for gutting a fish. You wouldn't catch me doing that. She just went up a few more steps on my ladder of respect.

Yep, same here. She's certainly very handy when it comes to cooking/kitchen-related skills.

What a nice treat for the Scouts. Ah, the little things we find out about the Duchess, like wielding a deft hand gutting fish. Watch out, William, don't get her angry!:D

Oh, Heaven help us all :eek:! I can just picture fish guts flying around during a rather heated disagreement (which would probably result in having to keep a really strong air freshener handy) :ROFLMAO:. I won't want to be near their house if this were to every occur :lol:.

:previous: I can picture it clearly. The whole family fishing on the River Dee and Kate gutting and cleaning the fish while Philip grills them to perfection on the BBQ. And we must not forget the corgis keeping them all on their toes. :)

This is definitely a delightful picture :D. I think Catherine would actually really get a kick out of doing something like that. She seems to feel at home when outside in the woods or on the beach.

I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when HM and the DoE heard about Catherine's fish gutting. :)

I'm going to focus on the actual posts that are accurate from today...

LOVE that card!! Not only is it gorgeous, but it's truly one of those takes care of two worthy organizations at the same time things. Never a bad thing when that happens and I doubt very much if it wasn't for Kate's patronage, neither one would have been in touch w/each other.

However, they were and in turn they both have a gorgeous card to use to raise money. Huge win for both!!

Yeah, it really is a nice card. Obviously these kids are way more artistic than I was as a kid.

I'm really looking forward to the announcement about the charities Catherine will officially support soon.

I do wonder if an announcement will come this year on a honorary military position for her?

I'm really looking forward to the announcement about the charities Catherine will officially support soon.

I do wonder if an announcement will come this year on a honorary military position for her?

I wouldn't in the least bit be surprised if Kate took on a charity that focuses of well being and care for pregnant and new mothers.

I'm looking forward the announcement too:flowers: I remember last year SJP announced her patronages on 4th january, so probably would be the same this year.​

Let's wait and see:flowers:

I read in an article that the announcement could be delayed because of her pregnancy. The reason is that she wasn´t able to make visits to the projects and therefor she didn´t decide.

Instead if thinking of taking on more patronages to visit them once a year, how about dedicatig a little more time to this?

EACH@EACH_hospices We're very sorry to say that we've decided to cancel our Clothes Swap event in Bury St Edmunds on 8th Feb due to low ticket sales

I'm sure the EACH staff, Catherine and her aides would've done something about this if they could. The Duchess of Cambridge is briefed by daily and weekly and meetings are held on her charities of which she's royal patron. The palace just said that HRH is pretty busy with meetings.

That's too bad they had to cancel that event though.

Last edited:
Is she really busy with meetings?? It's getting a bit dificult to believe it ... but let's assume she is. Why are they not made public? Isn't one of her roles to make the charities known to the public? Raise awarness, raise funds, etc, etc. Sure, she can visit the charities without it being made public, she can be in constant contact with the charities and we'll never know about it, but shouldn't she visit them more often? to me it's clear she should and could if she wished so... she's not a patron of many charities after all. How many times has she visited EACH? Once, i think... She could do much more for her charities and this is an example, she could announce that she would be at the Clothes Swap event, I'm sure many people would turn up just to see her. Or instead visit the charity and say something like "Look, there'll be an event on February, why don't you come?" I'm sure some people would turn up, people from the region who would go just for curiosity

How many times do these other royals visit their charity each year?
Didn't she just sent them a baby basket for charity? Did she visited their place during her Asian tour #Each

Did her Doctors say she can go back to work yet after her Hyperemesis gravidarum? Some people (journalist) are acting like they know what her health is just because she went to a gas station, the gap and a drug store.

^It´s a very strage Hyperemesis gravidatum if you ask me, one that allows her to hand in an award on TV and attend the opening of her portrait, but not do ANY work for 2 months complete.

Until everyone was sure she is well, no engagements would have been organised. This is out of consideration for the places to be visited. IT takes a lot of organisation, plus security etc for a visit to take place, so cancelling is wasteful of a lot of people's time and effort.

Now the Duchess is feeling well, her staff will be organising meetings but, again, these take time - particularly sorting out diairies, arranging security, etc. It's all very well saying "do it" but people and places need to be available. It isn't just her diary that needs to be accommodated.

If people took time out to realise what organisation these meetings take by ALL concerned, perhaps there would be less negativity.

I'm just pleased that she is now well.

The palace just said that The Duchess of Cambridge is busy working and will start up her official engagements soon.

Members of the royal family usually start back performing official engagements in February (depending on the schedualing). Like The Queen will kick off her year of official engagements on Feb 5th, before returning to London.

Last edited:
She was going to Christmas lunches in December as well so obviously has been feeling better for quite some time. I would also think that going shopping would be more tiring than visiting one of her charities for perhaps an hour. It's all a bit strange.

She was going to Christmas lunches in December as well so obviously has been feeling better for quite some time. I would also think that going shopping would be more tiring than visiting one of her charities for perhaps an hour. It's all a bit strange.

These are informal meetings that if she was feeling unwell, she could leave. Setting up formal meetings which could involve 10's of people (ie a hospital or hospice visit) is a lot of organising on both sides, and a lot a disappointment if it is cancelled. OR of course she could stay and throw up over everyone

^It´s a very strage Hyperemesis gravidatum if you ask me, one that allows her to hand in an award on TV and attend the opening of her portrait, but not do ANY work for 2 months complete.
She was only at the ceremony for about 45 minutes, so she didn't spend much time at the event.

She took a few months off to take care of herself, and she's now back to her daily meetings with advisors and her charities. According to the Palace, they're working out her schedule and she should be back to public duties in February.

A private lunch is much different than a charity event. If she gets sick while dining with friends/family/employees, she can leave or cancel. Much trickier with a public engagement.

As for shopping, hasn't it only been in the last few weeks that she's been spotted out and about? Before that, things were pretty quiet. Now that she's back to work (behind the scenes) and feeling much better, I imagine we'll see her resume normal activities - like shopping, getting coffee, having dinner with family, etc.

Last edited:

It's been known that Catherine often visit her charities privately and she's in constant contact with them. Her diary is being arranged within these meetings.

She was only at the ceremony for about 45 minutes, so she didn't spend much time at the event.

She took a few months off to take care of herself, and she's now back to her daily meetings with advisors and her charities. According to the Palace, they're working out her schedule and she should be back to public duties in February.

She never stays for more than 1 hour when she visits a charity. And since when HG is an excuse for women to stop working? Pregnant women do not get 3 months off work for HG, (yes in February when she´s back it will be 3 months), and you can hardly call what she does work. So make all the excuses you want for her. I have the right to believe the palace has made a statement that she visits her charities in "private" because all this situation is getting a bit ridiculous and the criticism is increasing. Not twits about her private visits but a lot on her shoppings.

She never stays for more than 1 hour when she visits a charity. And since when HG is an excuse for women to stop working? Pregnant women do not get 3 months off work for HG, (yes in February when she´s back it will be 3 months), and you can hardly call what she does work. So make all the excuses you want for her. I have the right to believe the palace has made a statement that she visits her charities in "private" because all this situation is getting a bit ridiculous and the criticism is increasing. Not twits about her private visits but a lot on her shoppings.

Give her a break. Her condition was severe enough to land her in a hospital, so that alone should say something. I'm sure if a 'regular' person had the same exact thing, more than likely she would get time off from her job. Maybe not three months, but several weeks for sure. I know that my job allows for extended medical leave, and I'd imagine that Catherine's condition would be a good enough reason to take advantage of something like that. I won't even touch your comment about Catherine's work not being work, because that's just ridiculous. Working with people is work, and a stressful work at that. Trust me on that, I do it every single day, and when I come home, I want to sit in peace and quiet and not talk to a soul (at least not in person).

I never understand why people feel the need to criticize what people. No she doesn't have the same kind of job the average people do, but a job is anything that requires some amount of work. She meets with her charities, visits them privately, and organizes her schedule while taking care of whatever home needs he has and flying or driving back and forth to Wales and London and whatever else her patronages are. I think people need to back off and frankly mind their own business besides HG comes and goes. One day she may feel fine an the next bad. I don't think it's our business to worry about what she does on her downtime or whether what she does is a real job by our standards.

She's coming back sometime in February and in the meantime is organizing her schedule and meeting with her charities.

Is it just me, or does one assume that the only people who could accurately guage how severe her illness is or was, would be Catherine and her doctors? Unless of course, I missed something. Has her medical records been released to the general public. No need for a true discussion that will throw the thread off topic but hopefully, the masses get my point.

Also, correct me if I am wrong but there have been 3 to 5 (maybe 10 max) sightings of Catherine since her illness was announced. That hardly qualifies as shopping all the time and just lazing around and not doing any duties.

But I guess if one is looking for faults than one will find fault.

But I guess if one is looking for faults than one will find fault.

Exactly. And there are some who really, really seem to enjoy looking for fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom