The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1: 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's good to watch the Documentary 'Monarchy: The Royal Family at Work' you will see how much work the royal family do behind the scenes as well as in public. They are very busy people and you'll see just because you don't see them on public duties, doesn't mean they are just sitting at home painting their toe nails while watching Downton Abbey.

Thank you,Dman,that´s right!Most of the work is unseen by the public.
But let me tell you-no matter in what job you work someone will come and tell you it is not so difficult.My mother works as a nurse and she has long working hours,physical labour and constantly needs to learn about new medications but still some people believe the only thing she does is to bring breakfast and ask if the patient has slept well;-)

The truth of the matter is .... for some people Katherine will NEVER do enough. And they will be judgemental, resentful and jealous no matter what. :bang:

^^ Oh, another "resentful", "jealous", blah blah blah post :bangin:

I know lots of the work is done in the backstage. I watched the documentary "The Royal Family at Work" and enjoyed it very much. I have no doubts kate does lot of work we don't see and never said the palace was lying (though is obvious the palace may do that sometimes) about her work, nor her charities were lying. What I doubt is that the work is THAT MUCH. Keeping in contact with kids, calling once in a while to have news about them is such a hard work:whistling: If she works so much being a part-time royal with a few charities imagine how tiring it will be for her when a full-time royal:ohmy:

I think it's good to watch the Documentary 'Monarchy: The Royal Family at Work' you will see how much work the royal family do behind the scenes as well as in public. They are very busy people and you'll see just because you don't see them on public duties, doesn't mean they are just sitting at home painting their toe nails while watching Downton Abbey.

Now that is one fantastic book/series! Pictures are incredible. I agree with you on that. :)

I don't see anyone saying that the she is completely overwhelmed with work. What I see people saying is that even though she's not doing engagements 24/7, she is still working behind the scenes (meeting with charities, doing research, etc). As is being pointed out, there is more to royal duties than just showing up and shaking hands.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge has been working hard and I'm sure she will do a fine job as a fulltime member of the royal family. She will be adding more charities of her choice to her royal patronage. Members of the royal family care a great deal about their charities and the people (men, women and children) who benefit from these charities.

I think it's fair to keep in mind that Catherine has Hyperemesis gravidarum. She's obviously not suing her sickness to get out of her royal duties but just trying to deal with that and her work at the sametime. The palace has said that she's getting better and working. Most likely she will follow her doctors advice and if things get a bit tricky again ( I hope not) then she will do what she have to do.

I just think we need to calm down and look forward to her future official engagements.

Now that is one fantastic book/series! Pictures are incredible. I agree with you on that. :)

I have the book and DVD of the series. I hope the royal family do another series like that in the future. It was very good and insightful. There's so much that goes into running a "Firm" like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see anyone saying that the she is completely overwhelmed with work. What I see people saying is that even though she's not doing engagements 24/7, she is still working behind the scenes (meeting with charities, doing research, etc). As is being pointed out, there is more to royal duties than just showing up and shaking hands.

Nor do I see anyone saying she does nothing all day long. I was just trying to say that her current workload is obviously not even 1/4 of what we see in the documentary. Obviously she does work behind the scenes but just don't tell me she's very busy, working very hard....

^^ Oh, another "resentful", "jealous", blah blah blah post :bangin:

I know lots of the work is done in the backstage. I watched the documentary "The Royal Family at Work" and enjoyed it very much. I have no doubts kate does lot of work we don't see and never said the palace was lying (though is obvious the palace may do that sometimes) about her work, nor her charities were lying. What I doubt is that the work is THAT MUCH. Keeping in contact with kids, calling once in a while to have news about them is such a hard work:whistling: If she works so much being a part-time royal with a few charities imagine how tiring it will be for her when a full-time royal:ohmy:
Extreme response much?

Nor do I see anyone saying she does nothing all day long. I was just trying to say that her current workload is obviously not even 1/4 of what we see in the documentary. Obviously she does work behind the scenes but just don't tell me she's very busy, working very hard....

I've seen many people on this forum saying Kate does nothing all day.

I dont think anyone believes that Kate's current workload is similar to what we see in the documentary. I mean, shes only a part-time royal (a new one at that), so she obviously has a lighter schedule. As for how busy she is or isn't, I can't say. Only she and her staff know that.

Last edited:
Hmmm... there's a difference between putting in a lot of hours working on certain projects and organizing things and attending events and hard work/labor which is plowing the fields, building a barn and killing, cleaning and cooking three meals a day and still have time to make the family's clothes.

I would say Kate puts a lot of effort into what she does but a scullery maid she is not and neither am I. :D

I volunteer with a cancer charity. My responsibility is keeping up with patients who have come to us to request assistance. I and another person call them every three or four months to let them know that we are thinking of them. We ask how they are doing, and then listen to what they have to say. It is terribly emotionally draining, sometimes you hear things you wish you didn't. To say that Kate's keeping up with kids (especially kids!) isn't hard work, is to not know the toll it can take on a human being.

I volunteer with a cancer charity. My responsibility is keeping up with patients who have come to us to request assistance. I and another person call them every three or four months to let them know that we are thinking of them. We ask how they are doing, and then listen to what they have to say. It is terribly emotionally draining, sometimes you hear things you wish you didn't. To say that Kate's keeping up with kids (especially kids!) isn't hard work, is to not know the toll it can take on a human being.

In complete agreement here. I work with children full-time, and even though I love them to pieces, they definitely drain me. A lot of people assume that teaching children with special needs is equivalent to babysitting, and that kind of attitude really irks me. Kids that are in special education have complex needs, and sometimes, they're more challenging than children who are typically developing, and since they're required to learn, the six hours I spend with them are anything but babysitting. They need to acquire certain skills, and it's my job to make sure that they do so, and let me tell you, at the end of the day I'm ready to crash. Same can be said when working with anyone who is terminally/seriously ill. It's draining, because you're putting your heart into your job, be it volunteering, or paid, and I'd imagine one is as exhausted from this type of work as someone who works in construction, or other job that is physically demanding. Catherine may not be doing something outside of her home on daily basis, but what she does while on the phone, listening to someone who is in pain is extremely valuable and admirable. Of course many people will never understand this, and will just keep saying over and over that the woman is a waste or space/money/time/etc.

First of all, after reading your post I went to re-read mine and admit I may have sounded a bit cold. It was never my intention to say that keeping in contact with the children, sending them her art, calling them once in a while is not important. It is, I'm sure the kids and their families appreciate it and I'm happy she's doing it. I know about the toll you're talking about, both my grandfather and uncle died of cancer not long ago and I know how we all suffered.
But sorry, my definition of hard work is a bit different....

In complete agreement here. I work with children full-time, and even though I love them to pieces, they definitely drain me. QUOTE]

I really admire you for doing this work,it is good to know that people like you do it with all their heart and it is probably very exhausting and emotionally challenging.Sometimes I look after my nephew and niece who are 3 and 2yrs old and even though I love them,they sometimes strain my nerves;)
The Duchess would probably get less critisism if she had more photocalls and pictures posing with little children but she seems to prefer working behind the scenes without too much cameras.(In Austria we say "Do a good deed but don´t talk about it" & Catherine seems to follow this rule.)

I really admire you for doing this work,it is good to know that people like you do it with all their heart and it is probably very exhausting and emotionally challenging.Sometimes I look after my nephew and niece who are 3 and 2yrs old and even though I love them,they sometimes strain my nerves;)
The Duchess would probably get less critisism if she had more photocalls and pictures posing with little children but she seems to prefer working behind the scenes without too much cameras.(In Austria we say "Do a good deed but don´t talk about it" & Catherine seems to follow this rule.)

Thank you for your kind words. I like Catherine's attitude, because it shows that she doesn't want any focus on herself when she's working with her charities. She wants to make sure that the attention is on the cause, and with her in front of the cameras that's just not going to happen. I personally think more gets done when she visits/works with her charities in unofficial capacity, because there's no press to worry about.

In complete agreement here. I work with children full-time, and even though I love them to pieces, they definitely drain me. A lot of people assume that teaching children with special needs is equivalent to babysitting, and that kind of attitude really irks me. Kids that are in special education have complex needs, and sometimes, they're more challenging than children who are typically developing, and since they're required to learn, the six hours I spend with them are anything but babysitting. They need to acquire certain skills, and it's my job to make sure that they do so, and let me tell you, at the end of the day I'm ready to crash. Same can be said when working with anyone who is terminally/seriously ill. It's draining, because you're putting your heart into your job, be it volunteering, or paid, and I'd imagine one is as exhausted from this type of work as someone who works in construction, or other job that is physically demanding. Catherine may not be doing something outside of her home on daily basis, but what she does while on the phone, listening to someone who is in pain is extremely valuable and admirable. Of course many people will never understand this, and will just keep saying over and over that the woman is a waste or space/money/time/etc.

Indeed it is!
My mom lives with us,she has dementia, long term memory fair, short term,she will ask me the same thing several times, my dad is a batchelor at home alone, I also am her legal guardian, this was my decision and choice ,every other week I try to have a three day weekend,I am exhausted,but I wouldn't trade it, I am the only one, no siblings,she is 82 father is 87.
We do one day at a time.
That's all u can do!

New event for the Duchess of cambridge:

Joe Little@MajestyMagazine
The Duchess of Cambridge, a Scout Association volunteer, will attend a training day at Tower Scout Camp in Cumbria on 22 March.

Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
The Duchess of Cambridge, a volunteer in the Scout Association, will attend a training day at Great Tower Scout Camp, Cumbria next Friday

Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
Kate, a newly trained volunteer leader, will join Cub Scouts trying out tree climbing and outdoor cooking

Last edited:
Looking forward to HRH visit with the Scouts.

Lake district is an amazing place. Didn't she take her puppy when she want to a scouts event in the past? I wonder if she would do it this time round as well. Looking forward to this visit.

Catherine and children is always a great combination. I'm really excited about this particular event.

She must love the Lake District.
She used to spend her summer holidays there when she was a kid.

finally we see the royal baby ''official'' bump!!! catherine look so perfect and beautifu! she will be a perfect mother, I can't wait to se the baby!

dazzling said:
Lake district is an amazing place. Didn't she take her puppy when she want to a scouts event in the past? I wonder if she would do it this time round as well. Looking forward to this visit.

My parents went to the Lake District when they were on their three-week vacation of England and Wales in late July and early August 1990; they spent my mom's 38th birthday there. My mom says it's like our cottage country (we live in Southern Ontario).

@ClarenceHouse Here at Great Tower in Cumbria it's all systems go as team prepare for Duchess of Cambridge's visit Ow.ly - image uploaded by @UKScouting

I can't stay awake much more. After this two week hospital stay my body's clock is really messed up so that's why I've been MIA on updates but for those who can stay awake these should be good sources it seems.
https://twitter.com/Scoutsscarter
https://twitter.com/ScoutCentres
https://twitter.com/UKScouting

UK Scout Association ‏@UKScouting 12m Media arrive @ Great Tower to report on Duchess visit MT @scoutsscarter: OB location for @BBC_Cumbria & @asagurden pic.twitter.com/uDQ1Dhdy8z

BBC is live right now interviewing people who are part of the Scouts and are basically explaining what's going to happen today with the Duchess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom